Register now to get rid of these ads!

Loan for a car body?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acey_Deucey, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluestang67

bluestang67

the one your looking at is.

2. McFly

McFly

I'll trade ya 5g's for the 5W (32 that is)...hypothetically. : )

3. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

i wish it was. my car layed in a swamp near seattle for 50 years. Pitted to the max. It also rolled and was in a fire.
    Its BAD

4. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Id do it in a heart beat

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Easy, join the Army. Once in join the Military credit union. They know they have your ass for payments so will loan you a shit load to build it too. Plus your doing something for your country.

6. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Already got accepted to diving school. im going. its too good of an opportunity to pass up.

7. Having a cdl is really not that good of an oppertunity. It cant hurt to have one but I would take a class in economics and another in critical thinking. That will help you more than any others if you can only take two.

you will learn what oppertunity costs are and how they effect your finances.

8. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Its a great opportunity. Not that this is car related. But i have friends doing it making incredible money. Well into the 6 figure range.

9. Fuck it, I'd go to clown school...but I don't think Acey Deucey is on here asking education advise.

Get the money. Buy it. It's worth it. If you find you cannot afford payments, or get into a pinch, sell it. It's a sure bet. You can try to save your money all you want, but your a car guy. Like the rest of us. You won't save your money. If you get a little money, you'll spend it on other car shit. My .02

10. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

11. Now that is some funny shit right there. Thanks

12. BISHOP

BISHOP

In all reallity, if you dont have the cash for it now, YOU DONT NEED IT. Thats why half, or more than half of this country is in trouble.

13. So, you guys are tellin me if you found (in theory) a pretty darn nice 32 3W for 5,000.00 US dollars and did not have the cash in your hand, you'd just walk away and forget about it??? I'd call ya'll a liar.

14. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Dude, I read your bio, and you already have tooooo many cars as it is. Why don't you just p.m. me the whereabouts on this one and I will come and pick it up for you.:D

15. BISHOP

BISHOP

I would walk away, I would let a friend get it. Ive got things to work on that make me happy. One more half finnished hot rod is not what I need, it would be a burdon.

Its called greed. You want it because everybody wants it, you dont need it. You need to finish something you allready have. Im sure if you dont have the money to buy it, how the hell are you going build it, another loan??? Thats real fuckin smart.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  16. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

If i was a nice guy....i totally would.

17. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

\If you havent been reading. I am going to sell another car to get it. A model a to get a 32. Call me greedy. do i give a shit? probably not. I collect what i want to collect. I was not asking your permission. and Yes, it is real fuckin smart. Thanks.

18. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

how do i get a thread closed. This is getting retarded and completely shiftin away from a question i thought would get answered in 1 page.

19. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Ryan, anybody, can i get this thread closed?

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

As a LONG time 32 Ford owner ... :)
    1932 Ford parts are better than money in the bank ... even today.

5 grand for a 32 3W is like a gift from GOD.
    A decent pair of 32 3W doors will bring over 5 grand. Rough, piece of poo bodies bring 10 to 12 grand easily on eveilbay.

Borrow the money ...
    Buy the coupe.

Over 30 years ago, I was young, just married a few years and BROKE ... I had a car payment, a house payment and all the usual bills that go with being married. I was building a shop ( brick to match my house ) and I find a 32 roadster body. A super good ... best I have ever seen 32 roadster body.

I had to borrow the $$$ to get it.
    Things were tight ... real tight. I could not do anything with the roadster ( I was super broke then ) because of the roadster loan. But I made the payments ... and got clear in a few years and I still have the same roadster ...

DO IT ... do whatever you have to ... but do it ... :D

[​IMG]

Best money I ever spent ...

21. scarylarry

scarylarry

I think all of this proves there is no right or wrong way to make this stuff happen. You have to decide what works in YOUR situation and DO IT! Deuce Roadster knows stuff, I'd do what he says. :)

22. Hmmmmmmm.......sell a Model A to raise the cash to buy a 32 3W body. :rolleyes:

A young man with many years to build a car.........

Tough decision........................not!

Sell the A to one of those folks that say "they like Model A's better than 32's" and buy the 32 3W. So it takes 10 years to build, and you're still only 30!

I once and only once passed on a great deal on a highly desirable vehicle. I have regretted it for 30 years! :(

23. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Geez, this has gone on and on. I'm calling bullshit. No 5K duece, no "...should I buy this staggeringly good deal..." dilemma, no nuth'n but a guy with a computer and too much free time. Good God we're gullible here.

24. 31whitey

31whitey

hahaha....Acey DONT sweat these FAGs....

25. James427

James427
    BANNED

Several years ago I spotted a 1969 Dodge Daytona in a man's backyard and asked about it. Turns out it was a red over black 4spd car with 6837 original miles in fantastic condition. He would sell it, but he wanted $6837 for it, a dollar for every mile it traveled. I tried to get him to take a deposit, no go. I scrapped together as much cash as I could at the time, about $4,800 and offered that until I could get the rest. No go. About three weeks later I had all of the $6837 but the car was already sold to someone else. About three weeks after that it sold to a third owner for $32,000. I kick myself in the ASS many times a year over that car till this day. I shoulda borrowed the cash and made that deal happen no matter what it took. You will feel the same way if you don't figure out a way to get your hands on the 5G's fast. Even if I could not afford to keep it, I SURE could have used the $25,000 I would have easily made off of that car.

Because of that deal, I RARELY let a great deal slide by no matter what it takes to put it together. I've never regretted ANY of those many many great deals over the years and the cars I've enjoyed and the $$ I've made off of them.

26. If you can't buy it. Try to work a deal where you can get a "finders fee" for putting a deal together for another buyer.

27. Live within your income and you'll live without worry....and a lot of other things. Like a 32' 3 window. I read somewhere the other day that there are now more 32 Fords than existed in 1933. Nice they are but rare, no way.

28. Yup! I agree. Plus, if a guy can not come up with a piddly 5K he should not be playing with cars.

Sell everything that is not bolted down then get your wrech and unbolt that shit as well!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  29. 31whitey

31whitey

There not rare at all....hahaha

I know theres two right down the street from me....but there so played out I dont even want them....

go try and find a 32 3w(steel)...glass dont count.

let me know how it turns it out for you guy.

30. krooser

krooser

If you're going to get your CDL won't you have a big loan to pay off when you're done?

If you have all those bodies in inventory I'd sell one or two to finance the next purchase. I've been forced to do that several times.

I am very fortunate in dealing with a local banker who will loan me $$$ for just about anything. But, with the truckin' biz in the doldrums right now and me on a medical leave, I already refinanced my truck by moving three months payments to the back end of my loan... so I'm tapped out right now.

Wait until you get rolling in your new job... assuming you'll take to the OTR lifestyle. Save your $$$ and pay cash when you've got it.

BTW... there's no such things as a "numbers matching" Model A...FWIW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.