Register now to get rid of these ads!

Football vs Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy junkie, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheelman77

wheelman77

I find it odd that people cannot enjoy both. I never played a sport in high school or college. I spent most of my days breaking cars and learning how to fix them - to each their own.

Why is it on this board that if someone likes something other than cars (or does not only like cars) they are instantly "gay"? And what is up with calling everyone gay? Do you all hate gays and jocks? Can I no longer work on cars if I have jock friends and gay friends?

2. zorch

zorch

To paraphrase a once-popular song,

football to the left of me
    computer's on the right
    here I am
    stuck in the middle with a cheeseburger

It is a good superbowl, I thought the Steelers were just going to bulldoze the cards, but not so much. Arizona's still spitting and clawing. Don't think they have a chance in hell, but I have been hideously wrong before. About a lot of things...:cool:

3. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Thats a Funny one !!!

While all the Jocks at My school were out at Foot Ball Parctice & Busy being AssHole jockstraps.....

Me & my Car Guy Buddys were Screwing There Hot Girlfriends when they werent looking !

All them Jock Straps are now Fat, Bald, Divorced & Drunk !!!!

I have NEVER seen a Stupid Bowl .... And NEVER will !

4. Racrdad

Racrdad

Wife is watching the game. I was out in my shop working on my car. Came in for food and time with the kids. The game is ok, I watched about 5 minutes, always just been a car guy though. Sports actually bore me....... Cars Rule!

5. My49Plymouth

My49Plymouth

Go Cards - root for the underdog ... when people say WE when referring to pro sports teams it drives me crazy

6. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Football sucks, I like old flatheads, hockey and the H.A.M.B. Flatheads because our country was built on them, hockey because it takes skill to play it, H.A.M.B because 85% percent of the people are real and the other 15% should probably be committed. Please don't ask my opinion on tri-fives and corvettes? I guarantee you won't like the reply.

7. TimDavis

TimDavis

Well said - typical fear of the unknown and dissimilar, a widespread American epidemic.... I dad played football and drove a chopped '31 Coupe high with an Olds to Highschool....in 1958...I played sports in Highschool and always had a slick '70 Nova...in 1996....

8. football sucks, drove my 36 ford pickup it was more fun

9. I had the most part of the weekend with one of my two sons and had to ask him who was playing. I drove back home, unpaused the 300 disc CD changer set on random again, and went back to work on the beer and 29 Tudor. I couldn't tell the name of any of the players, don't care. Sammy Hagar, Buddy Guy, Marshall Tucker Band, Metallica, Little Rock's Amy Garland are all sounding fine and many more.
    I bore my beer drinkin' friends with my car talk. I don't give a Sam Hill about basketball, football, etc. Toast to cars and beers!

10. Nah...don,t like football. On the other hand I watched the St Pierre vs Penn fight at the bar last night! The place was rockin!

11. MercManMario

MercManMario

Screw the Superbowl. I am actually an avid hockey fan (Boston Bruins). Now they had a 2 pm game yesterday and a 2pm game today. I DVR'd both games, worked in the garage all day both days, and watched the games in bed each night. My point is, I like things other than cars, but cars come #1 to me. I think you are wasting the weekend watching games, sitting on your ass all day, when you could be working on the rod!

12. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I spent today running some fresh wires, took a pup to her new home, ate dinner, back to the shop. Now it's time to get ready for sleep. I do like college football, in moderation.

13. I played sports in high school, but quit to support my hot rod habit. The jocks were far less popular than us "gearheads" with cool cars. Every girl I dated was impressed to ride in a cool car rather than a cheap 4 door that every jock seemed to drive. AND they all liked the loud duals on healthy v8's that we had. I am still having fun with my hot rods @ 52 years of age, I doubt too many of my old jock friends can say the same about the sport they acceled in.;)

14. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Just got back from the shop and seen the post ............Football? whats this footall? time for supper and a little Green Acres on DVD.............

