Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. roseboystoys

roseboystoys

Here's my 1949 Dodge Coronet Convertible. Flat 6 Fluid Drive
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is with Big Daddy Don Gatlits!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
    52RAM108 likes this.
  2. Slick Steve

Slick Steve
    from Indy

Here is mine, 51' Wayfarer. A few pics of some new parts for it:

Edmunds Dual Intake
    Matched Set of Rochester B's
    Cast Iron Headers

Attached Files:

3. ~Diablo~

~Diablo~

how much did you pay for the headers and the intake?

4. bk812

bk812

here is a 36 sedan we are chopping up

Attached Files:

5. MXTMOPR

MXTMOPR

Working on a 49 Dodge coupe. Just thinking outside of the box. I want to lower the front suspension without using dropped spindles. Too much $$$$. How about removing the plate that the coil spring rests on and mounting it to the bottom of the control arm instead of the top? This will give approx. 2" of drop. What do ya think? Picture of control arm in my folder.

6. lindaswalker@cableone.net

[email protected]

Still making strides on my 1950 business coupe repairing rust and getting frame ready to sandblast, just bought a 318 off craigs list started to take it apart. Hope to have new pictures to share this weekend. Rick.

7. loungelizardswooner

loungelizardswooner

Attached Files:

8. dodgeboy

dodgeboy

I just bought a 41 dodge bussiness coupe that was listed here last week.Im looking for an early Hemi for it now.Im also going to put a straight axle under the front among a few other mods to make a gasser out of it.

9. I know it's not as old as most of you guys but it's my mopar dream wagon....76K original miles and 100% rust free...with one old repaint....bought it missing all the drive train got it going again last year and drive it as much as I can.

[​IMG]

I really want an old 30 something Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Desoto but only have a single car garage and no room.....but hope to find a shop to rent so I can get my rod and early Hemi and start a build.

10. That's doable, just double secure the plate to bottom, you really don't want it to give up on you:D It's riveted now but you can weld it in place. I cut 1 round off my coil springs and obtained 2" drop. Does not ruin any of the front end geometry or ride characterists. Also relocating the front shock is a common trick. That design is pretty weak from factory. Here's a little how to
    http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=13293

11. MXTMOPR

MXTMOPR

Thanks for the info. Oh I certainly plan to weld the plates to the bottom of the arms. I will also invert the sway bar mounts and swap left for right sides. I will post pix when this is done. I'm just finishing up peaking the hood and then I plan to do the control arm experiment. Doing the fabrication is no big deal for me, I have everything except for a big budget in my shop.

12. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

currently working on a 50 special deluxe 4 door. will post pics soon.

13. axe grinder

axe grinder

Heres my .02........42 ply bus coupe ...a 'slow motion' work in progress!!!

14. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have a 37 Plymouth pick-up that I will be starting sometime this summer I hope . Going to be dropping in a 292 Y block with 3x2 , 3/4 Isky race cam , 4 speed , 3:55 posi . Want someting a little different . Should be a total blast to drive . Thought about cutting the top off and making a roadster out of it . Like that idea , but hate to cut a good top off the cab . Oh well !
    Have to finish my 55 Ford first !

15. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

Me and my buddy are restoring a 64 Valiant. We swaped out the original slant6 with a dart 350. It handles pretty good but we are still debating what gears to throw on there. After he drives it for a while we are going to take it apart and paint all the stuff and put it all back together. It should be a pretty cool car when its done

16. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

PM me if you need any parts. I know a guy that has a bunch of them.

17. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Not a car but a 54 Dodge 270 Hemi and trying to deiced on a intake and valve covers and it's done..........

18. Seamus_McBastard

Seamus_McBastard

I've got a 64 Polara 440 4-door, 318 Polyhead, real rough, been hit, rear pass door mashed up bad...no floorboards left really... not sure what to do with it cause I really don't want a 4-door :(

19. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

i put this togeather from a four door.when i piled the parts that i didnt use i sold them to a restorer.shoulda seen his face when he took a gander of what i was up to.priceless.i was at at yard sale about a mile from my house with my granddaughter and saw a fender pokin behind heaps of shit.i asked about the old car and was told it was his sisters car left to her by her dad,he would call her and get back to me.later that night he called back and said 2500.00.rust free,motor seized,1 flat tire and stuck brakes.good yard sale id say

Attached Files:

20. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Here is a 50 plymouth fastback for sale

Attached Files:

21. hkestes

hkestes

Here is a link from P15D24 discussing that procedure.

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=8908&highlight=control+arm

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  22. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  23. pictures of my 49 Plymouth and my 53 Dodge truck. Truck is still a long way off from finished.

Attached Files:

24. Heres mine......47 dodge

[​IMG]

25. Bought some 49 ribbrd bumpers,butthey are to narrow for my 47, have'em listed in the classifieds....

26. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

my shop is starting to fill up.......guess the wifes horse trailer has to go..
    3-21-09 014.jpg

27. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I just picked up an NOS Sharp aluminum head for the 218 and 230 engines...of course...now that I sold all of my cars and flathead engines!

28. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Gonna build my first custom out of this for a friend. Boy is it a turd....

Attached Files:

29. vertible59

vertible59

Same deal with Ford 9'' rears all the way through '64. Bolted a '64 Galaxie 9' under my '41 Plymouth in 1976. That's another car I wish I had never sold!

30. vertible59

vertible59

That, in my humble opinion is one of the best looking bodystyles EVER! Like your car a lot...everything from the louvered hood to the color. Nice look.:)