Register now to get rid of these ads!

The GNRS 2009 Winner, when do they post it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Byron Crump, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Very cool animation, thanks.......

CC

2. toad32

toad32

I thought some here might find it kinda cool.

3. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Well at least the expensive showcars are getting somewhat closer to a traditional looking car,
    i think its a good sign.

4. the animation does clears up some of what you cant see thats beneath the surface that makes it a winner...sometimes ya just gotta dig a little deeper to uncover the real hot rod thing in those show cars. This one has it, last years winner DIDNT......heck, maybe put a set of steel wheels and skinnies on it and an axle on the front, and it could win again ....maybe....?

5. The Drag car "Double Trouble"? I LOVED that car
    (I think that was it's name-Candy red roadster drag car with all aluminum blown Ardun)

6. That car is alot more impressive in person than in pictures. If I got to choose between that car and the Branch roadster I'd be driving home in a gold 32.

7. hemifarris

hemifarris

Neat animation.....

8. Geoffrey

Geoffrey

good idea i was going to try and see if the leather car could be in the running haha

9. I don't mind it at all. A change of wheels and tires, getting ride of the front suspension and keeping the hood closed and it would be a really cool car. A far sight better than last year that's for sure.

10. John Ladd

John Ladd

Yes, I agree it is a major improvement over last year's winner. While the workmanship on the '08 winner was excellent I don't know how it could be referred to as "beautiful." This year's group was, overall, a great improvement.

11. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

that aint beautiful! The Tom branch roadster does donuts around that

12. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Here's some close up photos of the winner I took at the SEMA show.

Attached Files:

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Saw this car at Louyville and it is really a work of art, yet it still resembles a 32 roadster unlike last years. Congrats.

14. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Unreal, congrats to Harry. Another winner from Illinois!

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Not my cup of tea but no denying the workmanship and detail. A big step up from the last few years (especially last year).

Frank

16. Brewton

Brewton

I'm good with this year's winner. Not my taste completely, but better than a full on show car street rod.

17. turdytoo

turdytoo

Amen

18. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Nice craftsmanship...but if you got the dough, time...you can have one too!
    Gotta appreciate the amount of work on it though...
    very cool car!

19. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

I like it. I like the branch roadster WAY more ,but this is still a nice chage of pace for the AMBR award. Good on them!

20. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

the hump on that trunk ruins the rest of very nice roadster
    much better then last years , god that one was hideous

21. Congratulations to Harry Willett!! Well-deserved!

First saw the roadster last year when Harry and his son Jim were thrashing to get it ready for a run at the Ridler.

This car was a Great Eight finalist and is simply magnificent. The attention to detail is astounding and the concept is refreshing.

And what else was Harry up to this weekend? Well, among other things he was bidding on automotive art at the Chicago BrushMasters display on Saturday night. You see, Harry is the promoter of the Chicago World of Wheels. Quite a car guy.....

22. hotrodkindagirl

hotrodkindagirl
    from CA

Just FYI - Harry Willett is the owner/builder and this car is hand-built. He's been building cars his whole life. He won the ISCA championship in the 70's with the "Disco T." This car is all about craftsmanship. Congrats to Harry! Well-deserved, it's a beautiful car!

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Someone really liked the look of that Mobil sponsored FERRARI that ran the Mexican Road Race in the early 1950's and built a '32 around the idea, that is my first impression. Never seen the car before, just judging from the photos here, and don't know what cars it was up against. Looks very nice, but the headrest just doesn't blend in with '32 lines IMO.

24. JimSibley

JimSibley

Im kinda into it. Nice car with a real race car theme. cooler than most.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wow.. that's pretty cool for an AMBR winner. when is the last time a black car won the AMBR? Blackies shiskabob special 50 years ago?

26. 2000

27. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Trophy whore !.....BWwwwwwaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!!....

sorry......everybody was just to serious there for a minute......

28. Congrates to Harry Willet! Hand built by himself.
    Harry is in the ISCA Hall of fame.
    Took over the promotion of the Chicago World of Wheels after it was turned into a tunner fest and made it one of the best shows in the Midwest. They give away "The Legend Cup" which is starting to become one of the sought after awards on the tour.
    The "Select Six" this year were out of this world.
    Harry has done many great things for the car hobby over the years and continues to do so.

29. kman1932

kman1932

I might piss off alot of people but here is my .02 worth. The workmanship was excellent, but what the hell is it? There are about 20 different styles or themes on this car, and none of them go together. It looks like an AMT 3in1 model an 8 year old puts together and uses every piece in the box. Nothing flows. The only other thing that it needs is one of those swans with the illuminated wings that were on some KWs in the mid 70's. I guess I'm too old school and won't/ don't want to change.
    JUST my opinion!!!!!