Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Upholstery in Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aldixie, Jan 26, 2009.

1. aldixie

aldixie

Hi Guy's,

I'm looking for an upholsterer in Houston, I've been given a couple of numbers, one for Gary in Texas City and another for Clemente in North Houston. Any others that do good work on a budget? My wife says I can get my interior redone.

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I used Saldana just west of 288 on Hwy 6...they did a good job for me..

3. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Fat Lucky's in Austin!!

4. SpiritOf62

SpiritOf62

Are you looking to do a professional job or to make it look solid. If you're on a budget, I did my seats and carpet etc. myself. The vinyl seat, heat shield, sound deadener, and various other parts cost just south of 500 bucks. It seems daunting if it is your first interior job, but it took me 2 solid days of work to finish it and I love knowing that I was able to do it all myself. If you want to do it yourself and need help looking for kits, PM me.

5. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Juniors in Conroe is affordable.

6. aldixie

aldixie

I'm not looking for a show job as it will be a driver. I was going to use automotiveinteriors.com and use there covers,but my wife said for once in your life have someone else do it. I've seen Clementes work as Micky in League city had some work done by him. The seat looked amazing considering all he gave him were the springs it cost $550.

7. aldixie

aldixie

This is Clemente's work.

Attached Files:

8. mcload

mcload

9. aldixie

aldixie

I've done door panels before with no problems. I was looking at automotiveinteriors as they do the seat covers and yardage. WOrks out about $390 for their covers plus the yardage for the door panels,kick panels and parcel shelf.

10. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

don clemente's work is incredible. he did some seats for me a couple years ago a week before autorama. i'll try and get some pictures. he's done jobs for a few hambers.

11. abone1930

abone1930

Old post but, looking for an Upholstry guy in Houston\Tomball area that does good work and has a secure building to keep my car in. Looking for a complete job, Just parnoid to take my car somewhere and leave. Should be ready to drop off in about 2 or 3 weeks. Model A in avitar is the car

12. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

13. aldixie

aldixie

In the end I got mine done a GSpot in Texas city. Was a great job, I had both seats rebuilt completely and all the door panels done. Cost $2300.

14. pzofsak

pzofsak
    from texas

I know this is an old post, but does anyone have contact info for Clemente in North Houston, I googled him and nothing came up

15. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Mike Blanchette at Blanchette Auto Trim at Hempstead Highway and BW8 is a decent guy to work with. He will do as much or as little as you like. He did these seats and door panels.

Attached Files:

16. pzofsak

pzofsak
    from texas

That looks like good work, and he is very close to where I live. What did he charge for the seats and door panels, if you don't mind me asking. Also where there door panels on the car already or was it a blank canvas.

17. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

He charges a flat rate per hour, I think $45 or so. From what I recall it was around $2K or so for the seats and door panels. That included the cost of materials.

I blasted and painted the old seat frame myself, and he reused most of the original foam with some rehab work in places. He also made welting for all the seams out of the same material as the seats.....that took more time than if he had used pre-made welting from a roll.

On the door panels, I made new panel board and attached it to the steel frames that run along the top edge. He then covered it.

18. pzofsak

pzofsak
    from texas

What about the dash, the one you have pictured looks brand new. I have looked into several companies like justdashes.com to redo my dash but the cost is going to be well outside my budget and I haven't found anyone that makes repro dashes for my car.