Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ohio (and surrounding areas) HAMB Meet and Greet- Saturday January 31st!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChevyGirlRox, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I'm over by the Ohio/Indiana line,probablly a good 3-4hr. drive depending on Saturdays weather.Doubt if I can make it all things considered.Post pics for us please. Giz'

2. c57heaven

c57heaven

do you people really drive your hot rod cars in this crappy salt water mess?:eek:
    I couldn't stomach having a car I like, turn to rust in a couple years because I drove it a couple times in the winter.
    I must not be hardcore!:)
    Just got done snow plowing the drive....

3. msinclair32

msinclair32

we're in count for 2 more!

4. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Chevy Girl , really appreciate you orchestrating this meet......I am thinking on the lines of grumpy. new philly is a long way south for me. no problem if we had sunshine and dry roads. just got done digging through 2-foot of snow up here. Something like this in spring would trip the masses, my thoughts. Best Haney

5. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Like I said before, I don't care if you come by bus or horse and buggy, just be there!

As for driving in the winter, on my deathbed I'm not going to say "I wish I hadn't driven my hot rod in the winter or on the salt flats" but probably "I wish I would have driven my hot rods more!" To each their own...

It is three weeks from now! Haven't you ever heard the famous Ohio saying, if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes? :D Of course I plan to see you all in the spring and summer at shows, but this is intended as something to get us THRU the winter! :p :D

Thanks to all who have called or PM'd me your reservations. I know we are going to have a wonderful turnout and a GREAT time!

6. roseboystoys

roseboystoys

We're planning on it, count me in for 2 to 4 people.
    Thanks

7. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

It looks like we are going to have a great turnout! Keep those reservations coming!

A couple people have asked about local motels...
    One exit up (I think it is one exit) there are quite a few places, search New Philadelphia, Ohio. A couple that come to mind are Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn.

There is a town called Bolivar a couple exits up 77, there is a nice Sleep Inn with a pool there, here is a link:
    http://tinyurl.com/7tmtuj

Looking forward to meeting lots of Ohio HAMBers on the 31st!

8. vwhammer

vwhammer

K I am pretty sure the misses and I will be there plus 3 or 4 or 5 friends from my car club.

We will have a couple of rides weather permitting.

Hope to see some of you there.

9. nsh57

nsh57

Count me in for 2.

It's going to be interesting to see who all will actually bring their cars out on the salt covered roads. Maybe we'll all get to see Megan's roadster???

10. speed-kings

speed-kings

Just over a week away!!!

11. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

Holy cow...lots of people gonna be there!!! I'm figuring 2-4 of us commin. Is the restuarant gonna be big enough for us all????

12. I wish I could make it but I'm sorta outa commission for a bit. I can't handle more than 1/2 hour of sitting in a car unless I do mega doses of painkillers and then I just drool all over myself....not very appealing for lunch time:p.

Take lot's a pics.... and...ah....if Megan orders blueberry panckakes....well never mind.........:D:D:D;)

13. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Meg was hoping Abigail and I could make it but don't think it's gonna happen. I have to work out of town all week and won't be back home till late Friday evening. I'll be working about 3 miles up the river from Gallopolis,, at one of the power plants, and will be staying at the Cinematic Holiday Inn. Be strange being there with no hot rods in the parking lot and going there in an F150 and not the Merc with my favorite co-pilot.

Take lots of pic's so us "no-shows" can see what a good time we missed please.

14. Algon

Algon

I'm in, most likely dragging one of the kids with me.

15. Damn Algon....you are one of the guys I've wanted to brain pic....seems we have similar interests.

16. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I figure we'll have about 40. I talked to the restaurant last week and we figured out the section we're going to use. They are looking forward to having us!

Come anyways, we'll give you a bib! Sorry to hear you are having troubles :( Maybe next time.

We'll miss you. Hopefully this will be the first of many Ohio HAMB events!

Well guys, looks like Saturday it is going to be sunny and in the mid-twenties-- heat wave! Looking forward to seeing you all there.

17. Algon

Algon

Hey, glad to help if I can, send me a PM if you can't make it...

18. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

So far, here's who I've heard from...

speed-kings- 5 people
    Hotrodladycrusr-1
    gassman 57- 2
    201- 1
    silhouettes57 and Rick (rags) Clyne- 2 + ?
    msinclair32- 2
    roseboystoys- 2 + ?
    vwhammer + ?
    nsh57 + 1
    Dyce51 + 2 or 3?
    Algone- 2

And in the tenative column:
    Ace Brown + 1
    JustBryan
    MercuryKid
    john356 + ?
    junkyard jeff
    gkgeiger
    gizzy

I'd like to give the restaurant a real number so if you don't see your name on here and you're coming please post to this thread or PM me. If you do see your name on here and aren't coming please let me know. I'll keep updating this post to reflect who's coming.

Remember, this is a car person event. Even if your car buddy, wife, kid, whoever isn't on the HAMB they are still welcome-- we can corrupt them :D

Sorry to hear the bad news Grumpy. We'll miss you and the guys for sure :(

19. careyohio

careyohio

20. Rod Bender

Rod Bender

Sounds Like fun. I know there will be 9 of us from the
    Ohio Valley Street Survivors that will be there.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW! Looks like a GREAT group of HAMB folks, both fimiliar faces and new ones. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. :cool:

22. vwhammer

vwhammer

K sorry to bail at the last minute but I have 3 buddies coming in town from the military for the weekend and I am going to be visiting with them.
    I don't think we I will make it.
    I am going to try to convince them that we should go but I wouldn't count on it.

If we do show up we will just try to get a table and pick you guys out of a crowd.

Sorry to miss out. It sounds like fun.
    Maybe we can do it again during the warmer months and make a show of it.

23. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

I hate when things like this happen.....I was looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend but something has come up and there is no way I'll be able to make it now......sorry Looking forward to the next one....Unless a miracle happens between now and then...

24. is it a buffet?:p Kids have a birthday party and we have to play taxi, so won't be able to make this one......

25. That sounds fun Megan, but we're working at the shop. On a tight schedule to get our buddies truck completed for our MotoRama show in Indy.

26. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

The wife and I will be there.. as long as we can get out of the driveway!:D

27. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Updated list:

speed-kings- 5 people
    Hotrodladycrusr-1
    gassman 57- 2
    201- 1
    silhouettes57 and Rick (rags) Clyne- 2 + ?
    msinclair32- 2
    roseboystoys- 2 + ?
    nsh57 + 1
    Algone- 2
    Careyohio- 2 (don't worry, I really didn't forget about you :D)
    deadendcruiser- 2
    Rod Bender- 9

And in the tenative column:
    Ace Brown + 1
    JustBryan
    MercuryKid
    john356 + ?
    junkyard jeff
    gkgeiger
    gizzy

Looks like it is going to be sunny and 'warm'-- like 25! See you all tomorrow! :D<!-- / message -->

28. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

It's looking good so far. Finally quit snowing here and the sun is shining!

I'll have an extra bucket seat coming from Columbus if anybody wants to go but doesn't want to show up in the daily. It's mildly uncomfortable and cold but it has it's own seatbelt.

29. leadsled01

leadsled01

You guys have fun, I can't make it. Jerry

30. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

I'll be stopping by with my wife....add 2 more please