Register now to get rid of these ads!

90 Degree speedometer cable adapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beemer, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Beemer

Beemer

I would like to run a '36 Ford mechanical speedometer in my T but the area around the transmission is TIGHT. I was told that they use to make 90 degree adapters for situations like this. Does anyone know of a good (and cheap) source for these. BTW The transmission is a '50 Ford 3spd.

thanks

2. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Don't know a source,but a place to look is behind the dash on old taxi
    cabs.
    they had some weird adapters and splitters on them to run the meters.

3. burger

burger

D&D Instuments
    (800) 766-4243

At work we use one of thier 90° adapters for the tachometer drive on our booster pump gearboxes. It's worth giving them a shot.

Ed

4. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Holley used to make them I believe. My 70 Scout had one. Also had a Holley adapter on the firewall to change the speedo ratio. International went with the lowest bidder on everything and had to adapt all sorts of things. When I broke the clutch pedal on the Scout I looked for another one in the wrecking yards. Found 3 different pedal setups but none that matched mine. All on 70 Scouts.

5. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

instrument exchange in houston tx.(713)923-6104 can help you out.that's where i get my gauges and parts.

-danny

6. I know this is a 2 year old post, but I'm having the same problem... Anybody know where I can get a 90 degree adapter for less than $88?

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/speedometer_calibration_______va.htm#90%20Degree

Anybody else know of cars that came with 90 degree adapters so I know what to look for in the junkyard? I don't mind paying $88 for one if it solves the correction and the clearance problem with the same part, but to temporarily figure out the what the correction needs to be, I'll need a 1:1 90 degree adapter.

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

8. Truck salvage yard, S-W made a million of 'em for big trucks, the gears can be changed to suit, but parts may be hard to come by.

9. mssacs

mssacs
    from nj

10. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

ACI Engineering
    6728 Lovers Lane
    Portage , MI 49002-3668
    USA

Telephone: (269) 327-1991

Not sure what they charge, but they have always treated me well.