Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 22 Roadster PU Makeover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Suave's Buick, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Just a few more shots from tonight...
    This what happens when you have a wife who loves you, and a garage full of friends that are talented! dreams become reality...

Attached Files:

2. llonning

llonning

That turned out fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job, Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey - we have to get the trans tunnel and inside front firewall blacked out in that thing - then it will ready! Looks great - pictures must be blurry from exhaustion or excitement....or both

4. I think Mikey had the Red Bull jitters. :D

5. Some more shots from the Saturday late night session.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I love that little thing.

7. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Yeah... That's what my wife says too...:eek:

8. front to rear, top to bottom I really enjoy looking at this rpu...the bed wood and tank look awesome...

9. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

A brief update from thursday afternoon. We have had great sunny weather all day and the move to the Motor-rama 62 at the world of wheels car show here in Indy went very well!
    I cant begin to describe what this damn geen thing looks like in the sunshine...................stuning would work i guess!!!!
    We have the Bubbas Hot Rod shop building for a display backdrop at the car show, pretty awesum if i do say so myself!! Hambers stop by and shoot the breeze ,some of us will be there all weekend etc......
    Took a group pic last night although approx five or more are missing. The swiss miss clubs guys wasnt there as well as a couple others .
    Had a closing cermony on the project with tequila and lime to celebrate the green color.........helps when one of the group is a liquor distributor ..... Appears the gold is better than the white???

Best kept secret ever was the air cleaner maccustom was working on off site pretty damn cool and really hits the colors right !!!!!!

[​IMG]

It was a old cal custom i had on my GMC for a couple years etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Love the look and vibe of that thing. I want to build a truck like that so bad.
    Nice work

11. redsean

redsean

congrats on finishing. looks awesome

12. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really enjoyed working on that car - wish I had one myself

13. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Very nice , Is this a candidate for the "best winter project" thingy ?

14. Been following this one all along...absolutely love this sucker and am now gonna have to build one too...the air cleaner looks perfect and it looks killer out in the sunshine...what about a set of radirs on there?

15. OK, First of the shots at the Motorama today...
    What a great build...;)
    What a great bunch of guys..:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  16. Is Mike asleep on the tire. I think every picture we have of him he's asleep somewhere... :D

17. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

were on there at the begining of the origonal build...
    Thanks for all the good comments, and the following.
    If you build one, I've got some extra parts... Ha-ha!

18. And the finished product. :cool: All the Bubba's guys, and everyone who chipped in helped, got parts, cleaned, polished and worked their butts off please take a bow.

[​IMG]

19. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Phones been ringing all morning, seems the display and Mikes car was on morning TV in Indy ....channel 59 i think..........
    Damn it , another media ho in the group......

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. What about me????

22. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Hell they never even mentioned you , your wife had to tell me you did the interview!!
    What happened, dont the Hi Winders dont get up early enough to do show interviews.???:eek::eek::eek::D
    Where the hell was T. Engle ? Getting his shoes shined or picking up his laundry???:D:D

23. He couldn't find his Wendy's hat

24. Congrats to Mikey and his truck makeover. First trip out and he bagged himself a neat hand made trophy. :cool:

Neat shot captured at the MotoRama by pyrocars.com.

[​IMG]

25. congrats...much deserved

26. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

In conclusion:
    I can't thank every one enough for the past six weeks during this
    make-over. There are so many people involved in this I barley got to lift a finger. I kind of felt like the little kid helping his dad in the garage, holding the flashlight. I also have to admit that I felt a little down when we missed the "People Choice" award at the MotoRama by three(3) little votes. I really wanted it for everyone who helped make my vision become a reality. And it became more than I ever dreamed it would be.
    And a special thanks to my wife Lori (Mrs.S) for supporting me thru this, and making the MotoRama weekend a great weekend.
    I can't wait for the next build at Bubba's Garage...

Thanks to: Jim Lnder, Tom Culbertson, Scott Linder, John Welch, Jeff Ferrin, Brian McCucheon, Keith McCormick, Tim Shutters, Kirk Miller, Bill Jackaky, Craig, John, Dennis. And all you HAMB'ers with your words of encouragement.

27. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

these were supposed to be attached

Attached Files:

28. Mike & Lori, it was a pleasure being involved in this project...Bubba's "Vision" and guidance, Lindross perseverance in motivating us to stay on schedule, and all the other guy's and girls that helped along the way is what made this project so much fun,,,the Trophy was just some icing on the cake..:D

Heres a few from the Motorama....

Attached Files:

29. A few more..

Attached Files: