Register now to get rid of these ads!

Late to the prom

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Carl La Fong, Feb 2, 2009.

1. I've been lurking for a while and posting for a few weeks, so this is a bit tardy.
    Older than most, younger than some, Gearhead since Jr. High. Always leaned towards bikes, but love anything that makes noise. Had a boatload of oldies, but nothing of note at this time that is worthy. Just my Boss Hoss 350/385 hp scoot. Keeps me young.

I'll entitle this "Shit That I Hate" If you hate it as well, cool. If not, it's OK. You have a God given right to be wrong.

1. "Old School" God, I hate it. Don't even ask about "Skool".

2. When wheels became "rims" or (gag), Rimz. Had a kid tell me about his old man's MG with wire rims. I axed (hate that too) him what the spokes were made of. You know how a dog will sometimes cock his head to one side and look at you, sorta like "huh?" Got that look. BTW, when he tipped his head, it made a sound like a rain stick.

3. Back in the day. What day??? Friday? August 3rd???? Your birthday???

4. Saying "seen" instead of "saw"

5. Saying "me and so and so went to the....."

6. Old pricks that sit in a lawn chair, wearing a "Goodguys" leather sleeved jacket that they paid too much for, in front of their 100K trailer queen, potificating, along with their group of rich buddies and obsequious syncophants. Die, rich bastard.

7.Dwaine at Boyds.

8.The Teutles

9.People who are FOS and will not listen to the voice of reason.
    a. The guy that insists that his poly head Mopar is a hemi.
    b. The guy, that I went to boot camp with, that had a Model A 3 window coupe and was in the L.A. Roadsters
    c. The guy, who's Boss Hoss I was interested I buying, that insisted it had "Hemi cut heads" I asked and he said, " We got an ol' boy down here that does them all the time." He can convert a SBC head to a full hemi. Why does every BS story seem to start with, "we got an ol' boy" or "Mah deddy tole me"
    d. The guy at work that told me that back in the 30s Cad built cars with inline 32 cylinder engines. Didn't matter what I said, 'cause he "seen" one.

10.Fart cannon exhausts, big stupid spoilers, floppy-assed body kits and the little snots that want to race me.

11.Hummers, Escalades, Excursions, frikken' Tupperware Avalanches, giant wheels with short tires, too many monitors (that would be more than zero) thumpin' bass and all the other ghetto bling(hate "bling")

12.Bitter old pricks that post long winded diatribes about the stuff that pisses them off.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. ktscustom

ktscustom

HELL YES! thats great! :D

3. Hope you fit in here.:(

You really need to be more assertive, take a stand, man!:rolleyes:

Welcome, Carl, I'm already lookin' forward to your posts!:D

I know, you hate posts where every sentence ends with a smiley!

4. Well, welcome from North Texas! I have to say that we think alike. And on # 10, every kid thinks since my car has a big block it was made to drag race. They don't understand when I tell them, yeah, it has over 300hp, but I haven't driven it over 70mph! I don't need the speed, had enough of that when I was younger.

5. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Yes, I agree with you. Think about this,...The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.
    I usually ignore "them", there's not enough time left to waste any of it paying attention to "them".
    Good Luck.

Lucky667