Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kind of OT :homework for my Hot Rod Helper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Imwalkin, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

Hey Guys and Gals,

Ben has a homework assignment and I want to ask for your help. Ben and I want to take Flat Stanley digital. I want to ask all of you to take a picture of Flat Stanley with your hot rods. Please include information on the type of car it is and where you are. (We have a Model A, 1928 and live in Tucson, Arizona.) If interested PM me an email address and I will send you a scan of Flat Stanley. Thanks a bunch.
    Matt K.

Attached Files:

2. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

back to the first page! thnks for the replys so far.

3. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

to the top for the morning crew. I was hoping we could get some folks from outside the U.S.A.

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Can you just post a scan of Flat Stanley to this thread?

Sounds like a fun idea! :D

5. 61TBird

61TBird

how's this??

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

Wow that look just like the Flat Stanley that We have. I will post a link to Photo bucket so it is full size and coloerd By Ben.. Thanks for the Idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

8. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

When is his assignment due? What, exactly, is the assignment?

I know where there might be a few hot rods tomorrow night....

9. sgtusmc

sgtusmc
    from socal

When I was in Iraq my wife sent me Stan. She mentioned something about taking him out with me and taking pics of him there. I took him everywhere, I had pics of him on camels, shooting my rifle, sitting on the sh!tter, sitting next to dead body's. It wasn't till I got back that I was told it was a school project for a little kid.

10. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

heres some pics of Flat Stanley with some of my cars and one with my son. Ben I hope this helps good luck

Attached Files:

11. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Flat Stanley got all dressed up and came to work with me today in Canton, Ohio. He decided he was in the market for a classic car. He really liked our all original 1928 Pierce Arrow...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But ended up going with something a little more his size, a kid's replica of a 1901 Packard Runabout...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just heard a car door slam out in the showroom, maybe I shouldn't have left him out there alone! Hope he doesn't try to drive any away! :D

12. 2002p51

2002p51

We took Flat Stanley to Goodguys Bowling Green last October and introduced him to Denise and Big Olds!

[​IMG]

13. Timo

Timo
    from md

Howabout some pics of future hot rods for the future hotrodder. Way to go Ben. 37 Chevy, 47 Plymouth. Both last registered in 1965. Hope to be registered again by 2015.

Attached Files:

14. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Flat Stanley was seen visiting New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada. He was ready to go for a ride on the Pontiac wearing his Canadian T-shirt !!!!

Wishing you great luck on your project !!!!

Attached Files:

15. 2002p51

2002p51

Here's another shot of Flat Stanley at the Goodguys event in Bowling Green.
    We fixed him up with his own Goodguys T-shirt.

[​IMG]

16. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

when is the asignment due??? ill see what i can do in the next couple a days to get some from here in indy for ya!!!!

17. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I just printed him out, and my 9 year old daughter is "helping" color his clothes. :D

I'll try and get some pictures of him with some of the storm damage here in Kentucky tomorrow. My hot rod aint exactly picture worthy at the moment :eek:

18. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

The assignment is due in a month. Most kids are sending it snail mail. the asiignment is to send Stanley to someone in the mail and they are to take pictures with Stanley and tell of his adventures. We decided to do it on the computer and send him lots of places.

Thanks for all your help folks!

19. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Stanley arrived in the UK yesterday, im not sure yet how many adventures we can send him on as were a bit snow bound at the moment.

He might just get to visit local places.

Pics to follow when available.

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Ok Ben, Flat Stanley arrived in Louisville Kentucky last night and he struck up a quick friendship with my Daughter Holly.

Holly spent a few minutes playing dress-up with stanley, so he's a little more colorfull than he was the last time you saw him.

Today, we took stanley outside to look at some of the damage from last weeks ice storm. Unfortunately it didn't go so well. Stanley walked out the front door and sliped on the ice! We have had some nice weather the past couple days and a lot of it has melted away, but there are still a few slick spots!!! Watch out!

Fortunately, stanley was unharmed. Infact, he never stoped smiling.

[​IMG]

After that little accident, Holly picked him up and held his hand for the rest of his great Kentucky adventure. We took him out front to show him how a big tree branch just barely missed our motor-home. What's kinda funny is that we were in Tuscon Arizona with this motor-home last August... I wonder if Stanley remembers us from when we were there?

[​IMG]

Finally, we took Stanley across the street to the big field to show him how the tops of the trees had been destroyed by the weight of the ice. At first, Stanley was a little sad, but once he saw how much cleaning up had been done, he started smiling again.

[​IMG]

Overall, I think Stanley had a good visit to Kentucky. I know he and Holly had fun playing together. We wanted him to stay for dinner, but he said he had to meet up with someone in the U.K. to have a look at some local sights, and a couple hot-rods.

21. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

im pretty sure stanley will be making an appearance at the Indy Road Rockets '62 Motorama next week ill make sure he gets lots of pictures and ill make sure he has lots of stories to tell toooo

22. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Stanley had a good nights sleep and then went out to see the coupe in the garage

[​IMG]

Were off to the shops to get him some clothes

more to come

23. Stanley will be also making an aperance at Big Al's poker run, next weekend in Perth, Western Australia

24. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Stanley enjoys helping in our garage in New Jersey. Here's Flat Stanley helping work on my sons Jr. Dragster and trying out the drivers seat and another checking out my 39 Willys.:cool:

Attached Files:

25. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I'm trying to talk flat stan into doing a ride along with me while I'm on patrol in the hood...

He seems a little squeemish...we'll see if he agrees to go along...(if my printer starts working)

26. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

this is great I think Ben will have the best Flat stanley adventures in his class.

Keep em coming guys!

27. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

You guys are very cool for hooking the little guy up. If my printer wasn't jacked, I would contribute.

28. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Flat Stanley had a big night last night. We had 40-50 cars show up for a little cruise night at a local burger joint. We then headed down to the world famous Continental Club to see some cool bands. Stanley was all over the place. Blake will post some more pics later, since he had the camera.

Here's one on the firewall of my '31 coupe. This is a pic of Stanley right before we left Dirty Martin's Burgers, which as been selling burgers to Austinites and UT students since 1926. He rode on there all the way down "The Drag", which is the street that goes right next to the University of Texas. He could see the Main Tower building, where a guy named Charles Whitman shot a bunch of people in the 60's. (Ya'll can look that up) He also went across the Congress Avenue bridge, which is famous for having the biggest colony of bats in any city living under it. They come out and fly around every night a people come from all over to stand on the bridge and watch 'em fly around. There's over 1.5 million of 'em that we sleeping by time we drove over the bridge. I bet the open exhaust woke up at least a few of 'em, though.

On the way home, Stanley got a great few of the Texas Capitol Building. That's where bills become laws in the Greatest State of the Union.

Be sure to tell your teacher that Stanley said to "Support Your Local YAY-HOOS!"

Hope you get an A+ !

Attached Files:

29. BLAKE

BLAKE

Stanley had a big night last night... with DW's coupe...

[​IMG]

...and on Nick's Trump...

[​IMG]

Sorry... hot rods or hot broads...?

[​IMG]