Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jimmy Hendrix Personal Hot Rod??????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODRUBBER, Jan 14, 2009.

1. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

Not a very good picture of the car this thread is about, but the wheels on it sure look like Streamlite wheels. Anyone else think so?

2. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Any Seinfield fans here?

If so,then you`ll understand what i am getting at....

3. panscraper_deluxe

panscraper_deluxe
    from Dayton, OH

Well, there's always that famous picture of him sitting on a bike...

[​IMG]

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

'back in the day" - circa 1970, we were leaning on the fender of someone's car outside the Red Onion Tavern in Madison Park. Somebody pulled in the spot next to us with his radio just a tad loud, and some Hendrix crap (remember boys...Im old) was blaring out the windows - one of us - the biggest one - said "turn that shit off!!!!" well, the guy turned it down (none of us were all that tiny) but his squeeze

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

cont'd - dunno what happened - the screen jumped, and there was my "quick reply">

Anyway - the little cutie pie (blonde, white chick - very attractive and put together well) jumped out and asked if we had a problem with Jimi Hendrix - we said - no...we have a problem with LOUD noises that are NOT music. She got all pissy and advised us that she had been Jimi's girlfriend when he first started playing around Seattle. She was about 25 yrs old, and this was in 1970, so stick that in your timeline. I had no use for him, so even though I'm originally from Seattle, I have no idea how old he was, or when he left or when, if ever, he came back. I think that Paul Allen has a screw loose, but I'm one of those "the day the music died" kinda guys. Hendrix's style just didn't to anything for me - although I acknowledge that he really knew his way around a guitar - a lefty playing a righty axe upside down....when I found that out - I was really impressed.

That's MY Hendrix story - next week, I'll relate the one about Walt Hazzard climbing out of a Ferrari 250GTE - those of you who know who he is and know how cramped a Ferrari can be will understand the amount of entertainment that was provided by watching him extricate himself from that vehicle.

dj

6. I believe it was Marine Corp.

Regardless, $950 sounds like something you should buy.

7. Road Runner

Road Runner

Check out this national archives link....
    http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2006/spring/vips-military.html

(This link also includes notes about the military files of Elvis and Jack Kerouac)

This is what the national archives tell about Hendrix and his dedication to the service....

Hendrix enlisted in the Army in May 1961, at the age of 18. Under the heading "Avocations and Sports," his Enlisted Qualification Record states, "Plays Guitar (3 yrs)." Both creativity and nonconformity are revealed by other enlistment documents, such as a security questionnaire on which Hendrix takes a novel approach to filling in check boxes.

[​IMG]
    (RG 319, Records of the Army Staff)

Hendrix's interest in guitar seems to have taken precedence over any commitment to military service.
    "Pvt Hendrix plays a musical instrument during his off duty hours, or so he says," declares one Sgt. Louis Hoekstra. "This is one of his faults, because his mind apparently cannot function while performing duties and thinking about his guitar." A training record from July 1961 shows Hendrix at the bottom of the heap in marksmanship—ranked 36th out of a group of 36. While he may have been right on the mark with a guitar, with a rifle he was not even close.
    In a request that Hendrix be subjected to physical and psychiatric examination, a Capt. Gilbert Batchman asserts, "Individual is unable to conform to military rules and regulations. Misses bed check; sleeps while supposed to be working; unsatisfactory duty performance. Requires excessive supervision at all times." A May 1962 document recommending that Hendrix be discharged from service states tersely, "No known good characteristics."

Sorry folks, rather than a tough marine, Jimi was a unique guitarist and musician and sadly didn't live long enough to develop all of the musical creative natural talents he possessed.

But back to topic, couldn't that old sedan be the mysterious Clint Eastwood hot rod nobody can find pictures of.....?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  8. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

This thread has OD'ed.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

gosh, he must have become a buttkicking marine paratrooper AFTER the Army wrongly discharged this American fighting man

Give Paul Allen a call - tell him about "Jimi's car" - there's a few million bucks in your pocket.

dj

10. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I'm confused.

This is/was a car for sale thread?

This is/was a Hendrix thread?

As in.........................[​IMG]

11. Whether it was his car or not. Jimi is still the man!

12. rotorwrench

rotorwrench

When I purchased my 29 sport coupe from a guy here in Texas back in 1990, the title still had the 2nd previous owners name on it. It was a fellow named Charley Daniels from Tennessee.

I thought that was kind of interesting. I figured it was more likely a cousin to Jack Danials rather than the musician of fame. With the condition the car was in which was not to bad but no where near perfect, I figured the cousin to Jack was very much more likely.

13. hemifarris

hemifarris

It's spelled "JIMI" Hendrix and his "hot rod" had 5 strings and was played with his left hand......Your Craigslist buddy is full of bull$hit! I'm 63 and saw him live twice. During the 4 years between when he became popular, and when he died, he was so "strung out" he had a hard enough time walking/talking, let alone driving.........Mike

14. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

15. hemifarris

hemifarris

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude! :eek: You cant be serious!! Not tough? He may have been a bag of shit as a soldier (Hey, who wasn't?) but a Para course is a tough thing to do, not everyone can. He did only to be injured on a jump. It happens, eventually to every paratrooper provided you serve long enough and do enough jumps.
    He was tough enough!
    Doc!!

17. corvettecsn

corvettecsn

In the late 60,s I worked in a grocery store down the street from Jimi's dad on Ranier Avenue in Renton Wa. south of Seattle. The old man was always bitching about Jimi never coming back home.

18. 1929rats

1929rats

[​IMG]

No no no.....first of all, it was....."excuse me while I kiss the sky".

#2, Hendrix wouldnt be toolin around on a 29, I just dont see it....

#3 He owned one gray '68 corvette with an automatic, and then one blue '69 with an automatic.

He bought them at Blaushilds Chevrolet for 8000.00 cash, each.

He didnt have a drivers license when he bought the vette, so The title of jimmy M Henrix is 100% bullshit IMHO....

....just a side note: Elvis had a special ordered '72 vette with a 454.

I thought I had a video or picture of jimi driving the blue '69....I have to do some digging if your all really that intrested......

19. TKuhl

TKuhl
    from Pac NW

battleground? i lived there. never heard any rumors of any sort that anyone with any fame lived there, or even visited there...back to the topic

20. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Is there a pencil with Jimi`s teeth marks on it.

21. The White Woody Lebaron ?:D

22. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

23. RichG

RichG

sung to the tune of "excuse me while I kiss the sky"...

"Ryan, why won't this thread just die"...

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

No, JON Voight.

dangit.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To enjoy this thread more, take two of the blue pills and enjoy a side salad with Owsley dressing................

26. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

28. somebody close to this "FUCKTARD" go and kick him in the nuts please.

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Just for the record ..I know its/...."Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

what happend to your sense of humor?

30. OK, I'ts been 24 hours since this thread started and 89 post, seems to have turned into "NAME THAT TUNE" or I can guess that tune in 2 notes,
    WTF?

I guess I just didn't think it would last this long;)