Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 chevy 4 door - need more ideas!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomRust, Jan 15, 2009.

1. KustomRust

KustomRust

As you can see in the photo's below, I got a 1952 chevy 4 door...I have lowered it ...new white walls couple of other things. Only paid 2300 for car so I got some beans to spend...Trying to go old school rat roddish with this thing...ideas are welcome and needed. Photo at night wa staken this past week on a test run with Vacuum leak problem...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spot_remover

Spot_remover

if your going "rat roddish" break out the sanding disks and rust and break out some glass that always does the trick.... Did you mean hot roddish??

3. John Denich

John Denich

Leave it the way it is now.....It looks perfect dont fuck it up by rat rodding it!!!!!! Just drive it!

4. KustomRust

KustomRust

Yes hot roddish...but want to go a little more period correct...Lead Sled type shiznet.

5. rick finch

rick finch

Welcome!:) Now for the bad news, do not use the term Rat on this forum!:mad: We find that offensive and if you are for sure leaning that way with a very nice car, get the hell off this board!!!!!!!!:p Have a nice day!:)

6. KustomRust

KustomRust

Message received Rick...message well received...still need help...hahaha what next...I guess I should have asked questions like...go with a visor...spider caps...scallop painting...ETC

7. Looks good to me. I'd either take the rear dog leg off or put the rear trim spear back on. The wheels look great.

8. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Attached Files:

9. Donzie

Donzie

K' Rust, cool ride. Go slow, get a game plan and look at a lot of pics. There's some great threads on here, search for "4 drs" or "4 doors", "customs" or "kustoms".
    I recently bought a '52 Dodge 4 dr so I know where yer coming from.

Oh, and DON'T chop it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  10. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Car looks good. I like the color combo. A couple things you could do is leave the gravel gaurd but take off the dogleg on the top, looks wierd. Either take it off or put the rest of it on. Another thing guys do is shave the rear handles or both only if you want that look. Personally I wouldnt go with a visor, but thats just me. Shiznit? Hmmm.

11. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Haha, this was posted while I was writting mine. A good resource for pics in 50Chevy.com

12. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I agree lose the dogleg, keep the skirts Maybe lower the rear. I love the tan wheels I even like the narrow whitewalls,Its cool i like it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  13. rick finch

rick finch

Okay, you will receive lots of GREAT advice from very knowledgeable people on this site! Glad you are open to listening, I'm just a grumpy old fart that loves our hobby/passion, and would like to see it carried on in a respectable fashion. Again, welcome!

14. KustomRust

KustomRust

All such great advice....never thought to take the dog leg off...that is coming off ASAP...Thewishartkid- I lowered the rear already...I know I know it doesnt look that low...I cant go any lower without bags...I am well past the "grey Line" with my blocks. Couple of questions and then I will shut up and read for a while on here....Spider caps - $150 a pair? Little to rich for the shallow pockets...any one know where I can snag a set for less...

15. chop,channel,section. or do something like watson's grapevine

16. poorboy

poorboy

thats a nice ride man, welcome to the HAMB, you'll get tons of good advice here and the search function always yields great results

17. KustomRust

KustomRust

I have read this before 53OLDS- I can't figure out how Larry got that car that low with no bags...a master at what he did for sure...I have a lot of respect for his years of work...my knowledge of fabrication and such is not advanced...I am trying to suck all this in and put it into action ....that is why my questions and statments may sound like that of a yuppie with endless pockets...Difference is I am not a yuppie and I am trying to do everything with my own two hands and a little help from those that that feed my passion for this stuff..

18. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

How does it sound? What motor? I6, run split manifold or some fentons with some lakes or straight pipe it. What good is a custom if it sounds like grandma's grocery getter?

19. skyrodder

skyrodder

you can do it and get is just like you want it... just hang around here and learn as much as you can... the search was my best friend here... i turned a 4 door goofy looking 54 into a 2 door chopped and dropped 54, it's barely about halfway done, and i have been working on it for 3 1/2 years.. i buy parts when i can, which is not too often, and drive it daily...

20. KustomRust

KustomRust

The car sounds pretty good! I am running a bone stock 216ci with straight pipe....currently the pipe is cut off right under front seat with a down turn....sounds good all the way around....can't hear my wife talk when we are cruising....she is a good women but damn if the 52 hasn't become "talk about our relationship" time. ...off of that topic...any one know where they sell some decent priced Lakes Pipes at!

21. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

I know speedway has a decent set for a good price. I don't know if night prowler still sells them, but they're a good place to find good stuff like the caps and knobs and crap for a decent price...usually.

22. Toqwik

Toqwik

I'd put side trim on it, kinda breaks it up and not look as tall. Get it down lower, everthing looks beter lower.

23. Fulton sunvisor - Lengthens the roofline & appears lower without a chop.

24. BadLuck

BadLuck

Check out the bazillion pics on http://www.50chevy.com for ideas...theres a few four doors on there too....I like the color it is now...maybe lose the gravel guards...cool ride, welcome...:)

25. Donzie

Donzie

I like the stone guard but I'd add the rear spear that goes with it.
    The color is good but looks a little plain, maybe 'flake the roof or add some white scallops.
    Watson's Grapefine (in any configiration) is a good example of an unchopped Chevy tastefully done.

Did I mention? DON'T CHOP IT!! :D
    If you want to know why I say this PM me and I'll give you the full story.

26. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

The most important thing, is do what YOU want. Otherwise you end up with a car you put a lot of time and money into that you dont even like! Look at pix on here, and 50chevy.com. Search threads. Get an idea of things you like or dont. French lights, peaked hood, shaved handles, lowered, chopped or not, grill options. You have a real nice car startin off with. The main thing is dont fuck up a good thing. try searchin ebay, or craigslist for the caps. If you buy new, theyre going to be expensive everywhere. Try checkin the classifieds on here too. Good luck.

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

for some reason I really like this one....

[​IMG]

28. hunter_lake

hunter_lake

29. msuguydon

msuguydon

If you think its cool, then it's cool. The only person you have to please is you. I second the advice of a previous post, drive it and enjoy it. Go slow and get-on-line, go to shows whatever.. to get ideas on what you want to do.. before you plunge into something you might have second thoughts about down the line..

For what its worth.. I really like your car, as is...

30. cmarcus

cmarcus

I know this thread is SUPER old, but it looks like I may be acquiring a 1950 more-door as well. Does anyone have more information on this car as well? Love it.