Register now to get rid of these ads!

59-60 Chevy dashes in other cars pic request!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Jan 16, 2009.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

I am thinking of putting a 59 chevy dash I have in my 47 ford sedan,just wondering if anybody has any pics of these dashboards in cars other than 59-60 chevys !

2. 33Tudor

33Tudor

There was a 30(I think) Chevy sedan at our Rod Run about 2 years ago with a 59 Chevy dash in it. I'll try to find a picture and post it.

3. missysdad1

missysdad1

Here's a nice adaptation that's in the Chevy/Terraplane pickup owned by Tom Potts of Texas. It's featured in the current issue of Rebel Rodz Magazine. I'm sure he won't mind my sharing it with you. :)

Attached Files:

4. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

is there ACTUALLY a magazine called REBEL RODZ????????...hahahah,,,,too funny..

5. Here's one I put in a 48 Chevy AD

Attached Files:

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I saw a pic of one in a '60-'66 Chevy truck. It might have been on the huge thread here. Looked DAMN good.

-Brad

7. hotrod51

hotrod51

Here's mine....47 Chevy PU 47 Chevy94.JPG

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Dis you make it a bolt in or is it welded in?

9. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

Imo,whatever you do try not to lose the original guage lenses... they are really cool with the indent, and silver bullet in the center

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looks good...I am a little worried about it taking up too much interior space, but it looks great in your truck.

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Lol thats the main reason I want to use it (besides how cool they are) , all my guages are complete and in good shape, since this is a real lobuck build it would save me some good coin buyin aftermarket guages, since the original cash outlay for the entire dash was $25. already removed from the car :D

12. I bought a firedamaged 60 caddy with the dash and interior burnt out. actually I found this car after trying to find a car to use the windows in
    from the 60 impala that I had and was parting out. While I knew the windshield would fit I was pleasantly suprized to find the dashs' were the same shape also. The caddy dash was bolted in, the chevy dash was spotwelded. After cutting out the caddy dash mounts I clamped in the chevy dash and tacked it in. If you didn't know better you'd think it belonged there. actually I prefer the chevy dash over the caddy's because its much cooler looking with those 50's space age gauge pods...
    This dash has drawn more attention from people recognizing it for what it is than I would of ever belived. Really, I mean a lot of people have marveled at it and inquired about it, except there was this one guy........He told me that it was a 59 chevy dash in my car, and I told him it was a 60. He told me that I didn't know what the f*#k I was talking about because he had a 59 chevy and knew thats what it was. I tried explaining to him that 59 and 60 chevys had the same dashboard, at which point he refused to accept my answer and was about to go to blows about it. some people...
    If you want to see pics of it, check out the caddy pics on my profile, I have pics of the installation in progress, but would have to make another album for those. All I have left to do is come up with a speedo cable to fit..and I found a cheap little 2" tach from harbor freight tools that should fit right in one of the smaller pods. it lights up about 6 different colors...Well see if I put it in someday... Good day.

Attached Files:

13. 64krusty

64krusty

Anyone ever put one in a Shoebox Ford? I think that dash would look good in just about any car.

14. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

saw one ar streetrod nationals okc..in a 49 hudson..sweet .he was from okemah okla.no picks computer crashed and lost files.

15. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

I am glad you showed me this, I was wondering if the chevy dash would fit in my Caddy. I think the chevy dash looks way better than the plain Caddy ones any day:D

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

It does look great, really cool way to save a burnt Caddy!

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

BTT Anymore pics??

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

One more try for some more pics!!:D

19. hotrod51

hotrod51

It's welded. Narrowed 5" in the center, removed the wrap-arounds and cut 2" off of each end.

20. Here's a pic of a shortend 56 dash in a old model A. I thought it was pretty cool, Other than that would you like to see a 60 chevy dash in a 59?

Attached Files:

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

LOL I am lookin for a 55-56 dash to put in my old 48 Dodge sled...when it was orig customized they cut the dash out and replaced with a square piece of steel bent up on a brake, damn ugly!:p

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well I did finally do the 59 swap into my 47 Ford a few months back...9" outta the middle and 2" off each end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Squablow

Squablow

I have a '59 Impala dash cut out to use in my '53 Ford car for just the same reason, they're great looking. Bonus that all of the gauges will work on my 348 and with 12 volts where as my old ones will not.