Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indy 500 Weekend Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ebert, Jan 29, 2009.

1. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Ebert you gotta know it isnt in your best interest to offer a free ride in front of would be bidders ,just bad business . c

2. Ebert

Ebert

Stagernwings,

I apologize if it appeared that way....Denise is one of my pals and has attended a race with our group of pals. Kind of an inside joke. Sorry!
    Eric

3. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Eric no apology needed here .but some might not get it thanks again .craig

4. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

For all who are potential out of town bidders....Remember that Friday night is the historical Dirt Champ Car (Silver Crown) race on the historical Indy Mile. If you make it here for the 500, do yourself a favor and make it to the Fairgrounds Friday night for the dirt car race.

There most likely will be a gathering of hot rods in one of the corners of the infield.

5. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

You got me there at the $700.00 bid. I'd love to have the tickets but that's to steep for a guy on a fixed income. My wife and I are going to the race but would have sure enjoyed that package. Good luck to the winner I'm sure it's worth every dime you'll pay!!

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Ebert will not disappoint either. Whomever wins will probably be in a daze from all the hospitality. He is good people. :D

7. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

yup i dont..

8. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Back to the auction...

How generous of you Ebert! Like someone mentioned above, one of the best HAMB auctions ever! For someone into Indy racing I don't think this can be beat! :D

9. Ebert

Ebert

Thanks for the kind note and for getting this back on track! Just happy to give back to this site...

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Ebert,
    You are a most AWESOME benefactor. That is a dream come true. i'm shure whoever wins this will have sensory overload and remember things a lifetime.

11. HydroClyde

HydroClyde

$800 bucks I gotta have this auction....

12. Rdono

Rdono

This is a great oppertunity, what about some hotel accomodations, transportation and we can really up the ante'.

13. Man! Great auction!

I agree with '29SedanMan' about the Silver Crown race on dirt in Indianapolis on Friday night before the '500'!!! It's a DEFINITE MUST SEE if you're going to the '500'.

I've already booked all my reservations (from Colorado) for the '500 weekend, so the auction stuff would be a little steep for me on top of that...but it's the 'deal of the century' for the winner!!

Good luck!

JG

14. Ebert

Ebert

Thanks, JG! We will do all we can do to make this an incredible experience for our winners!!!!
    Eric

15. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I check this post many times each day. If it's within my budget I won't pass it up.

16. HydroClyde

HydroClyde

Step up to the plate and make a bid. What are you going to do? Wait till the last min. and try to steal it?

17. Ebert

Ebert

Well, guys & gals, the winner is.....HydroClyde!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! We will make this a GREAT weekend for you and your guest!!!!! Mr. Hydro, please PM your info and let me know when/how you can make your dough happen to Ryan!

Thanks to EVERYONE who made a bid and supported this auction!!!!! You are ALL the BEST!!!!!!

Ebert

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thank YOU for making this one of the most successful auctions here on the HAMB in a very long time. It's going to be a very exciting weekend for HydroClyde and if he doesn't mind I'd like to doncument the weekend and post it here on the HAMB for all to enjoy.

Thanks to the BOTH of you, you're both HAMB heros!

19. Ebert

Ebert

Denise,
    With all due respect to my new friend HydroClyde, NO one has done as much in my book for the HAMB than YOU!!!! I do EXPECT you to join us for the activities....and Hydro and his guest will have a GREAT time!!!!! I may be a little busy (we will have three cars in the race assuming that we qualify all three), but NEVER too busy to show you and Hydro and your guests a REAL insider's view of the best damn race in the world. I really appreciate ALL of the HAMBERS and what BRILLIANCE you have and how much I continue to learn from you on every post! You guys and gals are the BEST!!! Thanks! Eric

20. BELLM

BELLM

This is awesome!! One of the best and most generous auctions I have ever seen!! If I didn't have a daughter's wedding to pay for this summer (a lot of you, including you Denise, know Amy & Keith, ) I would have been all over this!!
    Maybe next year?

21. Ebert

Ebert

BELLM,
    Thank you for the nice note....are you kidding...We all TOTALLY appreciate your commitment!!!!! You should enjoy your special day with Amy & Keith... as long as I am not broke next year, we will do it AGAIN!!!!! With Denise's help, we will document the experience for our new friend Clyde and his guest and what we hope will be an unforgetable experience. Thanks, again. Eric

22. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I'm savin for next year NOW!

23. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Congrats HydroClyde. Well done. Enjoy!

24. Ebert

Ebert

Just found out that Mike O'Gara (mogara on here and chief race engineer for Ganassi's Championship Grand Am team) has offered a tour of Chip Ganassi Racing Facilities on the Saturday before the race as a part of Harley Gene's tour of a few garages on Gasoline Alley with Cyde and his guest. Thanks, Mikey!

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Eric, I just read this auction for the first time, what a great offer to make, good luck in the 500. I've got a lot of paperwork on running a 122 MILLER for the 1925 season, often wondered if a current owner would like to know what the expences were back then. Year old MILLER finished 8th in '24 $6,500, refundable INDY entry fee $100. four 52MM Rudge-Whitworth 29x4 1/2 wire wheels $14.50 EACH. I bet they ran the 500 in 1925 for less money than your gift. Thanks again. Bob

26. Ebert

Ebert

Bob,
    Please let me know the rest!!! GREAT stuff!!!! I LOVE your avatar!!!!!

Best,
    Eric

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

I need to get it all sorted out, would make for a good Automobile Quarterly story. There is an itemized bill from the team manager to the owner for running the Altoonah, Pa. board track, from shipping the car to "fruit and lunch for pits" and a few parts, total was $123.00. :rolleyes: Goal it to thave that avitar spring to life this October, a restoration that has taken far too long.........but I did put two kids through college.

28. dynamic88

dynamic88
    from Chicago

I just saw this auction for the first time. Very cool E!

The winner will be BLOWN AWAY by this experience with E as your host. I got jealous reading it. Glad I'll already be there for work. I might just crash the party. ;-)

29. Ebert

Ebert

Jr,
    please do!
    E

30. HydroClyde

HydroClyde

I apoligize for the silence. I was on the road most of Weds. and have been playing catch-up since...I did get to talk to Eric after the auction Tuesday...What a great guy!....I can't tell you how excited I am.

Denise,
    We would be happy to have you document the weekend.

My hope is that I can bring my wife Mary, she has M.S. and is chronic progressive. It will be a challange, so we'll see.

......I have company now, just can't seem to finish this post, more later.

Thank you all!