Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GNRS 60th Anniversary -- Jan 23-25, 2009 -- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

The weather is still about 10 degrees above normal...was 82 today, I'm expecting that by the GNRS it will be in the high 60's...now, just don't let it rain....

2. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Don't you know the "R" word is forbidden on here!!!

I'm going, we go every year, I think my girlfriend will be a vender this year.
    Counting the days!!!

See you all there!

3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Aint that right !

4. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Stop by the LimeWorks booth and say Hi!
    Might have the yello 40 in the outdoor display.
    CraigR

5. Renae

Renae

I'll be there all 3 days and helpin out with the pinstriper reunion on sat hope to see some of you there

6. R COLE

R COLE
    from OC

I will be there with my 40 coupe in the drive in show both days, stop and say hi ron

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Looks like a good crowd. I have to fly to FL for business on Sunday thru Thur and then turn around and head South on Friday for the show. Cant wait

8. If going to the Roadster show, it's worth taking a trip to the NHRA Museum. I've been told that there will be parking in front, but I don't know how much it will cost. You can get your show ticket in the museum and go out the back door to the main show building.
    The museum is going to have a '34 Ford display including ZZ Top, the 554 Coupe and the California Kid.
    If you're into diesels, the Gale Banks display should still be on.
    Jimmy Shine's truck was in there the other day, but I'm not sure how long it will be there, that's above my pay grade.
    I won't be working the museum this year, but should be in and out. Stop at the desk and ask if Barry's around.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  9. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

Hey axle. Hope all is going well. Sent you a PM See you at the show

10. Did I mention that Sue and I are heading out Monday and leaving the Monday after the show. Hoping to visit some new and different shops, museums, etc. this trip. Getting shown around the Nethercutt Friday morning - hoping it live up to all the reviews.

Will we be having a noon Meet and Greet by the Shifters display on Saturday again this year?

Getting psyched and ready to go!

Dennis & Sue

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I'll be there, but I am just going to drop down for the day Saturday (via flight) and head back the same night. Looks like it shaping up to be some pretty nice cars there and don't want to miss it yet again this year, even if I can only just be there for one day and have to fly in. Southwest flight is only $199 round trip and my wife had a $184 credit. So, for just $35, I'm there and back.

12. eric

eric

see you guys/girls at the show!

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I wasn't planning on bringing LIVE WIRE.. Cause i'm broke.. But I might bring
    it on Saturday for the drive in deal..Dose any one know if you have to pre reg? or can I get there early and line up and get in.. Pre reg was over on the 9th... Axle??

14. I'll be in town on Thursday for set up. I plan on stalking KIRK! :D and drooling over the Ala Kart some more.

15. Gaters

Gaters

I'll be there taking lots o photos.

16. so are we having a official hamb meet inside on friday, sat or sun.? and who's in for sat breakfast?.

17. Mike

Mike

I'll be there, driing either my '57 Chevy Sedan Delivery or my '61 Starliner.

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking forward to catching up with you, Alan and crew -- probably on Friday!

Haven't heard anything about a Meet and Greet yet. Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

A group of us will most likely be going to the Donut Derelicts gathering, then the Anti-Donut breakfast at Papa Z's.
    Is that the Sat. breakfast you are talking about?

Cool - See ya there, Mike!

19. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

I'll be there god willing.....leaving vegas @ 4am sat.

See ya there :eek:

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Should we plan a meet & greet on this thread or start a new one?

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'd start a new one so nobody has to search through pages for a time.

22. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Was Bad Bob putting something together?

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I just sent him a PM, since he had mentioned the Meet and Greet in one a while back....

24. Saturday after the Anti Breakfast with Mrs. Hoovs and Tiny Elvis...see ya'll then.

25. Sue and I are headed over in the 78 GMC MH on thur afternoon, staying at the RV park across from the fairplex. Looking forward to breakfast at the "Place" and the show, a first for both of us, dont see much like this when you spent most of your life flying around in "ALASKA" LOL Dave

26. I'll be there with a few friends on Saturday, I'll be looking for all of the cars in the post. If anyone sees an ugly guy with a cowboy hat full of car pins, say hi to me. Allways like to make new friends.

27. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

ill be there with my roadster, and building on a "roadster" live there with a few guys... stop by and yell at me! -jordan

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Jordan, are you moving your car in Thursday?

29. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

He Denise, Glad you are coming out, we are staying at the Shearton from Wednesday on make sure you look us up...its gonna be a great time there for sure

30. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Ill be there fri n sun.