Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Am I crazy? 32 Ford question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, Jan 29, 2009.

1. keep the 5 window and buy a sedan like this http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/1012148414.html it seems like a good deal and not much money
    a guy in the club traded a 34 coupe for a 34 4dr sedan, he doesn't use that sedan as much as he did the coupe

2. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

keep the 5 window put a rumble seat in it
    if that`s not working, that truck and trailer sounds like a good fix
    that way your kids won`t have to listen to you for the rest of your life tell the story about the 5 window you wished you never sold

3. timmy t

timmy t

whats wrong with a 2 door sedan you can still get the family in and its alot cooler than a 4 door.

4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I wouldn't part with that '32 5 window.

5. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

louie - keep up the search for dad's 33 sedan delivery, make that the family car! - if it has to be a 4 door how about a 30-31 (much cheaper) on 32 rails? keep the coupe (or call up an old friend of your dad (me) and sell it to him - best - BIG JOHN

6. gold5000000

gold5000000

I think it would be way cooler if you made the coupe with a rumble seat, the sedan can be very nice if done right.

7. BISHOP

BISHOP

I wouldnt sell, or trade it either. Besides, your family might not want to ride around with you anyway.

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Your not crazy......your rational.....

9. Fogger

Fogger

Don't sell the 5-W. You'll always regret not having it for a future project. All my friends, including myself, won't sell any of our '32 Fords. There is no guarantee you would ever find a replacement or if you did that you could afford it. Like others have suggested, put the body in storage for later. Don't sell it. The FOGGER

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...banging head on keyboard...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Do what makes you feel right.

You can always buy another later if you want.

-Jason

12. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

hey, sedans are the greatest! I,ve got a good 2dr project wanna trade?

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::eek:

It's O.K. Larry,.... just take a deep breath and repeat after me,

32' Fords are overrated !

Seeee it's all better now huh ?:D:D:D

14. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I had a fellow who lived in my area and went to the local events who always had on his T-Shirt that said

" The 2 most overated things in life are "

Teenage P*$$Y
    1932 Fords

I saw him with the T-Shirt on 4 or 5 times and never said anything to let him know I saw it because I knew he was trying to get me to say something. He finally could not stand it any longer and asked me " How do you like my T-shirt ? "

I told him the only person who would ever wear that shirt was

... A guy who had NEVER HAD EITHER :)

Never saw that T-shirt on him again :eek:

15. That's pretty funny Randy...

JH

16. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

So...when and how did all you other elitists figure out that '32's were IT??
    I can remember exactly...I was about 12 or 13. I had found and purchased one HRM in Panama, then found an R&C, the last little one, in the States and managed to finance that purchase also. This stuff got me thinking...but then I encounterd the first large R&C--I'm sure you guys have that cover burned into your brains...and bells went off; THAT was what cars were supposed to look like! I think that even then I realized that progress was a parabola, with the legs planted at "primitive" and "decadent", and perfection at the apex.

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

For me it was when I was a kid and seen a the Tom McMullen roadster on the cover of "Hot Rod" April 63',..... After that every 32 ford I seen featured became very special to me :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  18. I've had both and I would rather have the 32's,,,:D HRP

19. Being that I happen to own a 32 mor-dor maybe I'm bias but for a family you can't go wrong with extra doors.

And contrary to popular belief,,the 32 4 doors bring good money if you want to sell,,,I have a standing offer on mine and should sell,,,but hey,,I love my old car! HRP

20. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I think I was 2 when my dad showed me a picture of his 5 window
    he wished he never sold !!!!!!!
    I had to listen to that story till the day he died !

I miss that story now :(

this is the one that did it for me ! it`s in the blood :cool:
    [​IMG]

21. Fuck rational!!!

22. chris55

chris55

x2...if you get rid of the 5w, its gona be hard to pick up another one that solid.

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

This one belongs to a friend of mine,.... not exactly my cup of tea,... but still way cool. ( but really hard to get pictures of)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. I type too slow^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I dig those Fordors, think of that black one with the Ardun from Michigan? Bitchin.

One of the reasons I sold the touring was it only seated 2 with the tank in back. Now I am building a Tudor for Carla,Torin myself and whatever. But, I dont have a 5W sitting here to muddle up the decision!

25. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Now ... you would rather have the 32 ...
    Ask you back when you were a teenager and I bet you might get a different answer :D

26. That 22 yr old when I was 14 spoiled me, I would have taken the 32 as a teen:D Tried to buy one at 14 in fact.....

27. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

your beyond crazy delirious your family probably doesnt care as long as their with you . Five years ago i had a brainstorm and that was to buy an extended pickup so i could drive my twin girls around in . only twice in five years . not a good investment ive learned a good lesson . plus all cars are relatively about the same to build think return .. your kids do. My 2 cents Nice thought thou ..

28. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Have you been huffing paint?

29. hotrod36

hotrod36

I have a nice Tudor, maybe we can work a deal...

Attached Files:

30. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

If I were you, I'd switch gears a little bit.
    A '32 5-window is a real desirable body, and probably one you're not likely to come across again (especially if you've got kids!).
    I'd mothball the body for a while, save up a couple grand, and get yourself a nice '50s or early '60s 4-door sedan.
    Big and roomy, fully loaded, they ride great, and they're dirt cheap! You can find a sweet Olds 98 or Buick Invicta 4-door, and get it on the road clean and reliable for a fraction of the cost of a '32 4-door.
    And the beauty of a '50s or '60s 4door is that you can drive it every day. There's nothing cooler than rolling the kids to school in something vintage on a Tuesday morning.
    I had a soccer mom make me roll down the passenger side window of my ratty '62 Suburban to tell me she loved the truck. The cop at the corner directing traffic loves the thing too.
    You could easily make a '50s car an everyday driver.

-Brad