Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Indy h.a.m.b. January meet & greet!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Jan 4, 2009.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Sparkles, Your car was missing a wheel completely the that last time I saw a picture of it. I thought you were running three wheels and one cinder block as a way to rebel against quadrawheeled vehicles everywhere?

2. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Just go to K-Mart and get a new one, geeze! You have a week to get it fixed!

What do you need to get it fixed?

3. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I forgot to mention that in addition to a wobbly wheel, I have no windows or a top and I'm a big pansy.

4. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

OK, I forgot about the no top or windshield. That would be a pretty cold ride for an hour down I70 with no top or side glass.

5. 33pickemup

33pickemup

6. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

keepin it vertical...

7. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i'm gonna send my buddy Jimmy over if he can make it, he just moved to Indy (fireman). Johnny Sparkle knows him... i'll be in Chicago for Hot Rod 101 or i just might have made the drive.

8. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

runnin up the flagpole... hope to see everyone there. It's not like you'll be missing a colt's game.

9. Violator

Violator

I have had several call and tell me about sunday I'll be there.

10. Racer12

Racer12

Hey guys, I was goin' to bring my kids by to check out some real American steel. Do you think there will be very many cars with it being so cold out? Just wondering cause they aren't quite as interested in works in progress as I am.

Thanks,

Bob

11. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I cant tell you guys how much I'd like to be there, but I'm having a little health issue right now. [prostate infection]

There's a small chance,,, actually a tiny chance it'll clear up and I can make it, but if it doesn't, there's no way I could do 2 1/2 hours in a car to be there... But we shall see.

Take good care of the 'ole prostate fellers!!!!!! It's hell when it dont work right :eek:

12. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

My son and I plan on being there.
    Ol Blue

13. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

i have it on good authority that the studebaker will be there. what a great time to top the mileage from last year...hell just one of the trips i plan will put me at the 5000 mark once again!!!!!

14. I would be on some cars being there. Obviously not as many open cars but there should be some there. :cool:

15. Violator

Violator

ill be there in the gasser

16. msuguydon

msuguydon

I am calling Big Mike tomorrow morning... I would love to be there.. but its a hell of a drive from Tampa...

17. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

change of plans joint clutch didnt get the driveshaft made for me yet soooo the studebaker wont be there but the caddy will

18. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Guys, I just stumbled across this thread. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it due to a previous commitment, but I hope to see all of you at the Road Rockets Autorama 62 show in February. I will be there with the Roadster and Dragster again this year. Please come up and introduce yourself.

Ride Safe.
    Bill Bronson

19. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Can't get anybody around here to Commit, So Peg and I will slide in driving the Scion...

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I will be heading over there.

21. Yo Kats, I just sent "Miss Patty" to get me the fix'ins for some of
    "Speedwagen's COMMODE :eek: GRENADES " baked beans.
    HazmatSymbol.jpg
    I'll bring the beans you bring the baby wipes :cool:

disclaimer-Speedwagen assumes no responsibility for any temporary or permanent physical or emotional injury due to the ingestion of
    "COMMODE GRENADES".

The surgeon general warns that elderly people (like Terry E.) and small children are at risk of possible digestive system melt down from the a fore mentioned beans. Pregnant or soon to be pregnant women should be aware that possible birth disorders are possible from these beans.
    The children born to Mothers that have been exposed to these beans have exhibited extremely large cranial development, as exampled below.

This disorder is known as "BUBBA Syndrome" and is extremly rare, but real.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  22. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Nice snow coming down! I've got beer, food, LARRY, and a camera...
    I'm headed that way.

23. tiresmoke!

tiresmoke!

Scooby...

was nice to meet ya....."Larry" was a real treat.

My pile is a little too "new" to necessarily fit in with the rest of the gang, but I'm still as much a rodder as any.....i keep eyeballing that Jimmy-6 in the corner with the "mailbox" scoop every time I walk in that shop.

Gives me bad thoughts...LOL

Bubba, thanks for a great time, will be by to see ya soon with my distributor.

24. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Thanks everyone for coming out today. It was great to see everyone and Larry thanks you for the 80 or so hot dogs he ate today, plus the sleeve of crackers, the chili, the moon pie, the two or three bags of tortilla chips, pear salsa, cheese, cake, and whatever else he ate today.

I only had one complaint...
    SPEEDWAGEN! What the hell did you put in those beans?!?!?!?!?!?! We wondered if that was just a pan of hot dogs and mace or if this was supposed to be food? I ate ONE spoonful and I haven't been able to make a tear, saliva, or bead of sweat in the last three hours and I have what might be a permanent halitosis like a buffalo shit in my mouth. I'm also afraid to fart until I'm either outside and naked or until I can find nomex underwear. I'm not sure what it is we did to you to cause you to bring those beans but whatever it was WE ARE SORRY!!!

The good news is that there is enough energy in one bean to power my car for a week if I can only figure out a way to harness it.
    Other than that, it was very nice to meet you.

25. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I had a good time. Great to see everyone for while. Thanks to Scooby and Jim for having us.

As fun as it was, it just wasn't quite the same not freezing my ass off in Scoob's garage this year.

26. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

[​IMG]

And I missed all the fun....... :(

27. KatsAss

KatsAss

Thanks to Bubba's(and Uncle Scooby :) ) for another great meet and greet! Given the recent weather, I really need a car fix...

-KatsAss.

28. [​IMG]

Man the meet and greet was a GAS for sure. Thanks to all!

Yo Unk, be sure to remember me tomorrow when you hit the throne :D

29. SpeedJunkee

SpeedJunkee
    Alliance Vendor

Had great time, thank god I didnt eat any beans.........lol

30. tiresmoke!

tiresmoke!

I didn't get to the beans unfortunately....but damned if that chili ain't workin' it's magic on me in it's place!

good people, good eats, bitchin' cars.....spring just can't get here soon enough.