Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help finding trans options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Richard

Richard
    from Rocklin,CA

Anyone know what other tranmissons will fit my 64 Olds Dynamic 88?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

If ya really want more info give a little. Dynamic 88's were made for quite a while. What year? Is it the car or just the engine you ask about? Auto, stick shift, 3 speed, 4, 5, etc. Are you willing to adapt nonstandard parts? Build a bell houseing? Buy an after market piece or dig for an obscure factory part? Want overdrive? Lots of possibilitys here.

3. Richard

Richard
    from Rocklin,CA

Fair enough here it is. 1964 Olds. Trans shifts good when it's cold but after it warms up 1st is a distent memory. We've had the trans apart and haven't been able to repair it. Looks like someone had tried to rebuild it but forgot to put all the parts in it. The pump is good and has good pressure. But the band just slips when it's warm. I believe we found out it's a rotary hydromatic which sounds weird but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I'm willing to adapt it or use aftermarket parts but not willing to build a bell housing. I'd rather find something that will bolt up. Thanks Rich

4. IIRC, 1964 was the first year for the TH400, but the case/bellhousing was different for different engines in that first year. So, possibly a TH400 would fit, but only a 1964 TH400 for an Olds.
    Not a lot of help, but not a lot of static, either.
    Cosmo