Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swamp find in washington! (lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 122wagon, Jan 22, 2009.

1. JohnShaft

JohnShaft
    from Tejas

Somewhere in there is a Japanese soldier that doesn't know the war is over. Watch your sixes.

2. wow, great find, but what a shame thier burried and ... gone.

3. Edian

Edian
    from Idaho

hey, im interested in something you got in there, i need a pick up body, something that will look good without fenders.... could you hook me up? i live in eastern washington, pm if you got anything.... and know i can trade only, Thanks

4. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

this group of cars is not in bothell. Do you know of a pile of cars in bothell?

5. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

anyway well I finally got around to loading these up. These were from last weekends work. Couple of chain saws and lots of machete swinging.

everything is wasted :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  6. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

7. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

8. bigs merc

bigs merc

It's hard to imagine that all those cars were new at one time or another. Great find:)

9. loogy

loogy

Oh, I don't know! There looks like an awful lot of good parts in there. I'll buy both the rear fenders off that Chevy coupe from you. I'd be cuttin' them up for something special anyway, so integrity isn't much of a concern. Seriously!

10. not sure what you mean by "wasted"

I didn't expect any of the cars to be restoreable, but there are tons of valuable parts right there.
    Everything that isn't rusty on the GTO is worth money, all the core bumpers, engine accessories, trim, taillights, grills on the other cars are worth $$.
    Army truck stuff is desireable too.

You would be amazed what little chrome parts and bezels sell for if not pitted up.

Drag those cars out, and get to hacking.

Lot of money there.

11. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

So what you gonna do....steel from the guy that owns that land?
    ...let um rust in piece

12. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Did you not read, that he traded some items for the lot of cars..so HE IS SAFE. ..rust my ass, part them fuckers out!

13. RichG

RichG

Read. The. Thread. That way you won't look like a fool.

14. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

So I'm a fool....a 2 barrel carb for a field full of cars?

15. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

no...a 4 barrell carb

duh, the secondaries make all the difference!!!

yes youre right, I meant the cars are wasted as far as potential projects. There will be many parts pulled I imagine.

16. Make a Smorgasbord hot rod/custom.

Amazing. And, amazing they're still there.

Anybody, what's the story on the AD Chevy truck having an artillery wheel?

17. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

I wouldn't say they are wasted, just maybe pretty difficult to fix. I've seen some pretty rotten stuff repaired. One of them is in my driveway.

18. tdoty

tdoty

Cool find!

I'm with the guys saying let us know when some of this stuff is available.....might be a p.i.t.a. to ship, but I'm interested in some of the parts off that Ford truck!

Good luck!

Tim D.

19. aceuh

aceuh

If the GTO has a VIN plate on it still, somebody will buy it....And screw over the next guy with their clone.

Seriously, Looks like tons of good parts there! Take em all!

20. reverendjim

reverendjim

i think i might cry.... looks like there might be some good stuff there

21. RichG

RichG

Yes, that's what he says, a four barrel carb... Is it true? I don't know, but I'll take his word for it. I gave $5 once for a running '65 Galaxy, so it could happen.

Like a good friend of mine says: "It's your story, tell it any way you want to.":)

22. aceuh

aceuh

Probably a smokin deal for the landowner if his property gets cleared.

23. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

EXACTLY! If I didnt give a crap about cars and had all that junk out back I'd think that a couple of young guys were the biggest idiots in the country to give me something to take it all. And to be happy about it to boot!! LOL Kids.....

Pull that stuff apart. There will be junk and there will be great things to the people who need them and there are a lot of those people on this board.

24. I think I would look into renting a backhoe.Clear a path and good pulling power to get them on dry land.

25. drock6570

drock6570

keep us posted , deffinitely more pics if you guys decide to undertake pulling stuff out. Great trade by the way

26. Bluedscrewed&tattooed

Bluedscrewed&tattooed
    from AUSTIN,TX

Typical Washington shit, NICE find but these old bastards up here hold on to crap wont sell it when its worth anything, let em sit forever till they wind up being flower pots. If you need any help forsakenfew and I can come out some time. People in other parts of the country dont get how cool what you found is cause we dont have any salvage yards around any more. Nice score

27. JohnShaft

JohnShaft
    from Tejas

I know I'm probably a pervert for saying this but I'd love to clear those all out of there just for the experience of it all. lol I'm jealous.

But I agree with others. There's a lot of good stuff in there. I've seen people pay for much worse on ebay. And from a couple of people right here on the HAMB. ;)

I bet you fellas could finance your favourite projects from the stash at the very least. Of course, it might take all year.

28. raven

raven

Are the A truck doors for sale?
    r

29. A lot of those look better than the stuff by the time we find it here. The GTO I'd run a PHS historical search on the VIN, make sure it wasn't anything special before I parted it, because if it was something good, there will be a guy who will attempt to restore it. And that A cab is buildable, although those doors are worth a damned fortune seperate.

30. Finktim

Finktim

I think your right. The land owner is probably happy to get the stuff off his property if he has absolutely no interest in it. It will save him the trouble and funds in the long run. One man's trash is another man's thrash. I'm happy to see someone fall into a good deal for a change, not getting ripped off which is so common these days...