Register now to get rid of these ads!

leading.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47fordcoe, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 47fordcoe

47fordcoe
    from San Diego

what up fellas and girls...just wanted to post a few pics of my first attempts at leading...I chopped my 40 GMC COE about a year ago but didn't like the way it looked so I took off 2 more inches in the front but left the back untouched. I have about 15 hours in the re-chop-metal-leading process. Didn't use much lead because I took my time with all the fab work I also posted a pic of the other side...next weekend.. Let me know what you think!! Aaron

Attached Files:

2. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Getting there.

3. 47fordcoe

47fordcoe
    from San Diego

what a dip shit....the previous pics are in bare steel here are the lead pics!!

Attached Files:

4. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Ok, now thats a LOT better. Cooooooool.

5. ...nice job!! I have wanted to try my hand at leading and have the stuff, but was always skeered of the warpage factor when heat'n er up. I don't have anyone in my neck of the woods to teach me the secrets...what kind of distortion did you encounter, if any? Would love to see some 20 footer pics of your truck if ya got some!!

Fs-N-Fs

6. ThunderRoad Garage

ThunderRoad Garage
    from missouri

oh man i just dig the look of leading. definitely going to give it a try.

7. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Lead
    The only way to fill imperfections

8. Looks good where did you pick up your lead and what ratio? (i.e. 70/30)

9. 47fordcoe

47fordcoe
    from San Diego

No warping as the section was too small....the mix is 70/30 from east wood...easy as hell.....just take your time! The pic on the left is the first chop about a year ago...the other pic was taken on sunday I'll get some side shots...

Attached Files:

10. Eastwoods! Thats where I got my leading stuff years back...they used to be in Malvern/Frazer Pa right at Rt 202 and RT30 about 40 mins from my house...great stuff...obsolete engine colors in the rattle can...home powder coating kit...lots of hand forming tools...

Thanks for the pics...watching for updates!! ;)

Fs-N-Fs

11. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Colorking on Artesia Blvd. sells 30/70 @ about $4.00 a stick. You can get flux anywhere they sell solder supplies. You don't need some damn kit from Yeastwood to supply you with material.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    " It's time for another Tea Party !"

12. 47fordcoe

47fordcoe
    from San Diego

NICE...Thanks for that info.......I got about 20lbs or so of lead but my truck may need a bit more!!