Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who's Ride Is This & Does Anyone Have Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modelamac, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Well, there ya go....

2. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

The front end wont come down hard when it wheel stands if he keeps his foot in it! Hell there aint nothing safe once the engine lights.

3. Cymro

Cymro

[​IMG] Well it has to be a styling improvement over this! Cool cccccccccccchopped, channelled and shortened, part front and part rear doors used. Certainly looks the part.

4. Squablow

Squablow

Really? Damn, I'm so disillusioned right now. Next you're going to tell me that Dr. Dre never finished med school.

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

But Elvis was a real boxer right??!!:rolleyes: So someones gonna claim DrPhill really is a doctor next?......

6. nexxussian

nexxussian

Yeah and Bugs Bunny was really a Marine,..oh wait.

7. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

i guess im the only one who thinks it, so sorry but its real ugly.

8. hang em high

hang em high

This car is a side project of three guys with tri five gassers.Brian Tarter 55 (aka aces high car),Scott Webb 56 (aka mullins and buddo car),and Eric Murrell 57 (aka Mud). It's a 48 prefect (four door anglia british thing) that Scott had sitting in his garage. We dig vintage drag racing but also like driving our chevys alot so we thought if we all threw in we could build a 60s type drag show car that we couldn't afford otherwise. Money is tight so we've just been kinda baby steppin along over the last couple years. We do a little and take a break to keep our chevys rollin. So thats why it's taking so long. What i'm sayin is it's not done yet so relax, everythings gonna be alright. There seems to be some concern about the frame strength and our scientific engineered rocket fabricating skills and choices. But in all reality, it's just the stock frame that's been boxed and pinched a little. How many alglia drag cars have you seen with the wheels in the air? What about Ohio Georges gasser passer that didn't even have a boxed frame and the bigger motor sat alot more forward?

9. hang em high

hang em high

My first day on the hamb so if i figure out how to post some pics i will. I've got a lot of pics of the from stage one on. It's a far cry from what we started with and it's been alot of fun. We had no idea what it was gonna look like before we cut it into many little pieces. Many nights of vodka and redbull welding and chopping and bleeding until the morning. Sure it looks dangerous, thats the appeal to vintage drag cars, thats why they're cool. I drive old cars every day year round. We drove our chevys 5 hours on the hwy to the hot rod reunion. Slicks, open headers, two fours, stiff clutch, 4.11 gears, 4000 rpm, no heat, no windshield wipers, no power brakes, no power steering. And we just drove em to the autorama in cincy (about 40 min on hwy) in the snow! So we're not afraid to blow this thing into the wall when the time comes. At least there's no urban people on cell phones on the strip. Hope to have it runnin this spring. 283,13.1 ,alcohol, camel humps,powerglide. We don't even have greasy hair and rockabilly tattoos to protect us. Maybe we will get killed!

10. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Looks like a Hell of a lot of fun to me. :cool:

11. brandon

brandon

oh god , that stuff is worth probably 2 seconds and 15 mph in the quarter:D might be time to tip the can

12. Cool lil' car. Should be a wild ride!

I expect a 1000 word essay and pics after ya run it. :D

13. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

I'm so Rockabilly my dick has side burns. :D

14. modelamac

modelamac

You know, I started this thread... not to have others rag on this cars design or to give there opinions on safety or engineering!

I started because I think this car is one of the coolest most original cars I've seen in a long time!

This whole hobby or lifestyle or what ever you want to call it is about individuality! and that is exactly what this car shows!!!!

everyone keeps saying "oh it's dangerous" or "that frame isn't safe" well you know what.... who cares!!!! 1) is it your car.... NO! 2) will you ever get the chance to drive it... NO! 3) do you have one, or have you ever built one... probably not!
    I know this makes me sound like an ass but you know what, Sorry.

I got a reply from Hang em high who is connected to this car... and he states...3 guys got together and "we thought if we all threw in we could build a 60s type drag show car" and "the cars not done."

anyway how safe is anything? you know! I mean hell how many of us are running down the road everyday with an 80 year old Model A frame that is boxed or even un-boxed, pushing hundreds of more horse power than was intended for it and think nothing about it!
    Is that safe?

