Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone see the HOT ROD magazine coverage of the HCPU 08?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnboy13, Jan 15, 2009.

1. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

I went to walmart to check it out tonight and they had the Feb. Issue and its not in that one,is it the Jan issue that its in?

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

march!:)

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Dude, I still think your wife could sell igloos to eskimoes!

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

OK, I finally got the issue last night. You guys are off your rockers! It's a very well-written article that sums up the 2 camps (traditional and rat rods), very well and does a decent job of describing the show. Sure, they got a few facts wrong, but they didn't fail the exam. If I didn't know a real hot rod from a piece of junk, I'd have a better idea now. As the author notes, hot rodding is changing constantly, so by the time ther rest of the rodding world finally figures out the terms, the latest trend will be upon them. I hope it's golf carts!

5. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

what he said.....couldn't agree more ....:cool:

6. I liked the coverage especially since they have a picture of me in it. On page 71 if you have a really good magnifying glass if you look down beside the white rail fence just behind the flamed 50 ford that is me sitting in the black chair holding up my cell phone. If any of you would like I will be available for autographs at a later date to be announced.
    Later,
    Dick

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

please be vans-
    please be vans-
    please be vans-
    please be vans-
    please be vans-:)

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

Now that's traditional! :)

9. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

my new years resolution is to quit being pissed and annoyed about the rat rod thing. its like a teacher being mad at a student for not knowing his abc's.. they are just uneducated people. lets all just continue to spread the gospel..:)

10. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

i was proud when i saw a pic of my club and my car. ratrod label or not.

11. I'm traditional, the cell phone is far from it. However my wife(ok I'm PW'd) won't let me go without it. Damned women. I didn't really say that did I?
    Later,
    Dick:)

12. hemi

hemi

yes!

13. AngRi

AngRi

A proud moment for me too - I'm on page 70 with my mild '57 Chrysler! I'm going to pick up another HRM to frame the article up in my garage!

WOW! :D

Can't really tell from the article if they stamped my car as trad or rat?

14. the thing that i found kinda funny is both articles hr and hrd were wrote by the same guy and the shorter hrd text didnt seem as underinformed but it was preaching to the converted

15. Tradrod51

Tradrod51

WOW! another educated person slamming a rat rod. Feel better now?

16. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Why thank you Joseph, you kids do a hell of a job down there. I have never missed one & never plan to. I have a ton of fun & there is always goodness.
    Who cares what some magazine calls the show or the cars or the people, we all know what's going on & that's what matters.
    Please keep up all the hard work & effort.
    Love Always,
    CheaterCarl

17. Wow...

I'm so traditional that I'll tell everyone Hot Rod magazine sucks so I can gain respect with all the internet trolling, non-car-building nerds, of an internet bulliten board.

Anyway...

Congrats on the national coverage. It was the first time I got to go to that show and I really dug it. And by the way. Whoever kept the dork with the 59 Chevy 4-door, that used a Saws-all to hack off his roof, from entering the show I thank you. Its garbage like that, which I've seen at plenty of shows, that would keep me from coning back. After seeing what was at the show, NOTHING can keep me from coming back.

Again... Great job on the show guys and congrats on the coverage :)