Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 Speed with OD Floor Conversion Mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55ChevyArmyKat, Jan 17, 2009.

1. 55ChevyArmyKat

55ChevyArmyKat

:confused:I have a 3 Speed OD tranny on the column with the 4 bolt side cover. I know that Hurst makes the Mastershift kits to convert to floor shifter, but i cannot find any information about if it would work with my tranny. Does anyone out there have any idea's on this? Is there a Bracket and mounting kit that would work with my OD tranny for the conversion? Also, what shift kit would i need to mate with any brackets would work with my OD tranny? I'm trying to do this research while i'm deployed so i can have the kit before i get back home and do the conversion. Thanks:confused:

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

The mount is the only real difference. It's clearanced for the solenoid. The shifter is same for all applications, mount bracket, rods & hardware by specific car. The brackets aren't too tough to build with the right tools.

3. 55ChevyArmyKat

55ChevyArmyKat

my concern is, the mounting of the Mastershift kit from Hurst is good for standard 3 speeds but with the OD there is the housing difference with the approx. 1 inch addition for where the OD solenoid sits. is there pre fab mounts out there? or would i have to make em?

4. Herdez

Herdez

[​IMG]

Heres a photo of one with a floor shifter. I found this when I had the same concerns. Instead I used a later 3 speed Muncie from a 68 69 Chevelle SS. Stronger anyway.

Not sure but I think only the linkage might be the problem. In this photo they ride over the top. The Hurst looks like they ride under which is in the way of where the solenoid is located. Hope this helps some what...

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Try "Satanherself" on here; always selling Hurst shifters/parts. Butch/56sedandelivery.

6. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

That is the correct set up ( Mystery Shifter ) The rods are over top to clear the solenoid . Rods will be longer than a NON OD simply because the length is longer due to the OD section.

7. 55ChevyArmyKat

55ChevyArmyKat

you've all been a great help, i think i've definatly made my decision, and our friend on here is going to assist me, so when i get back home i'll be able to tinker around a bit before coming back to iraq. Satanherself, i will be contacting you later to start setting up payment arrangements. thanks

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Also as I had a PM about these.. Hurst made ( made as in, back in the 60's ) Shifter kits for these OD's as well

49-51 Ford Lincoln Merc
    58 Chevy
    52 Ford
    56 57 Ford
    58 Ford
    and 62 Ford