Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 chevy aftermarket radiator help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dannyego

dannyego

Sooo My stock radiator is completely shot. Its gonna cost me more to fix it than replace it. Oem sized 56 chevy radiators are selling for about $450 which is more than I want to spend. I have already dumped more money into this "driver" than I initially planned on. I was looking at Be Cool radiators and the generic speedway ones that run about $150. I used a be cool one in a 50 dodge I had and it worked great. I was just wondering if any of you guys have used them and what size I should get. I really cant go off the original radiator measurements due to the fact they are different styles and the universal ones are either an inch and a half smaller or bigger. Any reccomendations or tips?

2. Special Ed

Special Ed

U.S.Radiator. Ask for Alex.

3. reichart90

reichart90

check ebay under "55 chevy aluminum radiator" ... you can usually get them for under $250. i got one from seller named "dissrad" . great piece. i've had it for 3 years. no problems. runs super cool in front of the 383 stroker.
    -tim

4. dannyego

dannyego

I found this on Ebay Item number: 220353231809 what do you think? Bad Idea?

5. dannyego

dannyego

bttt for the evening crew! cmon tri-five guys pics of what you used