Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Craigslist SCORE!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James427, Jan 10, 2009.

1. James427

James427
    BANNED

It was on e-bay before anyone posted about being interested in it. I didn't want to turn this thread into a "sales" ad in violation of the rules.

2. noboD

noboD

Amen!!

3. 31whitey

31whitey

You expect us to believe you honestly thought no-one here would be interested in buying that car....

how many people responded to your first thread saying "man been looking for one myself"

my bet is that you could have set a fair price, made a little, called the first dude that posted on your craigslist thread, and by the the 5th guy that car would have sold.

NOT like your were trying to sell a 1951 shitbox or something...I could see that not getting a response in the classifieds, but a restored roadster...please.

dont blame the rules of the board...

would have cost nothing to list here, less chance of getting burt, and after posting your find thread it would have been appropiate.

its your right, obviously, to maximize your profit, BUT really guy...after your score thread...the least you could have done was put it in the classifieds.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  4. hunter_lake

hunter_lake

Thats awesome, nice find .... even if it needs a little TLC!

5. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Very nice score!!

6. Whitey - I looked back, he never gloated that it was his dream car or project. He just said it was too good a deal to pass up. Which it was. Cut the guy some slack. It just isn't in his cards right now. He's allowed to do exactly what he did! I am just jealous I didn't find it first. Honestly I wouldn't have gone to get it because its in FLA. I missed a 392 hemi on CL the other day. CHEAP and it was 4 miles from my house. Either way, what's the big deal. It's a free country, unless your home owners association is run by a nazi that is. :D

7. 31whitey

31whitey

Ya Tudor...I hear what your saying.

Im super jealous as well....kinda been hunting for a deal like that myself.

just erked me hard this morning to see it on ebay...and then put two and two together and realize, dude could have stoked out a HAMBr hard and made some cash.

I mean a roadster would have sold here quick and for good cash....probabally ebay $$$$.....

just dont see the sense in posting a find thread...then NOT putting it in the classifieds.

but like I said...Its dudes right....so I move on...

Jealous as hell....hahaha.

8. screwball

screwball

I use to be an antique dealer till I found out I was the only antique dealer that was into history more than the $$$$$$$. Now I just collect what I like for myself and trade with friends and other collectors most of the time I could make $$$ but thats not why I like the hobbie.

9. hey I see your point too.....I think I should get it for cheap!!!! :D I could see me now!! (i know that's a 31 but you get the idea)

Attached Files:

10. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

That home owners association excuse is lame. Rent a garage and keep it there, they can't make you sell it. All they can do is make you move it.

11. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I lived in a zero lot line development that had a home owners association and yes they are pricks!! But I can understand their thinking because the average house in the development was around $700K and they wanted to maintain the integrity of the property.

Start going to the meetings and get to know everyone, try to make friends with the President of the Association and find out how to get on the board of directors. Community participation goes a long way with these people and you will find out that they will look the other direction when you bend the rules a little. But on the lighter side they did like my cars and I kept them in the drive and in my garage per the rules.

There is a lot of loopholes in the rules and if you are a smart ass you can follow them and make a point too......I did.

12. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

i got a homeowers association too. just look up the ordinance against a carport. whats the harm in putting it in your back yard.thats what i did.

13. Hmm,, ”Nice to see its going too a good home” couple of days later on E-bay,,
    Lars

14. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

All I know is I would never buy a car from someone on eBay with "0" feedback. To be successful on eBay you need to establish yourself as a legit seller prior to selling big stuff. There are too many scamers out there. I have bought and sold several cars there and have had good and bad experiences. Mostly always bad when someone has a feedback rating of ZERO. Because of that, he won't get perhaps the top dollar to someone out state/country. Craig's list is a better option.

I don't blame someone for wanting to make a quick buck, but I would do it with a little more discretion.

15. patman

patman

Auction's over...looks like a tidy profit on that one...

16. poorboy

poorboy

17. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

Smart move posting it AFTER you bought it!

Was just laughing about the thread a week or so ago where the guy posted about a car on CL and someone (allegedly from the HAMB) bought it out from under him

Sweet car though.