Register now to get rid of these ads!

If you were to buy a newer vehicle, what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Whlie a Mopar fan, the new 'Charger' is too freaking butthole UGLY, has a FAKE Hemi, 4 doors and is a foreign car (made in Canada). I'd probably get a Mustang or a Dodge 3500.

Dave

2. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Every car is a foreign car anymore.

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Technically they go buy where a car is assambled when deciding where it is built. A big chunk of cars are made out of the states but there is a lot of little companies here in the states that make parts for cars. All of the big three as well as Toyota and Honda operate this way. The window sticker states where a car is assembled and sometimes will give a % of where the parts are sourced from.

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

With gas at 3.25 a gal and climbing I parked my 02 Yukon XL 8 liter and bought a new Chevy Colorado with a 4 cyl and 5 speed, it'll be a whole nother world.

5. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

Our company went from using full sized Chevy vans and a few pickups, to Astro Vans, to HHRs. One is with windows the other without. They are both POS's! The panel version has the worst visibility ever! I back up with mirrors all the time, even with a car but that panel version HHR is the pits! I feel like I am driving a cave on wheels. :mad:

6. I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I'm in the market for a new daily driver. I'm needing a vehicle with good gas mileage to drive back and forth to work, but that is still fun to drive. I really like the Mini Cooper S, but I can't decide if...

1. I'm secure enough in my manhood to drive it...

or

2. It's just too gay.

Any thoughts?

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

My daily drivers of choice are big Fords. Wifes on her third Town Car, 1997 Jack Nicholas edition, bought for $6,600 with 70K on the clock. I have a 92 Grand Marque that has 72K on it, bought for under $2000.

If I had to by a new vehicle it would be a truck, but my old '78 F150 is still running pretty well...

8. nexxussian

nexxussian

To cover eithr point, get the S model (factory huffer, or turboed now I hear) and as long as it's not pink you should be golden. A friend had one that, wasn't the S but had the suspension upgrade, drove like a roller skate, decent power, plenty of room (I'm 6'3").

9. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

2007 BMW M3... something about this tuner, just trips me all fancy like... or a 2006 Scion xB... i like boxy...

10. pitman

pitman

You might like the 1.8T VW GTI. It's got plenty of scoot, and in my '04 Jetta wagon (little bigger, heavier) gets about 33/34 mpg.

11. I would replace my 05 GMC 2500 HD duramax with the newer model. Can't beat 8,000 lbs and 19.5 mpg. Just the damn diesel prices suck. Getting screwed as usual.

12. nexxussian

nexxussian

Or you could get the TDI, they cost tome more, but up here they are sold before they show up, and resale, they never make it to the paper (or Craigslist either) before theyre sold. Turbo Diesel so, power and economy (torque anyway, for what it is).

13. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I'd buy another Jeep wagon, 4WD I can hull shit in it, can tow with it, cleaned up it still looks sorta presentable.

14. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

I dont think there is a real new car I would buy,none that I can afford anyway. Just the emission inspections will keep me in a 96 or older car from now on unless I win the lottery! But a new Ford GT would be cool.

15. superbell

superbell

If you can't back up a HHR panel with 3 mirrors safely I'd say its time for a driver refresher course. I think its a great "sedan Delivery" and yes you have to use the mirrors like every other model every made, If you don't like its limitations don't get into a motorhome...

16. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

I have an 06 accord with the V6 and 6 speed transmission, It's a clean car and it beats ALL the camaros at my school

If i had to buy something else though i think i would get an M3 or a 350z or maybe a tacoma x-runner

17. Last year bought an 08 Ranger and last week bought the wife an 09 Expedition

18. pinman 39

pinman 39

I bought one a 2008 GMC canyon pick up I love it. I just hope the economy picks
    up so I can afford the payments on the thing.

19. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our daily is a 2007 Z71 GMC 4 door pickup with all of the options---great vehicle and good for hauling and towing and rides very nice-had a 2002 like it for work and ran it hard for 190000 miles with zero problems

20. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Well over a year old off-topic thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.