Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy Needs Help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnyjalopy, Feb 6, 2009.

1. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

Not sure if I've already posted this or not...

I have a 1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe, 4dr with stock/original 6-volt set-up under the hood...had starter problems and I took it to have it rebuilt...brought it home to put it in and I am an idiot and can't remember how the wires were attached...I know how the main power and wire coming from push button are laid out, but there is a third wire I'm unsure of...not sure where it goes...does anyone have a picture or diagram of this hook-up?

Since the starter has been put back in the car has run really rough...backfires thru the carburetor...feels like timing is off...distributor has never been touched...only thing that changed was I can't recall what to do with that third wire...climate has been different here since it broke down, is it possible I have a sticking vacuum control on distributor or would a bad generator cause it to run rough?

Any help would be great...thanks in advance...

~ Johnny ~

2. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

3. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

thanks big help...johnny