Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopperjeff, Jan 24, 2009.

1. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

Hey guys if anybody can help be much appriciated I bought a 34 dodge pickup cab hood grill with the original frame from a real nice guy but haven't had time to pick it up he was nice enough to put the cab and all the parts on a pallet for me for shipping the two times i had set up for a transporter to pick up they backed out I just got a call from the guys brother telling me the nice guy I bought it from had a stroke and it has to be out of here ASAP or he was going to"GET RID OF IT" any body in the area could grab it and store it I would absolutely pay them for there troubles and the arraing pick if you can help please let me know...It is located in Sandy Oregon about 20 mies outside of portland pm me or call me anytime 612-998-7438jeff

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

dang dude..a period or comma would help.....i got dizzy and passed out reading this.

3. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

sorry i'm frantic trying to figure this out

4. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

5. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

Looks like you will have to travel the internet. Look up Sandy Yellow Pages, find a local hauler (they generally have storage) and make a deal.

6. skidsteer

skidsteer

there is a user group on here, I think it is called HAMB relay, there might be somebody there

7. RichG

RichG

I would do it for you, but it wouldn't fit in my van. I posted your thread in the Northwest Hamber's room for ya, hopefully someone will do ya right! Good luck bubba.:)

8. How soon do you need it? I'll have my Trailer in Portland for PIR & travelling back to Michigan in Mid May with the trailer empty. 20ft open carhauler. I've got lots of room for storage here & could get it to Mid Iowa along I-80. If nothing works out PM me.

Movin/on

9. chevyshack

chevyshack

I work for an LTL trucking company that would gladly pick it up for you. Checkout con-way website. Unless the guy has a way to fork lift it up into the trailer you would probally have to pay extra for liftgate service. Ive seen a navagator come across or dock before minus the front clip and frame. It was in a big crate.

10. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

11. Weasel

Weasel

Try listing it on www.uship.com - photos would help. You should get quick responses - just pick your bid.

12. boxstr

boxstr

I have an open trailer in front of my shop in Oregon City. It is empty and I could pick it up next week sometime. Can the seller help load??
    Email me at [email protected]

13. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Boxstr, you rule! Way to be!

14. Sprcheese

Sprcheese

Nice to see all the responses so quickly. Makes me proud to belong to this group. Nice goin' Boxstr

15. RichG

RichG

Awesome bxstr! HAMB strikes again!

16. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

Hey boxstr just talked to the guy he can help i'll pm you his name and number cant wait to talk to ya-jeff

17. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

Just wanna thank boxstr publicly he saw my help! post and stepped up to help me with my dilemma. Craigs a great guy, and saved the day, hes an asset to the hamb...also i don't even know him but he was willing to help anyway i owe big. THE HAMB IS THE BEST!

18. Let me know when you are going to get it, and maybe I can help you load it. I have some buds that live in Sandy, so I am sure I can be of some help.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  19. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

You guys rule! It is great to see people helping other people in need. HAMBer's are the best!!

20. boxstr

boxstr

Well I went out and loaded Chopper Jeffs 34 Dodge on my trailer today.
    It was packed away in a wooden box, all taped, covered, and secured, ready to ship.

The fellow where I picked it up had it on a lift. I pulled the trailer into the garage and he dropped the lift and the box was loaded. It just needed a little push to center it on the trailer and strapped down. Ready to go!! Yahoo.
    Well not just yet. The house and he garage were DOWN off the main road. It was in a wet muddy drive. After three attempts and alot of slipping and slinging mud I made it out and got underway.
    Back at the shop I measured the box, called Jeff and gave him a full report. Now he just has to find someone to get it back home to Minnesota.

21. I'm traveling back east in June from Oregon (as far SW as you can get) 7 miles from Calif on the coast, but a 300 mile trip to Portland area is OK. I'd like some Pic's and measurements to see if I can pick up another relay in Boise. to haul to Michigan. I normally drive I-80 thru Winnemucca Nv. but If i'm in Portland then Boise Id. is on the way. I could do a 2fer relay. I'll also be in Portland for the swap in April. PM's are ok.

Movin/on

22. RichG

RichG

This thread just keeps getting better and better. Rock on Movin/on, you and boxstr are what makes Hamb my favorite place to be!!!

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've got a feeling this is not going to go well.

24. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Yep, too bad it wasn't brought to light before the !@#$%^& got some Hamb help.

25. johnboy13

johnboy13

This post is over a year old people.

26. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

so whats the verdict?

27. Does it make the whole deal less fucked up if it's a year old? Maybe this should get bumped everyday so everyone knows not to help the dishonest prick.. He's out buyin cars with the money he stole from a HAMBer then coming to the HAMB for relay help?