Register now to get rid of these ads!

WESTERN PA GUYS... Ist Annual Hobo Burn Barrel Spectacular

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flop, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Flop

Flop

dont kno how many people are bringing out the old cars but it should still be a good time to be had!!!!

2. If the O is still around, I very well may be coaxed to take the 5-hour drive out to punish my gastrointestinal tract with a pile of fries bigger than my head!

3. Flop

Flop

10 hours is a hell of a trip for some fries and metting some new guys into cars haha!!!!

high of 21 saturday

4. 31whitey

31whitey

Its shit like this that REALLY makes me miss Pittsburgh.

People are do'ers in that city....dont give a fuck just go for it.

sucks there taking the shop... but that road is nuts

5. Flop

Flop

ya theres a wreck every other day and they are usually badd!!

closer closer closer

6. how about a pre-show pic? i don't know, just pick something cool:cool:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  7. Flop

Flop

heres one for the warm weather guys
    what ya get to go out ot in the morning!

[​IMG]

8. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

It is a great idea, but I think you should hold out for a colder day... The 18 degrees high they are calling for might be too warm for me... Just kidding ,,Have a great time..

9. Well, considering they're calling for a high of 6 at my place on Saturday, Pittsburgh is sounding like a tropical paradise!

10. Flop

Flop

TOMoRROW!!!

11. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

Whitey with the rat motor Chevy? I know him to see him but he is at all the local cruises and I love that car! I wonder how fast that thing is. High tomorrow is somewhere around 20 somethin so not bad! Now if this were in Erie, PA you could drive your old car there...snow just never gets plowed there is so much so not too much salt! Least in the boonies its just snow covered.

12. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

So tomorrow is the day and we'll have 6 or 8 of us from Wheeling, WV and Blaine, Ohio making our way over..... looking forward to it.

13. Flop

Flop

well if anyone has any problems getting there you can call me
    412 867 1659
    also it is the second entrance/driveway to the industrial park

14. snow really does pile up on the streets here, but it is salteeeeeeeeey. my daily looks like a salt lick. have fun guys. i will be in the area next week for an old bicycle swap meet in butler. hopefully i can be at the gaslight anthem show in march, too.

15. Ice man

Ice man

Dang, it ALMOST makes me wan't to leave winter in the Islands to join in. I do remember the burn barrells, but ain't seen them in a long while. O well it was a nice dream, cause i don't want snow unless its on TV. Ha. And salt we have, its in the water. Enjoy, but I will be thinking about you guys. Ice man

16. Flop

Flop

-2 whos ready for a party!!!!???

17. Sorry, I'm out. Had to deal with my frozen pipes yesterday, now dealing with my in-law's frozen pipes today. Sad.

18. So, what did I miss?

19. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Well it's over now and a good time was had by all....
    Thanks Sacred Pistons for a great night, good food, good drink, and best of all a bunch of great people. Very cold but the burn barrels were oh so welcome, that's why they call it "Hobo Burn Barrel Spectacular"
    Thanks guys and next year a different place and time!
    I did get some pictures so I'll attach them, kind of dark but you'll still be able to see some cool stuff.
    Thanks again!:cool:

Attached Files:

20. Ice man

Ice man

Yea when you guys get up in the morning, you got snow everwhere, I got Banana leaves to deal with, does any one feel bad for me. I remember back in the 60s living in the Rocks, it was 18 below, and my daily was a 30 coupe, all stock. The starter would spin but would not connect to the flywheel. Had to crank it. One lift and she was running, Only had the manifold heater, Wow it was cold. Had to drive from West Park (Stowe Twp) to Elliott, even with gloves my hands were bout to fall off.I was the first one at work, and had to plow out the parking lot. Cold as a step mothers kiss. Ice man

Attached Files:

21. Flop

Flop

well thanks to the guys from ohio for coming over and everyone else that did. it was sumthing different had abut 55 to 60 people show up .pretty good for a first time deal i would say and totally different then anything else i have ever been to. when dark hit 4 inches of snow fell out of the sky so that in turn turned into drunken sled riding !!!:eek:

probably about 10 or 15 hamb guys i cant remember names to much apple cider!!!

pictures from me tomorrow!!

and thanks again to the guys that came and made it a good time!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  22. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Looks like a great time....maybe next year for me and the guys from Somerset....
    Any idea where your new digs will be located?