Register now to get rid of these ads!

Skinny Chrome Reverse Wheels - Who's Running Them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Glass_Packs, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Right now I have a pair of E-T Rebels wheels to use in the front of my '62 Fairlane (15x6.5" wheels with P225/70R15 tires). The E-T Rebels need some repair around the unilug area (aluminum) and I'm a little heasitant to get them fixed. Today at work I was daydreaming (as I always do!) about the chrome reverse wheels on Milner's '32 Ford in American Graffiti and how they would look on my Fairlane (in the front with the black steel wheels in the rear). On the Stockton site they have 14"x5" Milner Specials that caught my eye. Anyone have some pictures of skinny chrome reverse wheels or any info they can chime in?

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Please do a search here on Stockton Wheels. It is not good what you will find out.

3. 15" x 5" from Wheelkid at Rally America up front
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Those are very nice. Wheelkid and his Dad Gary enjoy the best reputation on this board. They are Alliance Vendors. www.rallyamerica.com

5. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

15 by 5 from Wheel vintiques, but the lugs and caps are from Wheelkid.

6. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Thanks for the heads up on Stockton Wheels and Rally America. Once my Alliance membership goes through I know where I'll order from. Keep the pictures coming!

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have run two sets of 15x5 (what ever the skinniest you can get), one on my old 29 and currently on my 57 my first set came from Stockton and most recently from Wheelkid (highly recommend them)

[​IMG]

8. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I never get tired of saying it...WHEEL KID all the way.

9. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Actually these are what they call O.E. style chrome wheels, not reversed like the Milners, running 15x5 and 15x7's

Attached Files:

10. I'm running 15x5's on the front of my 55...
    [​IMG]
    and my 40...........
    [​IMG]

11. these are my favorite wheels hopefully i can run em on my car!

12. S.F.

S.F.

Mine are from the early 60's that I found. but you can get chrome reverse steelies from Summet believe it or not.

Attached Files:

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

14. 55driver

55driver

Wheel Vintiques 15x5's with 205/75's on my big block 55.
    Summit sells 'em cheaper. c.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  15. As you can see I like chrome OE style rims ! The 55 has 15x5 fronts and 15x6 reverse rears .The 33 has 15x5 fronts 15x8 rears. The 52 custom has 15x5 fronts 15x8 reverse rears. These were all from wheel vintiques

Attached Files:

16. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

i want some on my 59 holden, but, to get wheels that fit my odd stud pattern and 1967 HR holden brakes i can only split the wheels and find new suitable outers and have the lot chromed, welded and trued wich is going to cost about $1500 Australian dollars plus tyres.
    i am thinking of changing the brakes and rear stud pattern to get some wheels already chromed that fit.

17. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

good info, I heart CRW............

18. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

One of my favorite wheels

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Johnny hotrod, you have some outstanding rides.

I am running the 15x5 and 15x6 reverse combo on my 57...

20. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

21. There is a difference between reverse offset and true reversed outers, Rally America makes 'em both ways and with both kinds of outers (modern disk brake style and tapered) I have the modern non-reversed in front (15 x 5), and the reversed, tapered to the front style in the rear (15 x 6). From what I can see Johnny HotRod BC has the disk brake style outers reversed on the rear of his gorgeous '52.

22. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

wheelkid has all the choices, support a hamber

23. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

500 x 15 BFs on 5 x 15 Wheel Vintiques (tire height is only 24.4"):

[​IMG]

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

24. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

WOW! Great post so far! Can anyone show me what the difference between a skinny O.E. chrome wheel and a reversed chrome wheel? Just reading the post about Rally America and Wheelkid finalizes my decision on who to get my wheels from.

Nice Wheels Guys!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

PLUS... I'm not longer a newb! I finally hit 100 posts, but better yet - I'm now an Alliance member!

25. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

26. Chrome reverse ! I know chrome, without the baby moons, is that close enough? A few years back I bought a 60 impala for $100. after the sale the guy told me he would of let me have the car for free if he could of kept the wheels! Either way those wheels and the rest of the rusty 60 chevys drivetrain went into my 59 biscayne. Normaly I like WIDE whites but I like the thin whitewalls on this car. As far as my other cars, I've just been painting the stock wheels.and adding nice chrome lugs and dustcovers. The gangster whites make up for the lack of chrome. The chevy wears old tires, the Caddy's are spray on flat white. Last time I checked if you wanted to buy chrome reverse wheels you could buy the chrome smoothies w/ caps (american racing) at sears....

Attached Files:

27. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

no kidding, hey, lets swap 55's Johnny, your ready for a new project anyways right!?

28. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

I was just looking on the BF Goodrich site for tire sizes and didn't really see anything for Radial T/A's in 14". I checked out the Traction T/A's and the only size that I thought would work is P185/70R14 tires. What size tires are you guys running on your 14" and 15" wheels?

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

29. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

195 65-15 witht 15 by 5 front
    235 70-15 with 15 by 7 back

and the are chrome oe wheels not reversed.

30. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Well I got some bad news. Rally America is no longer able to ship to Canada, but I am looking into having the wheels shipped close to the Fort Erie/Buffalo border or the Queenston/Lewiston border. Whoever has more pictures or more info on the tire sizes, please post it up!

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009