I do it! Hell I just blasted my 33 chevy 5 hours up a highway to the pile up, with a big block around 400hp, 4 speed, 4:11, was it safe... who knows... who cares!!! Did I have fun? HELLLLL YESSSS!

You can't live forever... Hell who wants too.... So you might as well have fun!!

So if you think this car is cool, like I do.... Then Great!
    If you think your car the coolest thing around... Then Great!
    And you know what...if you don't think this car is cool... well that's your opinion... but don't rag on these guys idea of what they think is cool! because at the end of the day, it's their's and they will do what they want!!!!

Now that I'm off of my soapbox!!! Send me some photos of this car damn it!!!

15. modelamac

modelamac

Thanks to Corngrower32... I finally got to talk to Brian... one of the guys who is building this car.
    Super good dude... and after talking with him, he cleared up a lot of the questions about the car and the chassis.

The car is as safe as any drag car can be... it is actually using the stock Anglia/Popular frame it has only been stretched and pinched a small amount.

the car as I suspected is more of an optical illusion... brian told me that if you get to looking at the car the engine is actually setting where the trans sat in the original car the frame is the stock frame that came under the car, the body has been cut down not only in length but in width... which in turn makes the front of the car look like it's sitting way out there.

so the car is not only COOL! it's SAFE! or as safe as a going 150mph down a drag strip with your eyes bugged out and hair on fire can be!

Anyway... brian sent me more photos... I asked if it was ok to post them with this thread and he said sure... so here they are.

I think once you see these photos you will have a new respect for the car and will be as excited as I am about it.... I can't wait to see the finished product!!!!

I think this car is what the H.A.M.B. and this traditional Hot Rod movment is all about! If I didn't know any better I'd think this car is right out of 1962!!!!!

More photos ENJOY!

Attached Files:

16. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Well put Modelamac!

If you think this car is cool, you should see Brian SHREAD A GUITAR!!:D

Fu#kin NAAARRRLY!!!

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Whew. Good news. I sit corrected. Gary

18. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

It's got style and attitude. These cars are for entertaining the owner, driver and whoever happens to watch it make a pass. I like it.

19. hang em high

hang em high

are you ready for shawtime?!

20. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Jack Daniels, Fire, Jack, trains, Jack, Fifties, Jack, bigger fires, jack, burnouts, jack, hole shots, jack, FULL PASSES DOWN THE ALLEY... CRASH! ..then repeat.:D

Shawtime = Jailtime (They put me in there with "Outlaw mother fu@ker" if you remember correctly)

21. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Sounds like my wedding night....VIVA-LA WHISKEY!

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I wanna drive it !!!.......I really like it..............I like the frame.........the whole package looks light and fast once dialed in...it has more character than a Digger....Littleman

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  23. OCTANE ORPHAN

OCTANE ORPHAN
    from Ohio

A freind of mine once siad... "Fuck it brother, sometimes you just gotta be an Outlaw!" With that being said, That car is Badass! Good job Tartersauce. Hammer Hank

24. SteadyT

SteadyT

Beautiful, and I wouldn't think twice about driving it. Even if it weren't certified, I would rather die in that thing than a cancer ward.

25. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

GOD DAMN!! I haven't heard that "call" in a while!! That made me smile.

Damn good story behind those words of wisdom.. I've even heard of a select few Black shirt wearing hoodlums that Swore an oath to live by it..

But hey,,, HEY!!! "Fuck it brother, sometimes you just gotta be an outlaw"

BSM for life.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread.

JD

26. ratster

ratster

i dig it. makes me want one

27. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

HELL YES..............I'm at a loss for words :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

28. hang em high

hang em high

friend of mine once said, some talk shit and some do shit and we're both. there's a dead guy in the pool, by the way

29. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Yeah, and something about a broken mirror and bad luck?

anyone still have pics of that dead guy we found in the pool?

30. I thought it looked like a dodge or plymouth late 30s 4 door? Anyone know?