Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 22 Roadster PU Makeover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Suave's Buick, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Gigantor

Gigantor

Wow - this build is fantastic and that green is amazing. Now, if it's not to late, let me put my two cents in and say that Django's take on the air cleaner is dead-on. Whatever style or scallops you choose or not, take into consideration the effect of too much green. It kind of just gets messy visually and takes a lot away from the overall engine compartment. Less is more. Django nailed it.
    Alright, backing off now, that's an amazing transformation and an amazing bunch of friends too.

2. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Good sat guys!!! We are now down to a single wed evening and a saturday to have it ALL done and driving. So far everything has happened right up to the wire so i think it still will.
    Today Lindross got the wiring harness almost done and is ready to stuff up thru the body and hook it up.
    I got the grant flamethrower installed and may even have it timed to start ???? Made up the red (speedway motors) plug wires and mounted the carb to the engine. Transmission kickdown was also mounted and pcv hose was installed . New shrink radiator hose clamps were also put on the engine ( i will upload a pic later in the week) Gates makes these and they are killer for a clean look on a hot rod. Just put them on the radiator hose and hit them with a heat gun. Bang they are tight and get tighter everytime the engine warms up. Look for the wed night post to see her in final trim.
    The debate over which air cleaner is still going on and beats the hell out of me what is going to win.....?????

[​IMG]

Headers are installed as well as the radiator....

[​IMG]

Had to grin :) in regards to the comment about correct ackerman. This is the fourth car we have owned and or built with a front steer speedway motors front axle and they ALL drive and ride really well. Agreed the tight turns are different than the rear steer but many , many cars over the year have used front steer etc.
    Tons of guys look at these cars and state the car cant work like this , thats ok but dont tell the car that ....:eek::D
    This car was orginally built in 1973 and been rebuilt more than once thru the years.......oh well...

[​IMG]

Carbon guy took the stainles tank home and polished it , great job....

3. Holy Cow,,,you guys are doing great :) :) :)

I'm bumed... I have to keep missing all this..:(
    But of course, I'll take credit for most of the hard work.... :D

Good Work guys...All I can say is great bunch of guys and girls kickin' it hard, with a great motivator.. (Ya YOU Bubba)

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you guys suck!! why wont you adopted me????my wife will NOT care...trust me!!! :)
    love it!!!

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

tits ! thats all i got to say , this thing is looking great ! might have to steal that color for an upcoming project !

6. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry I missed out today. Car looks awesome.

7. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Love that color !

8. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

That old rusty tub never dreamed life would be this good!

9. Bull

Bull

I think I may be in the minority here, but I'm not digging the air cleaner at all. I think a simple chrome scoop like was suggested would work great. I really like the rest of the makeover though.

10. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Like this one ??:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What about this?

Attached Files:

12. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Color changes - what do you think:?

Attached Files:

13. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow! Really coming along! Looks great! I like the smaller scoop air cleaner above the best. My .02

14. Just seeing it sit on the motor without the green body around it, I'm liking the flat black, with an orange scallop and either a silver or green outline.

15. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

yEH what he said...............:cool::eek::D

16. With all the make over on this why a stock intake and quadrajet ?

17. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

I've had it on the car since day one. It works, its reliable, and I spent way too much money on other things. It will be swapped out in the near future once I find exactly what I'm looking for.

18. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Good eye...
    I know it's backwards... it was intensional! The car drives like a dream, steers like a dream. And we have several cars in our fleet built the same way with no problems.

19. Gassed up and ready to rip! This is what happens when we run out of High Life. :eek::D

[​IMG]

20. peav34

peav34
    from webb city

looks good, love the color, and the smaller scoop, my .02 Jeff

21. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Have GMC BUBBA show ya a off line post I sent him when he ask about why,it should help some.
    Great good looking built:cool: it just keeps getting better.

22. fair enough

23. smaller scoop is cool too...either go with the body color or gloss black with subtle stripes...it's lookin' good

24. Great post and great build, keep it coming!!!!

25. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Saw George the upolstery guy this afternoon, and the interior won't be ready until tomorrow late morning. He is doing a great job! here is a quick peak of the progress...

Attached Files:

26. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

That looks awesome Mike

27. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

damn, you guys are kicking ass and taking names , that thing is really moving along and looking great !

28. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interior looks great. Can't wait to see it tomorrow

29. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Weather sucks, but all is well with the world........:D:cool::eek::)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got a peak preview of the wooden bed insert today, holy shit this thing has "Chris Craft" all over it .....needs a brass steering wheel now for sure....

30. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Another cold snowy day in Indy today. Got the body back from the the upolstery guy today. it now sits anxiously waiting to be bolted back on.
    You know your in good company when people are willing to travel in crapy conditions to see your project threw. The postmans creed doen't hold a candle to the Wednesday Night Crew.

Attached Files: