Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buying parts in Europe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiki, Jan 21, 2009.

1. fiki

fiki

All You european guys...where do You get Your parts from? Except ordering from States...
    France, Germany, Sweden, Hungary etc.

Can You list some european companies, stores, distributors, dealerships etc. where You can get everything related to hot rods? Engine parts, tires, wheels, parts, paint, whatever...You know what I mean...
    Link, websites, phone numbers, any contact is welcome!

Thanks!

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

3. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

Do they even sell gasoline in Europe anymore? I thought the EU outlawed it because of global warmi.... i mean climate change.

4. fiki

fiki

Come on guys...anyone else with some info?
    All You sweds and brits...:D

5. motorpsycho

motorpsycho
    from Finland

www.morespeed.fi www.usparts.fi Those speedshops can handle to you want you want :) Sorry sites are only in finnish,but take contact by email and ask what you need.I think they shipping all over the Europe if need.Friendly services :)

6. Vinnie

Vinnie

7. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

What's wrong with buying parts directly in the US?
    Most parts-dealers overhere tend to rip you a new one with their insane mark ups sometimes.
    I don't mind supporting 'the little guy', but my wallet can only stretch sofar before I decide it becomes more intelligent to buy something myself.
    There are only a couple of companies (Dutch), that I know of, that charge normal currency-exchange and shippingrates, but that's because they mostly buy in bulk in the US so they can keep their prices normal overhere.

8. ukgav

ukgav

I have used namco. www.namcoautomotive.com
    Great to deal with and very helpfull. Keep many things in stock that others don't.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  9. I buy my parts directly from the US, a lot cheaper (incl. shipping) and the shipping is just as fast (or even faster sometimes :confused:). The only thing I buy from swedish dealers is stuff like oil filters, air filters, gaskets etc.

When it comes to tires, I'll buy them from a local dealer, shipping costs from the states would probably kill me.

10. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Yup,shouldn't be afraid to buy Stateside.In my experience its no more costly & very often quicker,especially for vehicle specific parts.
    Paul

11. aldixie

aldixie

I use to buy Stateside all the time when I was back home. Never had any problems and prices were a lot cheaper. Most of the time I didn't have to pay the import duty either.

12. fiki

fiki

Well I do have a problem that my country isnt in EU so rates are higher...I guess I will have to find out what actual costs are when I order something...some stores that I contacted dont even have my country listed in ordering form:p We will see...thanks all for info!

If someone has some more just shoot away! ;)

13. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

14. ems customer service

ems customer service

we sell direct to anyone in europe, ship there almost every day contact us by tel 1-216-541-4585 and fax 216-541-4989

15. There are a few good parts suppliers in England,and when you look at the price againstAmerican stuff it tempts you to order direct.But your in for a shock when shipping and import duty are added on.Over here the cost in dollars doubles by the time it lands at your door:eek:.Of course your hoping to order stuff no-one else has,but in honesty most stuff can be bought at an English supplier.

16. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

I ship early Olds parts worldwide as well as racecar parts
    We charge acual freight charges cause you guys already have to pay enough to get across those big ponds
    same with exchange rates

Tony

17. Fast_'Nel

Fast_'Nel
    from France

18. fiki

fiki

Thank You all for the info, links and everything...some of things here really made me see that it isnt that much of a problem finding stuff here in europe.