Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Milwaukee W O W & Pinstripe Legends Feb 13-15

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mobile chicane, Jan 30, 2009.

1. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

Who is going and who is showing?

Yeah, it is Valentines Day weekend but one of the vendors is supposed to have a drawing for a ring for your sweety or something like that.

It is uncle Joe Konkle's 35th and last year as promoter, he is retiring. I wonder who will be in charge in 2010...

I heard Ray and the gang have some cool stuff coming for the Pinstripe Legends auctions and a whole bunch of cool pinstripers slinging paint all weekend. All proceeds are going to Children's Hospital of Milwaukee

2. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

3. A bunch of us Chicago "1Shot" slingers will be converging there. Ought to be a great time!

Joel

4. That show poster is great!! Is that your former address on there from St. Francis? I grew up a block from there.

mike

5. JKerb

JKerb

I'll be there 'stripin on friday and sunday. Not saturday thou, gotta hang out with the 'ol lady!

6. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Regarding the Pin stripers,My brother (CheaterRome) will be doing his usual Pin Up Girl/Bomber Art & maybe some crazy stuff on some old school skateboard decks.
    Joes gonna turn in his wings, but not until he passes down the forbidden art of indoor car show management to The Cheaters Car Club of Milwaukee.
    So in 2010 at least our club is going to run it, maybe into the ground, maybe into glory, time will tell.
    Our club was approched about a year ago by Bob Laravee & Joe, so we thought we'd give it a shot.
    Believe it brothers!
    Love CheaterCarl

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

8. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Ask Mike's parents, I grew up at his house as well.... Wasn't Bottsford where Brian lived??:? and Crazy Larry????

9. studematt

studematt

Wow is always a good time to catch up with the dudes you havn't seen since summer. I have been going since I was like five. Saturday night is always a good time to go and see all the hot chicks walking around and dudes IF your into that.

10. luckystrike

luckystrike

ill be there with paul quinn friday saturday and early sunday.....hope to meet some of you guys there

11. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

WOW!
    I grew up a block from Mike on Armour Ave. in St. Francis!
    Wow, small world

12. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Cheaters Gang
    Two things. I hope this doesn't mean your giving up the Cheaterama
    and does this mean free PBR at WOW?

13. Heard this from Harry Willett last Saturday.....GREAT NEWS!!!

Hey, Jeremy!! Met Paul there last year, hope to meet you there this year. I'll be trying to stripe on Saturday and Sunday.

14. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Give up Cheaterama???

NEVER!

Not even for 5 dollars.

Free pbr at the WOW though? err ummm??? uhhh----- NO. Sorry at least the Cheaterama is good for that and the random Tito sighting.

Rome

15. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Cheaterama will live on & stay strong, thank you for your support brothers.

Free Pabst at wow, maybe heroin & clean needles to the 1st 100 kids under 18! It's a lifestyle right!

Enough already on who used to live by Mike B's & the Reopke boys houses when they were growing up! 2 words...Buddy Squirrel!
    Ride Free little BMXers!

Love CHeatercarl

16. No, Bob, not yet, I just got taller than you!!! :)
    Mike:

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I heard thru the grapevine that Alan Johnson was going to be the honoree this year. I think that's GREAT and well deserved.

18. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Attached Files:

19. I lived on Van Norman from 1979 to 1994. I walked by that house (maybe not yours at the time) everyday to get to the path to W.G. My Dad owned a shop on allerton and kk for 20+ years. I spent a lot of time in that area with CheaterJack and his brother CheaterChris as we had good friends that lived on bottsford. Nice pics. If only I were around when you were there. :)

Mike

20. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

The list of great pin strippers in attendence is long & distinguished, just like Alans Johnson!
    HELLO!
    Alan Johnson is a very cool cat, he gave my brother his 1st pinstipping brushes & has always been super helpful & willing to share tips & tricks of his craft.
    I 2nd the well deserved honor.

CheaterChris's "Staff Kar" Sedan is the featured car on the pinstipe legends sign, Big Daddy Del Swanson inked that machine up real bad ass like. It even features a picture of Chris & a lady who looks alot like my mom.
    Dang 2 years runnin now that Cheaters cars were featured on that sign, oh to be blessed.
    CheaterCarl

21. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Oh yeah, as a side note, on the Saturday evening of the Milwaukee WOW, Which would be Valentines Day the 14th, the HAMBS very own Bob Merkt Jr, aka Bob Bleed & his rock & roll band for those who are not aware, their name is BLEED - will be playing a show at Lu Lus Cafe/Resturant in BayView (the corner of KK Ave & Lincoln Ave), so if you are in town & wanna see cars & then enjoy some rockin beats BOOOM, theres an option.
    It's like the ANTI Valentine Day event, you have to come to the show alone, but who you leave with is YOUR business.
    Not a bad weekend in Milwaukee for the middle of shitty winter.
    Hope to see some of you.
    Love,
    CheaterCarl

22. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Thats cool Cheater Nation running next years show.
    I know you guys can make it work.
    Just dont know if I'd trust you guys running a day care center though . :eek: HaHa GoodLuck Bros.

23. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

Wow the last time he played in Milwaukee was in November of 2007, right before he moved away to the land of kool kustoms and continental greatness....Here is the poster I made for BoB and his band mates,,,,thanx to matt of Knuckle dragger,,,the limited edition prints turned out great!

WOW! who needs a woman's love when you have the love love of Cheater carl's hot rods and the passion of Bobbleed's music.....

Attached Files:

24. CaseyK

CaseyK

Carl promoting Cafe LuLu? You're dreamy! Maybe my HR lady from "Willieland" will come?

25. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Eazy Nick, you sound like a stalker. Also I think BLEED played a show at Turner Hall sometime since he left, do don't go wetting your pants over this. Or at least hold it till you see him.
    Casey, why you clownin dawg! For real playboy, THat chic used to be super rad in the old days, real cool, ah I'm sure she hates me now & thats' just how it's supposed to be.
    Next thing you know warm weather & then the bombs come out dad!
    Jeffery, I'm just learnin to ride waves & not make them, dig it. So lets not get carried away. Local Music, hot rods, good vibrations, ride free bro.
    Love Carl of The Cheaters

26. I love Carl....he's the coolest Kat!

27. inkundone

inkundone

CheaterCarl is dreamy!

BTW whos all going this weekend?

28. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

Rumor has there is going to be a killer 52 chevy there & it's is not mine,,,,,I talked with "rocky" and he is going unveil his EXTREME custom chebby sled........I'm super excited to see it & you should be too......see you all on saturday!

29. Jaker

Jaker

that's done!?

fucking rad- I can't wait