Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pictures of my dad's hot rod, June 1959

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INLAW MODEL A, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Here are some pictures my dad recently found of one of his cars. My dad is the skinny guy, he was 19, and my Grandpa is standing on the left. I don't know much about the car, but it looks like my dad couldn't wait to remove the bumpers. I will try to get more info. I just thought they were cool pictures and wanted to share them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

I wonder what he did for tail lights. nice older pics...ghost

4. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

that's my memories...right there.wanting to be cool on a short budget.

5. I will ask him and see if he recalls or not. I see the horns came off pretty fast also.

6. ComingApart

ComingApart

looking at that first picture i can just see your grandpa shaking his head and walking away, cursing under his breath...

7. My dad says this about the car:
    I traded a tent for this car. It had a 85 horse flathead. We added a dual 97's intake and carbs. It had small round taillights on the fenders. We primered the car with a mixture of old paint and it came out flat maroon. We added full spun aluminum moons over the spoke rims. Added dual exhaust with glass packs, and we only drove it 3 months because we ran out of money to insure it. Then it sat until we started working on a 40 Ford 2 door deluxe sedan.

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Haha, Grandad's muttering, Darn kids today, cain't leave well enough alone. My dad does the same thing. Neat old pics, reminds me to get a pic of my dad with my car.