Register now to get rid of these ads!

Choosing a bead roller

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustomz, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Kustomz

Kustomz

2. kami-cozzi

kami-cozzi

depends on how much you actually plan on using it. ive only used lazze rollers or mitler brothers, but they're high dollar fab tools.

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

4. Retrorod

Retrorod

I like my Mittler bead roller. It might be a few $$$ more than some of the others but it is smooth and very stout, I expect it to last me a lifetime.

5. Stick004

Stick004
    from Missouri

totally off topic, But the comments above reminded me. The now Camping World Truck Series team owned by Mittler Bros (MB Motorsports) is about a half hour from my house.

MB makes most of the NASCAR shop tooling. You should see their place, its a couple old crappy buildings filled to the gills with their own state-of-the art equipment. And an in-house dyno. They are apparently the only team to still run their own shop built engines.

Anyways, great guys. But back to the topic...

6. manicmechanic

manicmechanic

7. brady1929

brady1929

8. Kustomz

Kustomz

I wonder if Pro Tool is no longer selling a kit? The link on their site for the kit is no good. Is the Pro Tool design fairly rigid without additional bracing?

9. I just called and asked, no more kit.

10. Brickster

Brickster

hands down the Lazzie one is the best and the most expensive.

11. Kustomz

Kustomz

Guess I should have specified I'm looking in the $500-600 range. Something decent to learn on.

12. Kustomz

Kustomz

Thanks Richard D. I have been kicking this one around trying to decide. I think it is exactly what I'm looking for.

13. wickedwill

wickedwill
    from eau claire

i am thinking about getting lazze bead roller or mittler bro's bead roller and i just got lazze's engish wheel to and i dont know what to get between the two bead rollers

14. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Go with the Lazze roller if you can afford it, and if you think you'll use it. I've got a Mittler Bros roller and it's nice, but does not even compare to the Lazze roller. Although Lazze is more than 5x the price of Mittler Bros., I still think the Lazze machine is a much better deal. You can do so much more with the Lazze machine and it comes with a ton of dies. Plus you can mix and match a lot of the dies to do a bunch of different things.

15. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

If you get his bead roller, pick up his bead roller book too.

16. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

I'm just a guy messing around in the garage and Im having fun with the Speedway one. Not to be "gay" but thanks to Kiwi Kev for the inspiration! Check out some of his threads on bead rolling.

Attached Files:

17. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

You can do the same thing with a Mittler Bros machine... I vote Mittler Bros. BEST customer service.
    [​IMG]

18. crs36

crs36
    from Alberta

These sure must be different machines than I ran in metal shop. Awesome work guy's,