Register now to get rid of these ads!

Talk to me about Hemi installation in a '32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dice, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Dice

Dice
    from Marion, TX

OK, so I picked up a 392 for my '32 5-window. I'm currently running a SBC with minor mods to the lower portion of the stock firewall. If anyone has a '32 with a Chrysler hemi, I could sure use some tips. Did you keep your stock firewall? Did you have to move the radiator or crossmember forward? Pics would be great!

2. Danny G

Danny G

I kept the stock firewall but had to trim it for the valve covers. I left the crossmember in the stock location but it would be alot easier and better to move it forward like 2 inches if you are going to run amechanical fan. if you run a mechanical fan you will have to cut the bottom of the firewall to get the fan centered in the radiator

3. Dice

Dice
    from Marion, TX

Did you use the stock water pump? How's the steering box clearance? Any pics?

4. Danny G

Danny G

I used the hot heads front cover and BBC waterpump. I could email some pictues but I dont know how to post them

5. I installed a 354 Hemi in my 32 with some firewall modifications.
    The 4" rad is in the stock location.
    I used the Big Block Chev water pump conversion and mocked the engine up with the fan mounted about 3/4" behind the rad and high enought to clear the lower rad hose.
    Moved the left centre part of the firewall back 1 1/2" and the right centre back 3/4" to clear the ignition wire covers on the valve covers. The foot wells are in their stock location, as well as the upper part of the stock firewall.
    HemiDeuce.

Attached Files:

6. Danny G

Danny G

on my roadster I took the strap off of the firewall and moved it out 7/8 of a inch and welded it back on. The only downside to this isyou have to redrill all of your firewall feet holes on the frame. This will give you some needed room and very few people willever notice it. Brookville sells the strap if you screw yours up.

7. adventurer

adventurer

I am dusting off this old topic. I am starting to put together a 32 Brookville roadster with a 392 Hemi and 4 speed. I don't have a firewall, and need help to decide if need a recessed firewall or stock one. What steering box and column should I use? I am doing everything traditional style, (late fifties/early sixties). Frame is ASC.
    Have already purchased a Ansen dual master cylinder to mount on the firewall.
    Any help? This is my first real rod, built completely from scratch.