Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rockford Illinois Area - HAMB on the Rocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TudorJeff, Dec 16, 2008.

1. I had a good time meeting some new folks and catching up with some others too. Jeff, thanks and I'll be doing my dangest to maket he next one.

Mr & Mrs Evil Clown, good to meet you both.
    bobwop, nice to meet you as well.
    oldbobsign, I enjoyed listening to your stories and talking a bit; you make me want to dig out my Mack brushes and some One Shot and give striping another try.

A good time, some good food, and good conversation about cars; what more is there to life?

I

2. TO bad Bob because of your Felony Child Enticement conviction you No longer have the right to vote ! should have never offered her candy LOL

3. Thanx Jeff for puttin this together. I had a real good time. Maybe Christina can come the next time!

Derby - You gotta bring Pat in February so we can talk about our "Stashes".

We are going to try to get more SW Hamb and Eggers to come along. Will see if we can get the TV celebrities (Tiger Mark and Diamond49) to come with us.

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

at least the children I entice are girls!!!!:D

5. Great job Jeff!!! What a tremendous turnout!! A nice location, good food, unbelievable service and Guinness!!!!

It was nice to put names (even if assumed) to faces.

It was a pleasure to meet evil clown and mrs clown. Also bobwop, johnboy13 and Hank Streator.

Nice finally talking with oldcarmike. I've met him several times but only ever had time for a quick hello. I never knew you dabbled with striping....hell yeah get out the Mack!!!!

Zig Zag Wanderer, thanks for bringing the old mags and books. You got any duplicates to trade?

Nice gabbing with AA/Fuel34fordpu and his posse. Von Hartmann, I had NO idea you were a sign painter until today, we gotta talk next month!!!

Thanks so much Jeff - you done good!!!!

6. In your defence.....you thought all of them were girls!

7. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

thanks to Jeff for organizing this meet & greet. i met some great folks there and everyone there was gracious and welcoming. looking forward to the next one

8. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

oldbobsign, the pleasure was mine. pm me with a wish list, then i can do the same.

9. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Zig Zag Wanderer I had a great time talking about gassers with you and your Henery J project......

10. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

AA/Fuel34fordpu i enjoyed the shit out of talking to you and Von Hartmann too; was it the henry j (featured in Popular Hot Rodding in the '70's) that i mentioned that you guys went looking for again?

11. t5stang91

t5stang91

dam i just saw this i would have went for sure.

12. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Put a post on SW Chicago HAMB and EGGS, but to keep you guys in the loop,going to Drag Expo saturday, and while there I'll set up the meet at Byron for us.

13. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

CooL!!!

14. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

So February is well underway already and some of us have experienced a little of a thaw. Still, there was a lot of interest in having another HAMB on the Rocks and everyone seemed to like the last venue in January... so I just got off the phone with the Firehouse Pub in Roscoe and set the date.

The February edition of HAMB on the Rocks is set for noon on Saturday, February 21st, 2009 at the Firehouse Pub in Roscoe, IL.

I will update the first post of this thread again and post it on the HAMB social group. I really had an awesome time at the last meet and hope to see everyone who came last time as well as some new folks.

Oh, I also looked into taking a tour of the auto museum there in Roscoe, but they are not open until this summer. If we can gather a larger group (20-30), we could possibly arrange a private tour in the next month or two.

And not that I am a competitive guy or anything, but my buddy Da Tinman down in Springfield had 19 attend their last meet so it would be great if we increased our attendance from last month's 16 folks. Not that he and I enjoy one-up-ing each other.... and not that they had weather in the 60's... nothing like that. :)

Joking aside, it will be great to see you all again next weekend!

-Jeff

15. johnboy13

johnboy13

I'll see you then.

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

17. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Sounds great, but I unfortunately won't be able to make this one. I'll catch up with all of you at the next one though! :D

18. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Al we'll miss you and the wife. Hey put together that super secret garage crawl you were telling me about and we will move the meet to madison for a month.

19. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Jeff,

I can probably arrange that, but it would have to be after the owner gets back from warmer climates, maybe April or May?

20. calander marked...should make this one...

21. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Sounds cool Al! I'm afraid it's gonna start to be hard to squeeze in a meet around here this summer but we will definitely try to make that tour work.

22. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I get ahold of VonFartmen:) I think we'll make it......

23. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Well Jeff I hope to make this one. (as long as we are not working on that sat.) Maybe going to this will help get rid of the winter blues. LOL Yea I got a lil more interest again since I fired up the 46 and took the 33 around the block yesterday. YAHOO felt good. :)

24. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Might be able to make this one.

25. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Awesome Scott, me and da boys been thinking about you... hope to see you there.

26. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

27. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Bump for the start of the week.. it's this coming Saturday!

28. wc chopper

wc chopper

I should be able to make this one. Hockey is over for my kids so I can have saturdays back.

29. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Yep i am planning on this one. I got a lot of catching up to do.