Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Model T and enclosed trailer OKC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vettes2, Jan 19, 2009.

1. vettes2

vettes2
    from OKC, OK

What I posted was the story from the OKC newspaper. It was sent to me by one of my car club members and he has 2 T's.

I emailed the Reporter of the article and asked him if there was any more info. Nothing yet. I live about 15 miles from where it was stolen, but I do not know the gentleman personally.

I will keep everyone updated.

2. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

3. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

4. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

Trailer theft is a pretty big deal. Not saying someone wouldn't intentionally steal a brass era T, but an enthusiast who would know what that was might have some respect and realize how difficult it would be to get rid of whole without raising flags in the T community. Good luck, sorry to hear about your misfortune

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I have been thinking of getting a trailer to store a car, but this type of theft is exactly the thought that has kept me from doing it so far. Perhaps the answer is to take the wheels off the trailer while the car is in it.

Good luck on this recovery, the story of this T and its history is incredible.

6. Thumper

Thumper

Bump ........I hope this is recovered and the thief........well........

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

This Deserves a bump to the top.. I would never want to see this happen to anyone.. I hope every thing works out.. for the BEST..

8. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Whats up in OKC first Cowboy Bob's rail now this poor guy.
    Hope the out come is the same as Bob's.
    Keep the faith!

9. cody repp

cody repp
    BANNED

make this a sticky

10. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Trailer theft is definitely on the rise, the contents are usually secondary. Hope he gets his car back......

11. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

I hate thiefs. Sure hope for recovery for you. I'll keep my eyes open. Never know when or where they show up.

Mike
    www.Customikes.com

12. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Thursday morning bump.

13. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

btt

14. mow too much

mow too much

15. drock6570

drock6570

BTTT- help this guy find his baby!!

16. If it hasn't surfaced by now, this is no ordinary "grab and go" deal. Someone knew what they were after and had a "customer" for it lined up. Unfortunately the car will either end up in a private collection out of the US or will be parted for another project.

Bob

17. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

it dont have to go out to the usa.... you can buy titles for these cars between 200 and 500usd

maybe its a idea to post some updated pics from the trailer and from
    t-ford make some posters and write on it reward... people always react faster if they see money... :mad:

18. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Probably across the border by now, Damn Canadians!

19. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

There was a guy in Norman a few years ago that had a Chevy Dually that had every type of ball, 5th wheel, trailer light attachment on this truck. He'd steal trailers and take them back to a yard and unload whatever was in/on them and was dealing in selling the trailers. The company I worked for got a 38' 5th wheel tailer and the big Bobcat that had tracks on it stolen. Well, this guy stole a sheriff or sheriff's deputy's boat and they got the helicopter out. Found this yard with dozens of boats sitting on the ground, bobcats, seadoos, etc. We lost our trailer but got the bobcat back before the insurance paid. I'm thinking that maybe the car is stashed somewhere till the heat dies down.

20. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Was this trailer secured? I had my car trailer stolen, but it wasn't secured enough - the thieves busted the small chain I had holding a piece of 4" channel I had secured over the tongue. And my neighbors didn't see or hear anything.

I now have both wheels secured to the frame under the trailer where even if they were removed from the hubs, they couldn't be moved out of the way to put another set of tires on. I have done this on BOTH sides, as well as putting a separate lock on the tongue.

21. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

Any update on the trailer or car?

22. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I'll look out at the Ft Worth swap meet for brass parts. Also there is the basically all antique swap meet in Decatur Tx in Feb. Everyone might keep a look out there.

23. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

SHAGGY... (Probably across the border by now, Damn Canadians!)

I take it you dont like Canadians..

LOL..
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

24. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Truly a sad story. Unfortunately, I doubt it will have a happy ending. Not much worse than a thief.

25. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

the eyes are open in the chicago area!

26. A 16' enclosed trailer generally isn't considered a car hauler by most people, but the Model T fits in one with room to spare. Trailer theft in Oklahoma is endemic, because the State of Oklahoma, in its infinite "wisdom" does not require non-commercial trailers under 10K GVW to be tagged OR titled! And, only recently, has it become even possible to voluntarily register a non-commercial trailer in the State. You can register the trailer for just $9.00 annually, but it will not have a title! Truly a goofy situation. The trailers that get stolen here often get repainted and resold, or leave the state altogether and end up in Tennessee or Georgia.

I sold trailers for several years in Oklahoma. The best way to store a large enclosed hauler (if you have the room) is inside an enclosed shop or warehouse, obviously. Next is to put the absolute best tongue lock you can afford on it, remove the wheels, tires,and lugnuts, and stash it that way.

I hate friggin' trailer thieves!

27. mow too much

mow too much

28. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

29. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Nothing caught my eye at the Fort Worth swap meet today but I will keep my eye open tomorrow, that is just crappy. I am very thankful for the pit bull I have with mine.

30. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I have a 160 lb Great Dane and a German Shepherd that let me know if anyone tries to get into the garage or house. I really don't want to know how much damage they can do to a person. Makes me cringe to think about it. Any way, I'll keep my eyes peeled here in ATX and I'll boot this back to the top.