Register now to get rid of these ads!

Please explain the K in Kustom, Kulture & Kool

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JCC, Jan 13, 2009.

1. JCC

JCC
    from Malibu, CA

I agree about the Dutch books telling the early stories differently. His sister says things one way and the writers tell it another. I tend to go with family.

I was at the auction in 2007 and got to hold a few of VonDutch's tools. One in particular was a swiss army knife that had the Calabasas address on it. Cool stuff. I attended both days of that auction and got to see everything there. And then I watched it all sell for big sums.
    It was actually a great experience. The venue was the Petersen museum and there was a lot to see.
    I got to meet old man Davidson and a few others as well. Stan Betz was there and many others. Talked with folks who knew Von Dutch.
    Ever since the late 70's I wanted to meet Von Dutch. Never got to. Seeing so much of his work under one roof was great. There were guns, knives tools and motorcycles and signs, etc.

2. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't House of Kolors spelled like that because the owner was Jon Kosmoski. I think that name goes back to around '65 or something. Every product they make has the spelling screwed up to replace Cs with Ks, like the clear coat is called Kleer Kote or something.

Maybe Kosmoski was one of the reasons why everybody jumped on the K bandwagon?

Also, maybe cars with names like Kooky Kar or Ala Kart.

Maybe I'm krazy and full of krap. I blame it on the kold Kalifornia weather konditions and the koncentration of korn syrup in my kold, karbonated kola I'm konsuming.

3. jonnycola

jonnycola

4. tooslow54

tooslow54

hahahaha..:D

5. Who Karez, Kuz it iz what it iz. i think it's because they were apparently were all a bunch of Ole Skool dropouts

6. Abomb

Abomb

Sooo...."kustomizingkid".......I hope you can define either the word irony, or sarcasm......because, unless you joined the HAMB 4 years ago or more, your username seems a little "uncool"

7. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Klowns...
    Make that Klownzz....

8. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid

I think that was the point of my post.... lol

9. I've been impressed over the past few years at some of the 19-20 year olds and the knowledge they have about custom auto history. I've been doing this nearly 40 years and I seldom go anywhere that I don't pick up a good bit of Hotrod/Custom history off of some young dude.

10. jonnycola

jonnycola

Gayz.... K

11. Abomb

Abomb

I figured it had to be sarcasm, but stupider posts have occurred, even on the HAMB

12. I researched KOA in my earlier post so in case your interested KOA's first Kampground was in Billings Montana in 1962. Koa's Kozy Kabins and Kottages came (kame?) later! Apparently Kampgrounds of America were way ahead of thier time!