Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for pics of rodded pickup's.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sixty8c10, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Barn Yard Chevy

Barn Yard Chevy

Just throwin' this one out there, Work in Progress....

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  2. borndead327

borndead327

does nuttin for me...........

3. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

[​IMG]heres a peice of shit for sale in craigslist $6000

4. labelkills

labelkills

not chopped up, but I do have a 1951 olds 303 rocket with a hydramatic and ford steering column wedged into my 46 international.

runs good, just doesnt stop!

Attached Files:

5. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

I would say Finland... ;)

Ryan: One newcomer in show condition:

[​IMG]

6. farmer_joe620

farmer_joe620

hey thats a local guy. i just seen that rig at a car show last weekend.

7. Thank God we're all so different!!

Otherwise we would all drive around in beautifull finished '57 Chevy's, Rat Rod's, '98 Vettes, Whatever Camaro's or '32 roadsters!! It's all a matter of what you want, not what you think the people around you want, right?
    I happen to like the looks of a "Rad Rod" (Radical) and one of those is beeing built when I've collected enough parts, no matter what the people around me think! It's easy, well easyer! (nothing 'bout building a car from scratch is easy) you don't have to worry 'bout parking you rod out of sight, cause what if somebody scratch your nice paintjob. Nobody will steal it cause it's probably only yourself that can drive it, and it is known by everybody that it's the wrong dude or dudette driving "your" car.
    Well I think that John's mad creation is the wildest and coolest I ever seen.
    Here's pictures

Attached Files:

8. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Oh man,

I just threw up in my mouth.....

This post is filled with poorly thought out trucks that have lost the purpose of being a truck at all.

Rudy Style is ok, but these other ones with stupid geegaws and retarded stance should be stolen and parted out....

And that one with the wedge chop - WHY!!!!

There goes another perfectly good cab.

If you aren't paying attention to the lines you should be building dump trucks or tractors.

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I agree... the lengthened noses and stubby beds. Looks like you squeezed a tube of toothpaste at the wrong end...:confused:

10. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

i like trucks with boxes and fenders!

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  11. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

a few more from good guys in desmoines

Attached Files:

12. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Gotta agree. I was just interviewed by a someone that pointed out- "most of your projects have all been Pickup Trucks- it it some kind of Freudian thing?"

It kind of threw me off for a minute because I didn't realize I have such an affinity for trucks. But it comes back to my belief that rodders ALWAYS need a truck. When I was first at a truck magazine I couldn't get the slicked out trucks with 87 body mods that "laid frame" (sorry Courtney). To me that was totally useless and against everything a truck meant to me. So I built one that hauled ass (450hp big block), laid frame (one of the first AirRide kits) and looked like crap (every panel a different color of worn paint) and it was my personal snipe at "show trucks". It was fun as hell and turned out to be the inspiration to a lot of guys that didn't get "useless" trucks either.
    That truck was bought by the same guy I just built the little green '31 RPU for. It left on a truck today for Maryland and will be on the cover of the next R&C. I also didn't want that one to fit a "formula" and in fact wanted to build him a tub, but he wanted a truck as the shop car for his business building bungalow houses.
    The last one on this list is my first "kustom", but again a truck. The bed will remain functional like the other trucks and that's the way I like it. Some of those "other" trucks (just like the smoothed out tweed monsters) can't carry more than a 12-pack of beer and an industrial sized tub of hair dressing. I can understand these things are cheap to build, but they look less comfortable as an airplane seat between 2 600-pounders.

13. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Zimm- especially like the lowered '57 in yer reply. This is Dicey Donna the day I had to take something else to the car show-weekend in Redding, last month. She runs, but has ongoing charging issues. Woulda stranded me somewhere on Highway 299. Working on a clean slate with the wiring.
    The funny thing is, I was never really into trucks before I found this one about 5 years ago, but it opened up a big, new chapter to me.

Attached Files:

14. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

More pickups, anyone? Started using Photobucket, trying to reduce my pics to be uploaded, but they're comin' out too small.

15. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

hEY ARE YOU ONLINE????????:D

16. ratso575

ratso575

SIXTY8c10,
    I think fenderless trucks are awesome , I think the lines are sweet !
    cant wait to get mine on the road ..............:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

17. Jimmy Nitro

Jimmy Nitro

This is my work in progress to add to your pile. 41 Harvester 1/2 ton just met it's new frame this week.

JN

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  18. I admittedly did not read through the many pages on this four year old thread, but also couldn't help but add; Why not actually chop a 40's cab up so that it is smaller and therefore more proportional in respect to this type of build? In fact, I think the advanced design GM trucks have some pleasing curves, narrowed, sectioned, chopped, get the idea?

19. muttafokker

muttafokker
    from new york

my 40 ford.hopefully finished this summer.

20. muttafokker

muttafokker
    from new york

pics

Attached Files:

21. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Here are a couple of my son Scott's first hot rod ever that he built a while back. Cab was a at one time a 34 Plymouth 4-door sedan, frame was from a 32 BB truck, 37 Dodge bed.

Attached Files:

22. Traditional36

Traditional36

hows mine? look for it in March's Amusin' Cruisin' issue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. freebird101

freebird101

24. Master of None

Master of None

Here's mine its a 34 that started out as a ton and a half cab. The coupe is my fathers 33 Dodge.There is more pictures in my profile albums.

Attached Files: