Register now to get rid of these ads!

The new CAB-De-Coupe:)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe-De-CAB, Jul 28, 2008.

1. CGkidd

CGkidd

Steve, it is a Chev. It came off a old farm truck from eastern washington, very solid.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Well fellas,

I haven't started this build yet, but still in the market for collecting parts:)

Here's a few things i just recently acquired for my hotrod-

Posie rear spring
    [​IMG]

Posie chrome front spring
    [​IMG]

1927 model T gas tank
    [​IMG]

1939 top loader 3 speed transmission w/ shifter
    [​IMG]

a Pair of 97 strombergs, not going with this intake or scoops though and looking for a earlier Model 59AB flathead for this ride.
    [​IMG]

...and this vintage Halibrand quickchange rear end
    [​IMG]

My buddy Scotty is giving me his old Model A sedan frame to start with as well.

we'll that's it for now, sorry for no progress build pics, but i wanna have most of all the parts first before i really get into it.
    Peace†
    cab

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

nice rear you got there...:D

gonna hafta change your name to Cab-de-Cab...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Hope to see more on this Steve, as I have a '36 basket case and am still on the fence whether to run fenders. It'll be a while before I can start, so I'll be watching!

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey! Alright! You did get one! Right on! Is that one setup with wide fives too??

6. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks Larry and Scooter:)

Nope ...it's 5 on 5 bolt pattern, but i did see the thread on hamber QC's and i saw your set up with the wide fives, looks sweet! i'll be pickin it up on Sunday after the GNRS down in the San Bernardino area:)

7. Awesome Cab, can't wait to see what you do with this one. I'm envious of the vintage quick change.

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's really great news! You have good taste man! :D

9. Cab that's coming together nicely...love the QC rear end...glad ya found one

10. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks Ken,
    yup God is good, all the time:)

We'll ...i did have to give up and sell off an old 80's minty Tommy Guerrero skate deck from my personal board collection to obtain this rare piece, but it's well worth it and i think it was a fair trade!

Probesport,
    Dig the avatar and thanks for your support my friend:)

peace†

11. CRAP

CRAP

You have a nice collection of parts there. I am looking forward to the progress.

12. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thank you sir!

Well ...as all things have the ability to change and sometimes it's the direction of your hotrod build, I've decided to go a different route on this one!

I was very blessed and came across this yesterday and bought it off the Hamb classifieds this morning. Thanks once again Axle you rock, have a great time at VIVA this year ...stoked!

Here was the ad for the T Roadster PU below-

"I have an original unmolested 26/27 Ford Roadster Pick Up body and bed - all complete and together. This isn't some pieced together deal. The body and bed came off of a rolling bone stock T chassis about one year ago. Its a very solid California desert car. Comes with windshield, body, firewall, doors, hood, subrails, seat tray, original seat springs, dash, etc. Heck, the original steering column and what is left of the steering wheel is still there! The bed is complete as well, even the original wood strips . Tail gate is in good shape and still hinged to the bed. Even has the original T tailgate chains attached."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now i plan on selling the 38 Chevy Cab i have up in Santa Rosa sitting at a buddies house and now with all the sweet parts i've collected so far, I can build something a bit more on the traditional side, keep it Hamb friendly, and make my first build a bit easier on me:)

The plan now is putting this Roadster on 32 rails when i find some.

So here's the new direction, watcha think?

Grace and peace†
    cab

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome cab! You have all the ingredients to build a really cool hot rod. Love the the new score on the Pickup!

14. Excellent upgrade!!!

15. RichG

RichG

All I can say is wow! You've got the makings of a really nice rpu right there :)

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

Good score Bro.

17. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

nice score on the T body! i say channel it over the model A chassis you have, that would be badass, and with a flatty? oooh man that'll be one hell of a hot rod when its done!

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Wow!!! that RULES mr. Cab...can't beat a "Roadster-De-Cab" ...let me know if you need anything... i would love to help you find stuff if needed,...,,

Piero

19. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I was anxiously awaiting the coolness that is this build... now its just kicked up one peg on the meter. I like the direction change!

20. nice score cab!

21. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Delco shocks are hydraulic just like Ford Houdailles.

22. I dig the change in direction!

23. i'm diggin that way more

24. GARY?

GARY?

It already looks fun. Please keep us posted.

25. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Im digging the new plan

26. Sweet! I have one of those in the collecting parts stage myself. Oddly enough, I have to finish my '34 Chevy truck first. Let me know if you find any extra windshields along the way 'cause I need one.

27. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Awesome! Glad you decided to go with the RPU, in the end it will be much cooler!

28. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Cherry RPU body, check.
    Deuce rails, check.
    Flatmotor, check.
    Three pedals, check.
    Quickchange, check.
    OG Bomber seats, Check.
    Buckets o' STEEZ, check.

What a blessing man! I cant wait to start on this thing with you. I'd type more nonsense, but I have to go make room in the shop for this thing.

RAD.

29. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

I think the 26-27 T Roadster on 32 chassis is the ultimate hot rod, but you have to be able to fit into it (I've tried, and I'm too big). Hope you fit, and keep us posted.

30. Here's a better view of that blue one,Steve...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]