Register now to get rid of these ads!

Livin the Low Low Life last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gruizer54, Jan 28, 2009.

1. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

does anyone know where i can watch this episode on the net???

2. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

yo ruben...swing by marcels,i think he could burn you a copy.

3. The only car I saw was the black Chevy with the red flames that you painted,with the little kid standing in front of it,in the preview for the show!

4. VonKool13

VonKool13

It's a decent show! VIDA is SUPER SMOKIN HOT!!!!:D What was kool about last nights show is I know alot of the people featured and interviewed, and living here in So. Cal. I've seen all of the cars featured wich was really kool!

5. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

yes definetly so cal locals all the way...the calaveras tattoo shop had free booze & food for everyone.very friendly family atmosphere and was a great time had by all..im suprised more car clubs didnt show up...get on up.

6. Dont worry Bob, you didnt miss much.

7. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

oh yea i think vida is descent looking...you ever notice two people can look at the same thing and see two totally different views on something.....personely i like the vanilla...ha

8. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Hey !.....don't gimme that !.....I've been to Idaho, and there's a reason they named it I-DA-HO !......:D:D:D

9. banjorear

banjorear

You may be on cusp of a new trend... Rockabilly, bagged hybrid lowriders.

Through a rainbow sticker on the back and you are hitting a lot of demographics with that one.

Funny stuff...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  10. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Every time I watch it I wonder how many Lowrider TV episodes can you really do? They jump from shop to shop and topic to topic way too much.

11. MercManMario

MercManMario

Its a pretty terrible show....well wait i take that back....a lot of the craftsmanship of the old professionals is great to watch. You can call me gay, but if i want T&A i'll rifle through a Hustler. I watch these shows for the hobby, not the host. Vida is dumb as a stump. As for My Classic Car, great show, but waaaaaaay too much Eastwood Garage time. I think in a 20 minute show, only about 8 minutes is Dennis actually featuring/driving a car, while the other 12 is spent jawing about repro '68 Camaro center consoles, and Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. Lets see the Eastwood garage spit out some re-pop panels for my Merc, then i'll stop complaining! Just my $0.02.
    MercManMario

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Can somebody tell me what a ROCKABILLY car is? We aint got any up here in the great WHITE NORTH and I wanta to be quick to jump on the ROCKABILLY BANDWAGON. Can you drive em in the snow?:D

13. MercManMario

MercManMario

Find out what members of the Allman Brothers Band drive, and there is your answer, right?

14. banjorear

banjorear

Not sure. Maybe something like this?

Attached Files:

15. Id like to seee Vida and her bootyback-up team hit more lowrider events and not just so-cal.............

16. She is going to be in town [Tampa] for some stupid Super Bowl party at the Hard Rock this weekend.

17. JohnShaft

JohnShaft
    from Tejas

I may not know everything about everything but I'm PRETTY sure that doesn't count as gay. Or even ghey. Now Inches magazine...THAT would be gay. :p;)

18. Missing Link

Missing Link

Well said

19. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I watch it, I like the old Chevs.

The show I like best is Two Guys Garage or whatever it is called.

Why don't they have a show that really gets into something, like tape segment (s) showing all what's involved putting a 4 speed into an automatic car, I mean the whole deal start to finish or sinking some taillights, putting on lake pipes or installing most of the stuff you buy that don't fit ?

Let me learn something instead of just looking at the final product.
    I do agree looking at Vida is better than Dennis Gage but I think he knows his shit.

20. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

"Beat with a sack of hot nickels"
    I think thats the best thing ive read in my entire life.

21. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

thanks for the head up bro!!

22. Missing Link

Missing Link

Good to hear he wasn't late with that...

n'yuk, n'yuk

23. MercManMario

MercManMario

Ah yes....INCHES. I thought that was an "anti-metric" magazine in my wife's end table. I am so naive. :p

Has anyone else wondered why they don't have a show like mentioned earlier that shows you start to finish projects? Ever wonder why guys like us don't get a show and REALLY show you a thing or two? My theory is that guys like you and me end up starting these shows, then the producers make them dumb it down and go in a different direction.
    For example:
    Look at Two Guys Garage. Bryan Fuller comes off about as funny as Stacey David, and yet a bit less annoying. He owns a world class rod shop, and he is forced to come off like a goofy circus clown. DAMN CAPITALISM!

24. JohnShaft

JohnShaft
    from Tejas

I think it's due to modern western culture's extremely short attention span. While 90 percent of the HAMB would watch that type of show with rapt attention, most of the public would get bored because they didn't see the finished product soon enough. Sad but probably true.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  25. MercManMario

MercManMario

26. Special Ed

Special Ed

27. Finktim

Finktim

28. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

Kinda like drink enough to screw it but not so much as to want to marry it type girl huh. have done lots worse than that tho

29. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

or all that meat and no potatoes

30. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

vida ass = vato wood

simple equation.