Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 ford 2 ton truck whats it worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stagernwings, Jan 29, 2009.

1. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

I have a chance to buy a 53 ford truck 2 ton , it runs with a good body and a fresh rebuild on the flat head whats a reasonable offer without insulting the owner thanks in advance .c

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

gotta see a pic to get an idea.

3. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

sorry no pics yet .I looked at the truck last summer .I can say its rust free and runs also good seat springs . picture a truck that runs with surface rust and original paint and nothing more than some small dings and solid floors .c

4. Check the engine. A 2 Ton should have the Lincoln "Big Block" flatty in it. Not too desirable

5. mad-cad

mad-cad

If the cab is straight and rust free with just a few small dings,and its a driver and the brakes work,I would probably offer between $900-$1500,depending on stuff like the condition of the tires,a set of those 8.25X20 tires with new tubes will cost you $1200 ,guages and lights work?
    Just some food for thought:D

Tim

6. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

any quick points to look at for engine id .c

7. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Tim i will check lights and tires details this weekend and pass your interest on .craig

8. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

A '53 2 Ton is an F-600. It has a 239 Flathead. The big Lincoln Flathead was last used in 1951 and then only in 2 1/2 Ton (F-7) and 3 Ton F-8. The '53 F-700s and F-800s had the 317 O.H.V. engine.

9. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Thats right ,also i drove this truck tonight . the heads read e - 42 with 24 bolts this truck runs great the seller wants 5k is that a good price. no rust but some tire rot .c

10. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Only if you REALLY want a big truck !! Nothing there is usuable as hot rod material except cab and engine. Spent 15 years collecting BIG trucks and to me that is a medium one ,but 3K would be a better deal. But again only if you have a use for it as is or always just wanted a bigger toy.

11. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I bought my Rusty '55 F-350 Dually about 4 years ago with NEW 17" rear tires, Running Driving but no bed for $1000.00

Got a free bed installed it myself, 2 years later i swapped in a FREE newly rebuilt 223 6 cyl

This truck can Haul a house if ya can get it up there, Hauls LOTSA Hot Rod parts all over So.Cal to swap meets & Dragging Junk home.

Best $$$ spent on a Truck !!

Not real Fast, but it carries more than new trucks & i have NO CAR PAYMENTS !

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that 3k would be getting towards the stiff side of pricing on that truck. Maybe if it had a full set of new tires and tubes, decent paint and good interior it would be worth more. As it is it is probably worth more for what you can do with it (haul big things) than what it is.

13. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Thanks thats a number that could fly ,again thanks for the insight .c