Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool pictures! Post them here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by graverobber63, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love this..

2. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. I'll bet Jere Stahl would love to see these!!:eek:

4. Cshabang

Cshabang

NICE DUDE.....I can vouch, That Coupe is NOT for chickens...

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I think this picture ran in an article in Hop Up ~1954. Club bought this deuce 5W off a used car lot for cheap, chopped it, put a hottie flathead in it, built a roll bar and various other stuff, and ran it at the lakes -- all in less than 10 days.

If I got this wrong, lemme know.

Attached Files:

6. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Nope they were gone not long after they did them. Traffic and rain.And it has been over 30 years ago

7. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

click on the picture.

[​IMG]

8. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. 65deluxe

65deluxe

10. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Stumbled upon this image online...looks like a bad day.

Attached Files:

11. flatblackstude

flatblackstude
    from carver, ma

Nothing to do with cars, but I got a chuckle out of it when I saw it.

[​IMG]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

12. %%%% ---- Coolest set of YYYY Block headers I've ever seen >>>>.

13. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

obviously everyone has different interpretations of whats cool. You newbs should not post in here.

14. great picture.:cool:

15. havi

havi

Lol, I can't argue with that. As the OP, can ya weed them all out?

16. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

The Merc Truck and My Dog
    [​IMG]

17. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

This one is cool to me..cause I restored it for my Dad. His dream car..that he got to drive for awhile..before he died.
    [​IMG]

It went to a good friend who passed it on to his Dad..who drove it until he could no longer drive.

Watchin' Dad..stogie..straw hat..looking all Soprano'd out..
    A Dagos dream...
    Miss ya' everyday Dad..

18. mitchell stewart

mitchell stewart
    from toronto On

So every one should go by your criteria of what is cool.I can visualize 60000 people laying on the couch tipping back an Ex and watching reruns of Living the Low Life trying to get a glimpse of 63 Riv or Impala.

19. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

AMEN....whats cool relating to this thread??Hot Rods,Customs,Anything American car related pre 1964...Whats not cool??Military vehicles,pin up girls playing records,68-72 chevy trucks,Motorcycles,The Three Stooges,airplanesThe speedometer of your modern truck,And oh Yeah..THE GIANT DINOSAURS AT KINGS CASTLELAND.Why does this thread keep veering off track?Dont know...Are we gonna let the coolest thread on the HAMB get shutdown again?You tell me-

20. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

here's a few I took from the drivers seat of the Merc Truck, on my way to VLV...

the last one I though was especially cool. It was just before sunset and a train was coming in to view from the horizon. We'd been driving about 10 to 12 hrs by this point...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Dog427435

Dog427435

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Dog427435 [​IMG]
    Gone - last summer!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You are right - it's a very interesting story -

This was the George Watterson Collection

On Nov. 17 2007, Brewer Auction Service conducted the absolute auction of the George Watterson Collection in Mitchell. The sale consisted of approximately 270 vehicles, vintage farm tractors, a handful of motorcycles and various parts. At least that’s what was offered on the auction’s sale bill.

What eventually was auctioned by day’s end may take several more week’s work to uncover and add to the final inventory list of just what all Watterson squirreled away over the past few decades. What can never be fully answered after it’s all accounted for is why the late Watterson hoarded this amazing collection of automotive treasure, worked hard to preserve most of it in hand-crafted buildings and then eventually neglected it to the point of allowing these buildings to collapse and bury everything stored inside.

From speaking to several of the enthusiasts and locals in attendance at the auction, the back story to how at least a portion of this collection was amassed goes something like this:

Up until approximately 10 years ago, Mitchell was the location of the famous Carpenter bus works that supplied the country with school buses since 1923. Reportedly, Watterson, for some undetermined amount of time, delivered finished buses to various locations around the country. To return from these one-way bus-delivery assignments, Watterson would purchase a vehicle in that location to drive back to Mitchell. These return-trip vehicles would then be driven into Watterson’s wooded property and parked.

Several Indiana residents attending the auction also told the same story: That when they approached Watterson over the years to purchase something from the woods, the answer was either ‘No’ or the price to purchase quoted them was so ridiculously high it was Watterson’s back-door way of saying, ‘Hit the bricks.’

Most of the approximately 270 cars, trucks, tractors and motorcycles offered in this auction were in rough shape. A common plea overheard was: ‘If only I could have gotten this car years ago when it was still restorable.’ Most of the remainder of comments overheard were directed at the late owner of the collection, George Watterson, and can be summed up thusly: ‘If only he wasn’t such a pack rat’ (or substitute hoarder or other foul variants of selfishness that won’t be repeated here).

22. jc62

jc62

Took these a couple weeks ago.

Attached Files:

23. alsancle

alsancle

Here is a whole Hamb thread about it:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222370

24. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

Took care of my transgressions as best I could. Thank you for pointing them out. I'll stay out since I'm a newb.

25. belair

belair

Dang-I really liked the dinosaurs...

26. Dog427435

Dog427435

27. Dog427435

Dog427435

28. Dog427435

Dog427435

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.