15. screwball

screwball

I saw about 10 seconds of the game an interception and 100 yard return to touch down. I figured I saw the best play of the game then turned it over.

16. I grew up with a dad that is a pro referee, all my life it was football, football, football, can't stand watching it on tv. I use to ask my dad to take me to the drags but he'd say something stupid like "you don't like football, what's wrong with you boy?, Footballs a mans game". I hate it with a passion now, don't watch it or much tv at all, rather work on my coupe.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  17. TimDavis

TimDavis

Actually, 88% of top level executives in
    the Fortune 500 played some high school or college sport. It has long been proven that those that compete in competitive sports in adolescence are more successful in life/career than those who do not.

And for girls, High school girls who play sports are 132% less likely to be involved in an unwanted pregnancy; more likely to get better grades in school and more likely to graduate than girls who do not play sports. Girls who play sports are 77% less likely to smoke under the age of 18. As little as four hours of exercise a week may reduce a teenage girl's risk of breast cancer by up to 60% (Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 1994)

18. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

The game just got better!

For the record, I only started watching football in the last few years, as my wife is a big
    U of M fan. I spent my younger years racing BMX, then go-karts.

19. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

dont know the first thing about foot ball But I cant go a day without Hamb

20. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

the only sport I like is drag racing and only if I`m still in
    if I wanted to watch a bunch of guy`s run Id watch cops

21. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Football sucks and professional football sucks even more than that. The only good thing about the Super Bowl is that is like a mini vacation when everyone else is glued to the TV watching.

22. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

All my freinds are watching the game. im sitting here n the HAMB about two feet away from the screen. football sucks

23. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

I went w/ my ex to visit some of her old high school friends in OKC years ago,when we got there I walked into a room full of strangers watching college basketball game..."Georgia Tech's got a pretty strong basketball team this year" one of them said to me,"Yeah" I said...."What conference are they in"?...Well,you might as well had asked me what the square root of 52235 is,I had no clue...They all busted my balls the rest of the weekend
    Fast forward 9mths later when they came to our house for the weekend.Me and some of my buddies were hanging out in the garage and Gene[the guy who'd busted my balls before]was walking around my chopped channelled 32 5w coupe,stock sbc,I had about 12k in it-he had no idea what he was looking at.While pulling up the edges of his pants like barney fife he says"So how many horsepowers this baby pushing out"?I anwsered "around a thousand or so,if I tune it up right about 1200hp"Yeah?"Well how much is someting like this worth"?I said"about 50-60K"and he went back in,my buddies busted out laughing,they couldnt believe he believed me.I had to tell him the truth later and we laughed about it,but I must admit while it lasted revenge was sweet :D

24. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Totally agree with the above statements.

And, I hate football. I would rather polish the fenders all day. Then when I'm done, do it again.

25. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Amen bro, I ain't got time for football or any of that television crap! I may watch about an hour of television per week, if I'm lucky, the rest of the time I'm either at work or in the Speed Barn (garage) working on one of my projects!

26. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I don't really watch TV at all. Not really into any main stream sports either. If you're into Football that's fine with me, just don't jump on me about not being into it. Got up at 4:00 am today, went to the swap meet, bought and sold a bunch of car misc. Got home photographed everything we didn't sell for Eb#y. Now I'm on the HAMB. I prefer cars, women, and Rock N Roll to most sports. (See signature.:D)

27. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

Funny...So what does that 1st paragraph say about your "HAMB friends"? :D

28. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

I don't watch much football either, but Steelers have been my team since I was small. Super Bowl 43, and I'll be 43 this year........GO STEELERS ! ! ! ! This will have to be my last Super Bowl game watch, my heart can't stand much more.......Damn glad they won

29. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

funniest response yet....

30. F&J

F&J

Why do some of you think it's ghay? just cause they wear all that gear to make them looks so big? sorta like girls with falsies. and the "tight ends and offensive ends" patting each others asses at every chance?

A couple of weeks to go before non digital TVs like mine go silent. Yea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.