Register now to get rid of these ads!

50's custom engine compartment pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by palosfv3, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Still searching for info for the "Valley Custom Shop " Lincoln . One of the difficulties I'm encountering is the engine compartment. I have 2 pictures of the engine on a stand and the receipt for the work from Flieschmanns . It would have been all I needed if some prevoius owner from the 1980's didnt remove the original engine and most everything from the compartment. Conversations and all the help of Ina Mae and Mary Ellen have led me to the conclusion that the exterior of the car was the highlight and the primary focus of most photo efforts.
    I thought it may be a good idea to start a thread of pictures of 1950's period custom car engine bays.
    Many of the early customs didnt have tons of chrome and over the top show car upholstery. That did start to happen until the later 50's . Most early 50's customs were drivers with fairly stock engines. Even Rik Hoving's site has very few photos of early 50's engine compartments.

I've done a search of the HAMB but there are only a couple of pics , mostly late 50's early 60's stuff.

Hopefully this will be helpful to all custom car owners.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

All I see are 3 red x's. Is my puter broke? Stu

3. skunx1964

skunx1964

yalls avatars are wayy too similar, lol

4. Blue50F-1

Blue50F-1

I see the same.

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Wow, I never even noticed that. Do you suppose it could some kind of convoluted conspiracy to upset the economy of the world? In all fairness, Larry's avatar is a french car???? and mine is just an old Studebaker. Stu