Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many of your jobs are not car related???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt55bc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

I am a Delivery Service Manager at ABC Supply Co. Inc. for these:

[​IMG]
    We load your roof. (Roofing, Windows, Gutters, and other home exteriors)
    [​IMG]

2. I was an electrician's helper then electrician during HS & college

I then spent 20+ years in Information Technology, specializing in data centers with a two-year break to be a professional firefighter / fire instructor at Naval Air Station - Glenview (IL)

I am currently the Project Manager for Facilities and Construction for a medium-sized hospital.

Working with cars for a living is still a job I would like to do, given the right circumstances.

3. mainly build furniture and do upholstery for a pontoon boat manufacturer, although it's one of those small family-owned places where one is expected to be able to cover other depts when needed.now you know why my stude has folding bass seats in it.

4. easyrider47

easyrider47

Retired locomotive engineer here. ( I pulled trains, hahahaha)

5. RichG

RichG

It depends on where you work, really. Pretty much a way of saying industrial mechanic/fabricator/designer/all-around-go-to-guy. My father-in-law was a millwright, and I count quite a few among my friends. Good people to be friends with, they usually can fix/build just about anything.:D

6. charkol

charkol

production welder for cat and john deere right now ..... but I make it car related bike related ha ha suckers

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I'm a medical oxygen man. But I want to be a river boat captain like Kenny. He's my idol.

8. Truckedup

Truckedup

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bet you scrub the hell out of your hands before going to work!!:eek::D

10. ian

ian

Im a Respiratory Care Practioner.

...and yes! i scrubs my hands for what seems like hours on end before coming to work. haha.

11. snelson57

snelson57

Mechanical Engineer. I work as a manufacturers representative (territory sales) for a about 10 companies that make components that go into large trucks, lawn and garden, powergen, const and ag equipment, etc.

12. Caddyq

Caddyq

Natural Gas Power plant opperator. The best part : 55 acres and free vehicle storage!

13. MissPrint

MissPrint

English Teacher and Free Lance Writer . . .bartending/waitressing on side to help pay the bills and for my car obsessions. . .;)

14. MCM

MCM

I used to do that too, totally jacked up my knees from pulling those tanks up and down stairs all the time. Worker's Comp made them put me through vocational rehabilitation, and they ended up paying for me to go to graphic design school. At the time, I thought it was pretty much the worst thing that ever happened to me, but in the end it all worked out great and now I'm having a good time doing something I really enjoy for a living...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  15. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Industrial/commercial construction inspector. Making sure that sub contractors are abiding by their submittals in quality, product and constructing and fabricating per approved contract documents.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  16. h0twired

h0twired
    from Winnipeg

I work in IT.

Specializing in Network Security. Keeping the Chinese from hacking into our networks one day at a time.

17. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I Drive a Cement Mixer ,and when its slow in the winter I play in my garage.

18. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

Union heli arc welder

19. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Project Manager - Designing Communications Installations for the Uk MoD (DoD) supporting our Troops and proud of it.

20. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

I've been in the hot rod parts business from the womb.

sorry, I guess that's not not car related. I also raise children.

21. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

never thought of getting out of the automotive industry, i was thinking the other day, for the last 10 years ive spent nearly all my time awake on the net, in the shower, leaning over a car or driving a car, maybe 20 hours of that time has been spent watching tv and another 20 hours watching live bands.

22. i'm a master mechanic for heavy and lite duty trucks,,,work at a TA truck stop...shop lead, overlap the day and afternoon shift...great hours....commision shop, some days suck, some days i make an obscene amount of money...like in this sub-zero temps...but these are also the worst times to be working on them..shop doors are always going up and down, so it iss always cold...that and it's like huggin an iceburg when they come in, them mothers are colder then the air temp ...it's close 1.8 miles one way, i don't have to be there till 10 am, can stay and work past 6 pm as long as i want...summer it's great, when it's hot i spend my days making tons on the ac jobs...did i forget to mention, i generally pass all the dumb shit work to the younger guys, then go make sure they got it right..its great!!!!:cool::cool:...i'm also a cetified mercruiser wrench, and here by lake erie i have tons of side work if i want it........

23. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

sorry, car related, been a wrench for GM dealers for 22 years [15 as an ASE master tech]. upside, my tool bill is down to $350!!

24. swazzie

swazzie

I used to be a chef and woke up one day and bam ! I'm still a chef . so I get work when everyone else plays . Miss alot of car shows , meets and other special events in my life but hey I'm lucky enough to have a job I love . I know alot you fellas are doin shit you don't want to be doin and I truly feel for ya . Count my blessings . When I'm not making other people happy , I still get to be the deviant hotrod fag I've always been . If my customers only knew.LOL . um o.k. I talk too much ....swaZZie

25. bubba69

bubba69

My job helps my car building but has nothing to do with cars. I am a machine shop supervisor of a manufacturing company. The job has its perks like having my machinists make all my brackets and stuff.

26. havi

havi

I can relate to that, lol. Someday he might return the favor, lol.

27. i build fences, do some blacksmithing, and i work on guns.

28. SS350Sport

SS350Sport
    from Utah

Business Systems Analyst (BSA) I support an Electrical SCADA system for PacifiCorp, a large western power utility.

29. Abomination

Abomination

Dude, even after the apocalypse you'll have job security! :D

~Jason

30. First job out of the Army was as a computer programmer. Hated it and everyone since has been in the performance automotive aftermarket. Been happy as a pig in shit.