Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wtf is this? Dual cowl windshield?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cody repp, Jan 16, 2009.

1. cody repp

cody repp
    BANNED

wtf is this? .. rear winshield for a 20's dual cowl car? the top edge of the glass is beveled. and there is hinges on the back(picture 3)

Attached Files:

2. cody repp

cody repp
    BANNED

more pictures

Attached Files:

3. Squablow

Squablow

My first thought would be there would be two of these, one on either side, of an old boat, like 1930's mahogany era. Doesn't seem wide enough to be a stand alone windshield and I don't see the point of individual windshields on a second cowl. No proof though.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I think it is a car dual cowl windshield. But not an expert on these and Squablow has as much chance being right as me.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

We need some overall dimentions, if they are short they could be sedan door window windwings. Early cars didn't have vent windors and these would allow the window to be rolled down and block air from racing in.

6. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i had a 29 hudson phaeton once that had fold up windshields for the rear passengers.not wuite dual cowl but a good substitute..could be???

7. Squablow

Squablow

Here's a Chris Craft with that style windshield. Not sure if this pic is going to work, I'll try.
    [​IMG]

8. cody repp

cody repp
    BANNED

heres some measurements
    sw tach 056.jpg

sw tach 058.jpg

9. CODY,,,, Are you still messing around with that Cowl Windshield? I picked up a car out of Paso 50 years ago off of Questa Grade. It was a 4 door conv. It has Reciever brackets located on the rear of the drivers seat bulkhead, to accomidate a devider glass, That I beleave should have wind wings. I still have the Car today. It's A 1941 Buick Roadmaster.
    Far Fetched But !!!
    Russ S.L.O.