Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT. Vintage shaving razor.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by threepiston, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threepiston

threepiston
    from illinois

I found my passed on Grandpa's collectors item when cleaning last week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Open one side of the case, and you sharpen the blade on a hone. Open the other side of the case, and you sharpen it on a leather strope/strap. Give a 1/4 turn to the blade, pull it off, and affix it to the handle. Shave. Leather sharpen when done. Bada Bing!

I got brave one night, pulled it out, and shaved with it. For being of 1958 vintage, it sure works well. It was kind of scary, but it is easy once you get the hang of it. It does a very close shave, and will last my lifetime. No more buying razors or replacement blades. I love it.

Anyone else shave with an antique?

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I had one of those a while back. seemed good for tugging my whiskers and cuting my face. maybe I didn't sharpen it right.

3. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Nice e-bay pic .Do you have it listed?

4. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin

Will that work on door handles, or just hood and trunk?

5. threepiston

threepiston
    from illinois

Yes, they are eBay pics. It was easier than digging out the camera and uploading. But I do have one, just like it. They say the leather needs oiling, from time to time.

It is a whisker tugger, but heck, it was free, and it will be the last razor I ever use. And you can't beat old stuff. That's what HAMB is all about. Some people will take old and antique to new and expensive anyday.

6. WTF! Razors!!!!! You guys kill me....This isn't Antique Roadshow....I started a thread about" collecting other things". That would be a good place for this...

BTW,That is NOT what the HAMB is all about! Maybe you should go back and READ what the HAMB is about!!!

7. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

What's Next .....................

[​IMG]

8. threepiston

threepiston
    from illinois

I know, flame me. There wasn't an off topic forum. I love old stuff. I cant yet afford to buy my antique car to hotrod. I have to buy a house first. But until then, I will continue to surf the board and love all the knowledge that this forum exudes. I have built custom parts my whole life, at least since I tried to put an engine where it didn't belong.

This board inspires me, it makes me want to follow my dreams even more. I really enjoy seeing people build their own stuff vs. buying what mr. corporation says we need.

Hence the post about one way I will save more money to buy my hotrod. NO CHROME, ALUMINUM, OR SHINY STUFF!!!! Real, homemade, useable stuff for me.

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Aww c'mon Bob....it's new kinder, gentler, off-topiclier hamb! Come listen to Patrick Sweaney. I've heard he rocks:rolleyes::

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328322

10. "Traditional Rods and Condoms",LOL.....

11. threepiston

threepiston
    from illinois

That's funny, the old rubber.... :D

12. HOPE NOT!!!!!
    I've got lots of old stuff,cause my mom was an Antique dealer. BUT,i'm not gonna bore you guys with old dolls and glass hats and shoes....

13. You want to see some bitchin collections,check out the thread, "Any of you guy collectors of other things". You'll love it!

14. threepiston

threepiston
    from illinois

Move it then, or delete it. I just want to be a part of the board. I SEARCHED, and didn't find anything. So be it.

Old thread discovered. 10-4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.