Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest how many iowa hambers on here ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jan 31, 2009.

1. FatFndr

FatFndr

Grew up in Ottumwa, now in Ohio cause I like to work and get paid. Make occasional trips back and hit the Jaarsma Bakery in Osklaoosa or Pella and the Canteen in Ottumwa for those unforgettable hamburgers.

2. bucs012

bucs012
    from Iowa

3. HEY DES MOINES GUYS!!! Do you guys know an old man with a wooden leg that drives a Black 41 cad coupe? That's my grandpa... :) He's usually at every cruise night during the summer...

4. hemiblwn

hemiblwn
    from Oklahoma

Good old Sioux City Iowa !! Currently making a living in Oklahoma !

Go home a few times a year. I will move back someday !!

Raced in the late 70s weekly at Marion SD . Those were the days !!

5. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Southwest Iowa here,just outside Omaha area, Garden spot of Mid -America.A lot of rods around here but not any H.A.M.B.ers

6. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Mason City here. I saw more liquid water over the weekend than I saw all last summer. Well maybe not qute that much but after 15 years living in Missouri the winters at this latitude suck. I looked at my old address Sat and it was 70 degrees. I cried.

7. Yeah that's me. I lurk, but you probably know the rest of my family. What do you drive?

8. drtdevil

drtdevil

Johnston here

9. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

Im in MO but can be in Iowa in a matter of minutes.

10. MLK

MLK

I'll speak up, since there are a lot of USTA LIVE THERE'S.

Born and raised in Council Bluffs.

Raised a lot of hell in SW Iowa.

That's why I like Rogers books.

A lot of the things he talks about and the places he describes sounds like stuff I was involved in and the places I knew and haunted.

Still like to take little trips to some of those spots.

Live across the river now, but my office is in Council Bluffs.

Mike

11. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

haha , you could be right , alot of old rodders around here ! i know quite a few old timers with projects in the works right now ! if only i could get them up on technology so i could get them on here posting some pics !

12. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

usually meet you in my work van , but in the summer my rpu in the avatar , or you have probbably seen me running around in one of my off topic mustang fastbacks , the 66 red gt , or the bullit green 67 pro touring , think i have met your dad and one of your brothers , pretty sure i have been out to the house to work on the furnace ! looks like you'll be building quite the rod judging by the parts you had posted awhile back , congrats man !

13. carmak

carmak

Riverside here (just south of Iowa City).

Still cleaning up after the Iowa River's visit this last June. Got my cars out of the way but the house was another story.

Carmak
    1957 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

14. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

South side of des moines here used to live in pleasantville for awhile.

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You mean Don Hays ?
    That old Caddy doesnt make a sound even when its running !

I see your - is it (?) Uncle Chris at all the swap meets all the time.

Cob
    Classifieds Moderator

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  16. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Grew up in Fairfield (SE Iowa). Got out as soon as I could. Lived in D.M. for a while(64-67). Stopped in Calif, back to K.C. and now in Beautiful Tulsa, Okla. Great place to live. Short winters. My deuce sedan is FINIALLY in the upholsters shop, should be out in about a week. Ready for Starbird.
    My mom still lives in Mt. Pleasant and my little brother lives in Salem.
    Iowa a nice place to be from. Nice summers but the winters SUCK!!!!!!

17. slammed

slammed

Ana-fukin'-mosa 'ere. You know where it is. Todd, you still rock this HAMB. I been drivin' the Bubble Top when the road's clear. It's been down right nice lately weather wise. Improvise some gathering this Spring/Summer, while we are still free.

18. luketrash

luketrash

I'm still around. My car still runs. It's still just plain jane stock and probably always will be since I like driving it that way.

I get sidetracked with other junk constantly, like my Austin Healey Sprite that seems to beg for attention more than my Ford ever has. I try to get out and drive whenever I can.

19. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

bttt ! seems like quite a few new ones popped up or missed this !

20. WhtMule

WhtMule

Like Luketrash I to am from Ames. And if I can say that breeder guy, yeah he might be from Missouri but he does put on one hell of a car show. Breeder we'll see you at the Revival.

21. FarmFresh

FarmFresh
    from Ames, Iowa

I am also from Ames, (If Marshalltown is the Hotrodding capital of Iowa then Ames is the dipshit, ricer, big rim, drunk fratboy capital of Iowa). Hope to meet some more of you guys throughout the summer. 45 days til the Rust Revival, see ya there.

22. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Hello from Tama/Toledo, The other Twin Cities.

23. Hal_396

Hal_396

Hey fellow Iowa, (Idiots Out Wandering Around), car guys. FNG here from Center Point. (N. of Cedar Rapids), but I've attended GoodGuys and Cruise thru the Woods last year. Also was at the Monticello show in Feb.. An Iowa get together sounds like a great idea

24. 32fenderless

32fenderless

another Des Moines resident here. On the south side of town with a very unHAMB friendly candy green '32 5 window.

Jason

BTW- Dan Hay-Your grandad's cad is the coolest-I see your uncle Chris about once a week.

25. 18n57

18n57

Born in Ames, lived thereabouts til 1980, now in Brookings, SD

26. Lil John

Lil John

Me me I'm from Iowa.....cedar rapids way. Always make the trip to DM in July

27. Hey Dirtbag, did you know Larry Gibson from Marshalltown?... he was a cool guy and a good friend of mine; he had ended up buying one of my old Chevy trucks that I had built from a friend of mine before he passed on. I think everyone in Iowa knew him.
    BTW,...there's almost always a HAMB meet & greet at Goodguys Des Moines.
    ...don't know if I'll make it this year tho.

28. Hello from Algona Iowa. Working on a 31 Chevy 3 window chopped and channeled. It's almost warm enough to work with the garage doors open this week. Later

29. PoPo

PoPo

nice to see we have some more Iowans here now!!

30. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oops I thought I already got on this but I'm here now. Checking in from the greater Maquoketa suburb of Iron Hill. Still need to finish my 37 but came across some Model A parts and the rest of the cab for my 31 Chevy and got sidetracked again.