Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 chevy coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Durty Bubble, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Durty Bubble

Durty Bubble
    from 29730

Whats up guys, I like would to do a 1950 coupe but.... I like to use a donor chasis, I've heard of guys useing S-10 chasis , have any any of you guys done one or can put me in touch w/ some one who has. Any advice is app. If your asking why a donor it's for my kid and I want him to be safe and and less head ache working or breaking down. Thanks Bubble :D

2. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

The S10 frame is doable but very intense.. a newer caprice is much better.. even better to use is the 50 frame and update the IFS to something like a Mustang II kit.. thats what i used with my 51 or you can rebuild your original.. a frame swap is a large amount of work!!!

3. AustinPhoenix

AustinPhoenix
    from Austin

I've been researching this very same thing for a little while. My concern has always been cutting the frame. Although it's a little bit more, you should look at Chassis Engineering. They have a bolt on front suspension upgrade with disc brakes and everything. That's slowly winning me over.

Keep in touch and we can help each other out during our projects. I have a 52 that I'm rebuilding.

4. Durty Bubble

Durty Bubble
    from 29730

Thanks a lot guys!!!